PDA

View Full Version : Hey Desmet ......

Nicks $700.00 Pede
07-08-2000, 12:10 AM
Hey man i noticed your from st louis and you are the closest person i have seen to me . I live in west frankfort il and wanted to know wher you race or wher the closest off road track is to u thanx , Nick

" I SWEAR MY PEDE DIDNT SEE YOUR CAR " : D

DeSmet Spartan
07-08-2000, 09:32 AM
Dirtburners . It is in Kirkwood on Marshall Road right next to the Meramac River . I live in North County .

------------------
St. Louis RAMS
Super Bowl Champions

FLYBOY7
07-08-2000, 10:19 AM
hey desmet ..... i was at that track last night !!! i am new to the st louis area , and that is the first track that i was able to find out about .... nice little track .... just wish there were a few more jumps http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif ....... while i was out there last night i was finally able to see one of those 1 / 8 gas buggies running ( i had never seen one run in real life )..... i could not BELEIVE how fast that thing was ......

i am gonna try to race out there at the end of july .... i will give ya a holler if i do ..... http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

FLYBOY7
RC10-B2

"you can never have enough fun, friends, or Horsepower!"

Nicks $700.00 Pede
07-08-2000, 10:29 AM
hey flyboy , you on line ? , Nick :>)

" I SWEAR MY PEDE DIDNT SEE YOUR CAR " : D

DeSmet Spartan
07-09-2000, 09:49 AM
I don ' t race , I just go up every once and a while and race . I have a HPI Rally car and a HPI MT , so they don ' t really fit into any of the classes . Once I get my B3 fixed , I might take that up there to race . The track is perfect for my rally car because it handles well and can ' t take the big jumps as fast as my truck .

------------------
St. Louis RAMS
Super Bowl Champions

FLYBOY7
07-10-2000, 12:51 AM
how does that really car compare in speed to ur B - 3 ?? is it pretty close or a tic off the pace ?? and can you get all the way over the table - top and the double after it with any of your vehicles ?? i am still messing around with my gearing on my b - 2 , but with a 17 pionion and a 19 turn double motor , and pro - line bow ties , i can ' t quite get over the whole tabletop , but i can make it over the double at the base .....

the reason i ask about how fast your rally car is because those things look really fun .... and i have actually thought about getting one .... so i am just wondering how fast it is , and how well it can handle jumps .....

------------------

FLYBOY7
RC10-B2

DeSmet Spartan
07-10-2000, 11:57 AM
My B3 is a little faster than my MT because it has a faster motor ( 14t ) and is a lot lighter . My MT has a 16t in it . I couldn ' t really make a full speed run up the table top because my servo on my MT was to weak to make the turns leading up to it . I did jump the double after that and then two of the three jumps on the triple . I went up there right after that hard rain storm so the track had some puddles on it so it was a little hgard to drive on . The rally car is a lot of fun . I have a P2K in mine and it is pretty quick . You can ' t take the jumps too hard , because the car will bottom out on the jump and nose dive into the next jump . The rally handles great so you make up the time on the turns and straits . I take the series of jumps after the table at an angle to keep the car stable .
I am going up there this afternoon to practice with my rally and MT .

------------------
St. Louis RAMS
Super Bowl Champions

FLYBOY7
07-10-2000, 03:34 PM
i will be up there tomorrow night after work ... probably around 5 pm or so ...... wish i could go today ... the track should probably be in good shape .....

later bro !!

------------------

FLYBOY7
RC10-B2

FLYBOY7
07-10-2000, 03:41 PM
btw ... i have motocross races every weekend till the end of the month .. but i was thinking about doing my first race at the ROAR region 8 championships in Chillicothe Missouri .... looks like about a 4 hr drive or so from here .... if i cant make that race though , i do plan on joining there rc club and doing some races at the kirkwood track ....

you should get crazy and do some racing bro !! i can hardly wait to get blown off the track by the faster guys ... LOL .... but i will have fun no matter how i finish .... http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

FLYBOY7
RC10-B2

DeSmet Spartan
07-12-2000, 12:10 AM
I didn ' t get to run as long as I wanted to because of some mechanical difficulties . Something is messed up with the steering on both of my cars . The MT ' s steering was really messed up . Every time I would land a jump , the wheel would turn to the right and stay there . I would adust the steering on the radio but eventually the front wheels were turned to the right and when you turned them to the left they barely centered . I just got a Lynx 3D for my rally so I still just trying to figure it out .

Also , you can email me at TMK9883 @ hotmail . com . I ' m 16 by the way .

------------------
St. Louis RAMS
Super Bowl Champions