PDA

View Full Version : Hey Anyone from the staff of R / C Car Action

RustlerRacr
07-09-2000, 03:38 PM
When you said you boiled some of the parts on the MTs in the August issue to make them stronger . Will that work on any Shock tower ?? Because I have a friend who keeps busting his Stampedes Rear shock tower after he jumps it . Can He Boil His Shock Tower To Make it Stronger ??? And If he can How Long does he boil it for ??

------------------
-RustlerRacr
What's this do?
Snap.
WOW!

Paradigm
07-09-2000, 04:34 PM
I don ' t believe that it makes the plastic parts stronger , just more flexible so they bend rather than break under force .

I checked out HPI ' s website and it doesn ' t mention anything about it ( not that I could find in 10min anyways ). Hopefully someone at RCCA will be able to answer your question for you . http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

Good luck ,
- Dave

Alta-b3racer
07-09-2000, 05:32 PM
I beleive that boiling works on nylon parts but I am not sure about other plastics and composites .

DerekB
07-10-2000, 09:26 AM
RustlerRacr -

Boiling plastics , in general , makes the plastic or composite more flexible and less prone to breaking . The suspension arms on the Nitro MT are not nylon but a composite , so boiling most plastics will decrease the chances of breaking . I would suggest trying it on one of the old broken towers to make sure that it doesn ' t cause any damage to the plastic .

Derek