PDA

View Full Version : Chargers

Throtl Hapie
08-17-2000, 05:38 PM
Which chargers charge 3000 NiMh batteries? Anything under $70?

------------------
VV00T!

XXXER
08-17-2000, 08:39 PM
I think that Astro flight makes a little tiny DC only charger, but it amy only be for transmitter batteries

FLYBOY7
08-17-2000, 10:43 PM
for safely peak charing 3000 cells.. the best option right now is the Novak Millenium, period....

you can charge the nimh cells on any charger.... but 99% of the other chargers on the market will peak charge them.... which leaves you standing there monitoring pack temperature all the time.....

the millenium is expensive... around 200 bucks with power supply.... but honestly is worth every penny... and i can personally vouch for Novak being there for you if you every have a problem with it... they will do you right.... (a lot of other companies will not... )

good luck

------------------

~~FLYBOY7~~
Factory Team RC10-B3
RC10-B2
Losi Junior T
And Proud Novak Owner!

FLYBOY7
08-17-2000, 10:44 PM
oopss sorry... ment to say that 99% of the other chargers will NOT peak charge them...

------------------

~~FLYBOY7~~
Factory Team RC10-B3
RC10-B2
Losi Junior T
And Proud Novak Owner!

Throtl Hapie
08-17-2000, 10:59 PM
hmmm, too much, and for an already expensive charger, you would think it came with a power supply, but it doesn't, and that's is pretty wrong/bad. Oh well, thanks anyway, i dont think ill be racing a lot anyway, so ill just go witha cheaper one.

------------------
VV00T!

FLYBOY7
08-18-2000, 12:26 AM
i have already done what you are about to do..... i bought 3-3000 packs while i still just had a "decent" charger..... it charged them ok.... and at the time i didn't have a problem standing next to the pack monitoring pack temperature..... using this method you really have to pay a lot of attention, because once the nimh cells peak, they can get real hot REAL fast.... and this means nothing but damaging some pretty expensive batteries....

finally i got fed up with really having no clue if i had properly charged the 3000's, and having to babysit them while they charged... that's when i started "good" charger shopping.....

the tekin 112c can peak 3000 packs..... it is the ac/dc version of the dc only 112a..... most places sell if for around 190 bucks (for the 112c, the 112a dc only runs about 135).... and i consider it to the be the cheapest "true" 3000 peak charger on the market right now.....

for 10 bucks more you can own the novak..... and let your mind rest in peace knowing your packs are getting the one of the best charges on the market bar none.... and a decent company backing it up.....

after getting the novak, my 3000's ran like bashee's compared to when i charged them on my el' cheapo..... just the added punch and run time i got from using the more expensive charger made it worth way more than the 15 hours of overtime i had to work for two weeks to be able to swing it.....

i have been there...... and that's my .00000000000002 cents....

------------------

~~FLYBOY7~~
Factory Team RC10-B3
RC10-B2
Losi Junior T
And Proud Novak Owner!

Paraquat
08-18-2000, 02:24 AM
Yes, there are really good chargers out there. How much can you afford? If money is pretty tight, I suggest the 'Astro Flight' digital peak charger. Mdl.# 115D. It costs $99.00. I have one that I use to charge my 3000 stick packs for my 'Clod Buster'. Yes, There are better, but for the money, this one works good. Hope this helps. http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

aspiringrcracer710
08-18-2000, 01:27 PM
you know LRP is making a charger just for NIMH batteries read about it in the Shizuoka Hobby Show Inside Scoop in the current Issue of RCCA (the one with the XXXNT on the cover)

------------------
All Hail Associated RC10T3