PDA

View Full Version : BOLINK-sport for oval?

agalanis
08-18-2000, 10:31 AM
Hey I've wanted to do some carpet oval racing. I only have an old Bolink-Sport. I'm just wondering if it would be competative at all in a 1/10 oval stock class?

Any oval racers out there...

SteveP
08-18-2000, 11:42 AM
It's not the latest technology, but better driving skills win out over technology all the time. Put some fresh bearings in the car and go get some pratice. You might be surprised how fast you are! http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

agalanis
08-18-2000, 02:24 PM
Well I'm thinking of cutting my own fiberglass chassis, making sure the battery slots are all on the left. Then for the front end cutting out holes for the RC10L front end. That way the only low tech part is the rear suspension. I still can adjust some of the rear play and tweak. Just have to figure out how to mount a shock...

dockman
08-18-2000, 04:54 PM
If you want an easy way(and inexpensive) to mount the batts on the chassis try this. Get 2 of the old AE batt holders that were used in the offroad tub chassis. Put one on each end of a pack then place them on the chassis to get an idea of where you want them. Then use Marine Goop (shoe goo) to mount them to the chassis. Its very cheap to do and bullet proof! You will never lose a batt even in the worst crash. If you ever do need to remove them they will pop off with a screw driver. I did it on an L3O and it works great.

dockman
08-18-2000, 04:59 PM
One more thing. If your really going to make another chassis, replace the front end, and ad a shock to the rear, I would suggest just spending $150 to get an L3O. It would be a lot easier and not cost much more. Plus you will have a top of the line car.

Bones
08-18-2000, 09:13 PM
but if you make your own car from scratch its a lot more rewarding!!

agalanis
08-21-2000, 11:17 AM
I've got a whole sheep load of bits from stuff I've collected over the years, bargan bins etc. The RC10L front end really isn't that expensive either. As for a rear shock I might just leave it without one or jury rig something. Anyone remeber the fuel tubing shock? Actually I was thinking maybe my old Ultima red shocks... they would be good enough for an onroad car. The chassis is going to be blank circut board material (without the copper), or possibly graphite reinforced balsa-wood. I think it would be pretty cool. This is more for fun than anything else really.