PDA

View Full Version : Transponder mount for T3

FMX_Redth
08-21-2000, 01:23 PM
i have a little kyosho transponder mount from the ultima ep that i use on my t2.... i screwed it onto the front shock tower... this can be done... or u can do it the easier way (which i do know)... just put a hole in the windshield of ur body, and put it on like that.... thats the easiest way

aspiringrcracer710
08-21-2000, 01:36 PM
I have an idea. try mounting it in the front inbetween the headlight decals. By putting it close to the front you will be able to win close races. I say that because the person who wins a race is the person whose transponder registers first. by mounting it in the front you could win almost any close race because your transponder crosses the line first. Just a thought.

Justin Thyme
08-21-2000, 02:06 PM
FMX...

I saw the Ultima mount in a review, and had thought about trying to use it somehow. I'll take a closer look at it.

That was sorta my idea, but mounting it in the area of the front body mount/front shock mount.

I'd just prefer avoiding putting more holes in the body unless absolutely necessary.

aspiringrcracer710
08-21-2000, 06:01 PM
Hey man I read in RCCA once(forgot the issue) that you could take a scrap piece of lexan, cut it into a small rectangle and brace it on the front body mounts that way you only one hole in the body right in the center and you can use more scrap laxan to bolster the body there that way your body wont damage easily like that idea?

FMX_Redth
08-21-2000, 10:55 PM
yeah u should be able to work something out by using the kyosho mount... just rig something up to mount i on ur front shock tower between the 2 shocks...

Justin Thyme
08-22-2000, 12:56 AM
I have a Factory Team T3 that I plan to get racing here soon, and was wondering how people mount the transponder. The only real suggestion I've had so far is to mount it on the body.

I think I'm going to try attaching a piece of lexan going between the front body mount and the front shock tower.

Does anyone have any other ideas?