PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Hobbies

ron1431
08-03-2005, 12:09 PM
I finallly ordered a savage from ultimate hobbies. Great price you cant get any better then 369 flat. I was wondering has anyone order things from them how long does it take for them to ship to newyork. also other then reciever pack, high torque servo and airfilter what are some other good upgrades. thanks

Duster_360
08-03-2005, 01:00 PM
I've ordered several times from them and if its in stock, it usually ships within a day after you place the order. The free deal is ground shipping and it takes 5 days to get it to me in Houston, so I'd guess you're looking at 7 business days prob. You can check your credit card (assuming you charged it) cause Ultimate won't charge your card until they ship it. That way, you'll know when it shipped.

Another good hopup is the cam type servo saver like they put on the 4.6SS. Check ebay, all the improvements made on the 4.6SS are being parted out there for good prices. One other thing - get a switch with a charging lead to replace the stocker so you don't have to open the radio box anymore to charge the batt. Its a PIA to get into and out of!

ron1431
08-03-2005, 01:15 PM
thanks duster.

Duster_360
08-03-2005, 03:23 PM
You're welcome!

When I bought my Savage 4.6 SS I tried Ultimate 1st. I was disappointed it was back ordered. I wished thay had had it. I wound up getting one from a HS in Ohio and was a little less than thrilled when I got it and found that the box had been opened. Its 99% together now and it was all there, but it was something I just didn't need to go through. It wouldn't have happened with Ultimate.

Enjoy your Savage!

Cotharyus
08-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Yep. I've ordered two trucks from Ultimate, and I'm looking at ordering something else, which is likely going to come from them as well. They've always been outstanding to do business with.

LandSharkGT
08-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Thats where I got my Savy from! It was really quick! The shipping I mean! Savy too though!

TC3Racer
08-03-2005, 10:47 PM
i bought my Hot Bodies Lightning Pro 2 from them last summer. Saved 90 bucks by going with them instead of Tower :D .

Hugh
08-04-2005, 05:42 PM
I just ordered from them for the first time last week. It took 8 days to get my M11 to S.C. from CA. Their prices are awesome. Just wish they would provide tracking numbers and they never told me when it shipped out,so I missed the UPS man 2 days in a row. Could've planned a little better if I had tracking numbers. Other than that,no complaints.

mitsulancer
08-04-2005, 06:03 PM
i just ordered my first time from them,i got a tlt and it should arrive weds. cant wait, so far their prices are excellent from wat ive seen :D

ron1431
08-05-2005, 12:45 AM
thanks for all the replys. hope it comes by saturday or sunday its going to be the only cool days. man i really hate this heat wave.

Duster_360
08-05-2005, 06:19 AM
Hugh - you can call them and they will eventrually be able to give you that infor or tell you when its hsipped, but remember Ultimate is a large, busy hobby shop. You'll spewnd a lot of time holding the line. And face it, this is partly why Ultimate's prices are so good - lack of frills like shipping info.

If you charged it, you can call your credit card and when it is actually charged to your card, then, that's when it was shipped. They don't charge your card until it has shipped. My card company has an 800 number and you can get the last 5 transactions on the card via an automated system.

Instead of the frustration of calling them or missing the UPS guy, I call my card and when I see the charge on my account, I know 5 days later (Houston, TX), I need to be around for the ups guy.