PDA

View Full Version : Your take on the best Mini

d1rt
08-06-2005, 02:01 AM
I am looking at buying a mini and want your response on your favourite's. I am looking at the Kyosho Mini Inferno, Duratrax Mini Quake and Team Associated's RC18T/MT. Also could you please add the pros and cons of your fav.

Thanks.

Duster_360
08-06-2005, 09:32 PM
I have a MQ and building another, the pro level MQ SE with a brushless setup.

Think the MQ is the fastest of those you've listed out of the box and best suited for general offroading. All of them have decent after market hopup parts and can be modded from mild to wild.

But for the MQ I guess I would list as pros - decent stock motor, decent radio gear, stock servo is separate and adequate (not part of the esc like the rc18t), good warranty and customer service support. Cons - lousy stock battery (600mah NiCd), poor charger (takes 3 hrs to recharge batt!), marginal esc, almost no braking - goes into reverse instead of breaking, flimsy suspension arms, weak outdrives. The MQ SE has fixed a lot of these issues, has ball diffs instead of gear diffs with alum CVDs all around. You get to install radio, esc and motor of your choice.

Spend some time over at http://www.one18th.com/forums/index.php?
to get a flavor on how well all three work, there are forums for each vehicle.

RCfrodoRC
08-06-2005, 11:23 PM
did you think about a mini-t they seem to have a lot of hop ups

supernitro_guy1
08-06-2005, 11:28 PM
In my opionion, the Duratrax is the best one, I drove oa show one at HobbyTown, and its HELLA FUN!!!

d1rt
08-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Acctually, I'm getting rid of my Mini-T, I want a four wheel drive as I will be racing it out doors. I also want a car that will take a little more abuse then the Mini-T. I liked the T but....

supernitro_guy1
08-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Like I said, the Duratrax is OWESOME man