PDA

View Full Version : radio wire

total_psycho
08-12-2005, 03:18 AM
well wile i was running my truck i had a bad wreck and when i sat down to look at it i noticed that i was missing about almost a foot of the radios wire is there any way i can fix this by adding new wire on to it then heat shrinking the conected area or should i just replace the whole radio i do have a mx3 for my truck just no servos that will work with it and i dont have the money for the servos right now

Racer965
08-12-2005, 09:09 AM
one time i lost control of my t amxx and it went over an embankment and tore the antenna off i had the stock am system on it i just went to my lhs and i asked for a new antenna wire and i had to take the reciever apart find where the reciever wire conected to the circuit board and then i just soldered the new one on. ohh yeah make sure your lhs tells you what length to cut the wire. -Andrew Morgan

PitStops
08-12-2005, 11:44 AM
What kind of truck are you running? Your servos should work with the Airtronics Reciever. it may take some work but you should be able to plug them in. Sometimes you have to get creative with the plugs to make them fit but they should work with the radio.

Bryan

Piggy89373
08-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Psycho, best to do the same thing Racer did. You're going to have to solder anyway, may as well do it the right way. Start at your lhs and pick up the antenna wire you need. You can also do some research from home and look up the manufacturer of your radio gear and find out what the length of the wire should be. If the manufacturer doesn't post it on their website, call up their tech support and ask them.

Do NOT make your antenna wire shorter than it needs to be. It's a specific length for a reason.

total_psycho
08-12-2005, 02:22 PM
i have a traxxas nitro sport

HPI_freak
08-12-2005, 02:35 PM
oh dam. i have a traxxas nitro sport, i HATE IT. i cant stand it. its plauged with problems. i broke it in perfectly with no problems and thought it was a nice truck. but RIGHT AFTER breaking, it sucked. i get a problem, fix it, then something else goes wrong wile i am testing it. i finally got it running perfectly and even bought a 360 stinger for it on towerhobbies. but ofcorse, when i took it out to test the new pipe, something whent wrong. i have no idea what it is this time. it just stopped moving. i can rev the engine, the cluch engages, the sper gear spins, but it doesnt move. must be something in the tranny. i dont even care to take it apart to look at it. it will just cost me even more money just so i can get it running again to break somthing else. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

total_psycho
08-13-2005, 02:35 AM
i guess i have been very luckly with it after getting it the motor went but the truck was ran real hard by last owner and then i put the 2.5r on it and it halls the only time something breaks on me is when it is my falt like when i dident have the radios batey pack secure and it slamed into the side of the local chinies place at full speed and snapped the bottom plate and ripped the gears out the servo