PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of a seperate forum for truggies

madforRC
08-24-2005, 04:52 AM
what do you guys think about having a forum for all you truggie fans out there.

QUAKE&SHAKE
08-24-2005, 07:46 PM
I feel truggies are "Monster Trucks" and to leave it as is. Monster Truck being a general term for true solid axle, trans type and center diff. If it has overly large tires in ratio to its scale chassis "however that chassis is designed" then its a Monster Truck to me. My Nitro Quake IS a Monster Truck.

madforRC
08-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Ok maybe its not such a good Idea

Duster_360
08-26-2005, 03:49 PM
With individual threads for specific vehicles in the Vehicle Forums under Nitro Monster Trucks, I think we've already got it. If you're looking to discuss generall merits of MT vs truggy, I think there are at least three forums in here where thats already happened and continues to some extent.

Truggies do seem to be the current rage though based on what the magazines are writing and watching whats coming out from the various manufacturers.

Fluke
08-27-2005, 01:38 AM
truggies seem to be the current rage because its the winning formula for mt racing.that's all.truggies are meant for racing

LandSharkGT
08-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Truggies might be the current rage, But it seems hardly fair to the race community. Just to put MT wheels & tires on a buggy, regear for the size change, up size the motor and compete againts MT's is not a fair match up. I have both and it would hardly be a fair race if I used my buggy against MT's. I think that truggies are pretty kool personally, But not in the same class as MT's.

Fluke
08-27-2005, 12:09 PM
I think that truggies are pretty kool personally, But not in the same class as MT's.

i agree with you here

Duster_360
08-27-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm surprised race sanctioning bodies haven't dealt with that issue yet, it does seem unfair and to just make them run unlimited class kind of sidesteps the prob.

They're expensive so maybe as they grow in popularity, something will change.

I think they're cool too with the low stance and ST shells, but I haven't really got a place to run one, so I've managed not to buy one. I've thought it would be an interesting project to convert one of my 1/8ths though, but not by using axle extenders.

Silent Night
08-28-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm wondering why there isn't an on-road forum.. :confused: