PDA

View Full Version : Monster Ford Svt Tlo1 4x4 ?

Nicks $700.00 Pede
07-10-2000, 06:55 PM
Hey all can you tell me if I can convert a Tamiya TLo1 4x4 on road to off road with taller body posts and where would i get them , and do the rims by hpi with adapters ss monster fit on it ? thanx Nick :>)

Racer A
07-10-2000, 09:20 PM
you ' d have to get longer suspension arms from possibly the baja champ . then get some 3 " oil shocks . The ss truck wheels might work cuz they can be fitted to the tamiya TAo2 , but i don ' t really know . I think most Tlo1 body posts are the same and none are really longer . You could however extend them with some aluminum tubing . all and all it would be about as off - road as the baja champ . You might wanna check if the wild dagger arms are longer so you can raise it up more .

DeSmet Spartan
07-12-2000, 12:21 AM
I thick the HPI truck wheels might be too big for suspension traval . Try some HPI rally tires on some inch - up wheels for a little extra ground clearence . The rally shocks will also fit the TL01 . I have a HPI Silverrado body on my rally and it looks cool .

------------------
St. Louis RAMS
Super Bowl Champions

red20
07-12-2000, 12:43 AM
My TL01 is on both world . Bought as an off - road Stadium Raider but sometimes i put to race side by side with the TC3 using smaller rim , TA03 super low damper and on - road tuned springs . The Stadium Raider comes with spiky tires which is quite big .

go for read Damper shock as in the Baja Champ buggy and use the Wild Dagger longer suspension arms . It should be no problem just for the normal off road . the rim im not sure . I only use Tamiya ' s . [ Pls refer above replies ] http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/wink.gif

Nicks $700.00 Pede
07-12-2000, 09:02 AM
thanx guys im still a little : confused : i have a general idea in what i am doing , Ill try to get rally tires and longer dogbones and suspension components . if you can help me some more thanx , Nick :>)

Nicks $700.00 Pede
07-13-2000, 02:01 AM
1 list plz 1 on top of the other first i need then etc . it would help me , Nick :>)

thanx

DeSmet Spartan
07-13-2000, 11:00 AM
If you want to keep it looking scale e . g . not having the wheel stick way out of the body here is a list

- HPI rally tires
- any set of touring rim , inch - up or regular size
- 2 set of HPI rally shock ( 2 in a set )

Simply replace all of the stock parts with the new stuff .

This should work because I put my rally shocks on my TA02 FF and the fit fine . You should use shock oil in the 40wt to 50wt area . When you build the shocks , use the 2mm spacer on the shock . This helps because your car is 190mm wide and the rally is 200mm . The suspension will be too extended and you may pop out a dogbone or traction roll ( happened to my rally TA02 FF ).

Good Luck

------------------
St. Louis RAMS
Super Bowl Champions

Budster
07-13-2000, 10:08 PM
Go With the Dagger parts suspension wise .

- 3 " oil shocks
- JJ ' s Precision Guesswork Aluminum Upper and lower suspension arms
- Dagger Dogbones

That should get you started . For the aluminum suspension parts contact them at PREGESS3 @ aol . com . Or check the < a href =" http :// www . geocities . com / PREGESS3 /"> web site </ a >... under construction but the Dagger stuff is up .

------------------
Budster
AKA : Carl
http :// www . rcmonstertrucks . com / members / budster /