PDA

View Full Version : TC3 racer vs . RS4 sport2

Screwloose
07-11-2000, 12:04 AM
My friend and I are thinking of getting on road cars and cann ' t decide which one to get , the TC3 racer or the RS4 sport2 . We are new to on road racing but have been doing off road racing for a few years in gas and electric . What are they drawbacks of each kit ? Is shaft drive better than belt drive ? Is there a 2 speed conversion kit for the TC3 ? Etc ...... Any help you may have would be greatly appreciated .

andy51289
07-11-2000, 11:25 AM
Well ... if your a serious racer , than you should get the TC3 , but if your the kind of guy that goes to the track whenever he feels like it , get the RS4 Sport 2 . Of couse , if your a serious racer and want an HPI car , you can get the RS4 Pro 3 . Shaft driven cars are lots better ( in my oppinion ) the belt driven . There isn ' t a 2 speed conversion ( that I kow of ) from Associated , but I ' m almost positive that there ' s a 2 speed tranny that you could stick in the chassis .

------------------
andy

DeSmet Spartan
07-12-2000, 12:17 AM
There won ' t be a Pro 3 until next spring . Get what ever car you hobby shop carries part for or get which ever car ou think is cooler looking . I recommend the HPI because I have 3 cars ( EMT and 2 Rallys ) and have had no problems with them . They are very tough and there customer service is excellent . For the price though , the TC3 comes with more goodies .

------------------
St. Louis RAMS
Super Bowl Champions

andy51289
07-12-2000, 09:28 AM
Oh .. whoops .... I meant RS4 Pro 2 .. My typings bad ...

andy

rcracer28
07-13-2000, 01:58 AM
TC3 all the way trust me !

------------------
ask me anything

Screwloose
07-13-2000, 06:04 PM
Can you get a 2 - speed for the tc3 rcracer28 ?

Hellonu
07-16-2000, 10:21 AM
no 2speed . And obvoiusly your not racing at a track right ? Because 2 speeds are not legal for most races .

Of the 2 cars the Racer comes with ball diffs wich is the only feature that it has that would make it " better " then the sport2 .... Both cars are great and i am catually getting the RACER over the TEAM , becuase its only real missing item over all other PRO level cars is the lack of alloy shocks

mshipley
07-16-2000, 05:24 PM
A little comparision , the racer doesn ' t have as many mods as the tc3 team though

racer - steel turnbuckles , composite cvd ' s , rubber sealed bearings , composite vcs shock bodies

team - titanium turnbuckles , alloy cvd ' s , teflon and rubber sealed bearings , and as you mentioned the blue anodized aluminum shock bodies

So there are some features that are not the same , so don ' t hold the tc3 team as being an overpriced version of the racer , latah

Hellonu
07-17-2000, 09:51 AM
No its not but compared to the PRO2 the RACER is lacking only the alloy shocks.

Compare the TC3 TEAM to the Pro2 and your gettting more bang for your buck, but with a year and a half on my PRO2 i still dont have any titanium on the car...

Just say that the RACER is as equipt as any other PRO level car once you add alloy shocks and at the same time you get a body and save $50 dollars...

R_C_MAN
07-17-2000, 01:32 PM
I would probably get the HPI Sport 2 because you can use stick packs and then hop it up majorly. Thats if you dont plan on seriously racing and just wanna have fun like I do. Stick packs are more convenient. Just use a very effecient plugs like the Powerpole connectors by Acer which can be ordered on their website or you can mail in a order. Check out their website. www.acerracing.com (http://www.acerracing.com)

Hellonu
07-19-2000, 12:34 AM
Stick packs fit in either car... The Tc3 racer has ball diffs and CVD's vs the sport with gear diffs and dog bones

grey mako
07-22-2000, 01:18 PM
The belts on the sport2 would stretch and you would have to eventually have to replace both bets and pullies on the sport2 where the TC3 you wouldn't because it is shaft.

steveCnyc
08-05-2000, 11:33 AM
I have the Team TC3, suggestion:
Buy the Racer because you will get the body(worth about $20.00),leave the composite cvds, most Team kit drivers are converting believe or not to this racer kit part.They are cheaper and dont bend like the MIp Cvd ones that just look trick. Composite cvd's are 18% lighter too.Then replace the composite shocks to threaded aluminum bodies( for the sake of accurate chassis tweaking.the racer bearings are just fine. wait till you need to replace them before you get the teflon sealed ones. the Titanium tierod links can always be an upgrade like the the bearings down the road. And I don't recommend you do a rally version of the TC3.The steering rack cannot be effectively sealed (I tried everything)and the rack locks up and you will crash and break parts contantly. It happens to me just running My TC3 on uprepared asphalt. Im not crazy about the rack steering, although a great design concept. I am working on a bellcrank conversion as we speak.
And that's another topic I have.