PDA

View Full Version : Need help on GT throtle linkage

JP
07-11-2000, 01:46 PM
I dont know if I should post this here or somewhere else but here goes . I ' m putting together my Factory Team GT and im stuck on the throttle part . I have it all put together , but the plastic arm on the carb bends when I accelerate and also at full throttle but when I have it at idle it is perfect and barely doesn ' t bend in the opposite direction . This step is the only thing that is keeping me from running my truck : mad :, and I can ' t solve it . Any help would be greatly appreciated

------------------
"If it aint broke, 'fix' it till it is"

Normal People Worry Me 8(

GregV
07-11-2000, 02:13 PM
Double check to see if you put the ball cup and stud on the right side . The ball stud should also be in the top hole on the plastic carb arm . If that ' s not the problem then maybe you have to much throw set in the radio . Use the End Point Adjustment ( EPA ) on the radio to reduce the throw .

JP
07-11-2000, 02:41 PM
It is on the right side and on the top hole in the plastic arm . Even though the instructions said bottom hole there was no clearance for the brake linkage . Everything is aligned from the carb to the servo lingage - no bends . I ' m wondering if there is too much play inside the ballcup and thats what is making it bend , also if that is the problem , how can I fix this ? Thanks

------------------
"If it aint broke, 'fix' it till it is"

Normal People Worry Me 8(