PDA

View Full Version : Rustler

Racer A
07-12-2000, 10:37 AM
Is the Traxxas Rustle a good stadium truck for perfomance and hop - ups and stuff ? And do all the rustlers come with a slipper clutch or is that only on RTR ' s ? http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

JP
07-13-2000, 12:56 AM
Rustlers are a great all around truck . Every time I raced it I came in the top 3 ( except when i cased a triple , fliped and it got locked into full speed , jumped over the off - road track wall and went flying into the pits where it hit a brick wall , it was kinda funny though .) I beat many people including T3 ' s and XXT CR Graphite Plus and the only person who had a XXXT . But be sure the first upgrade is ball bearings then an ESC then a motor , believe me you ' ll like that order . As for playing around - you ' ll love it .

------------------
"If it aint broke, 'fix' it till it is"

Normal People Worry Me 8(

Racer A
07-14-2000, 08:35 PM
sounds like a great truck ! http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

mavrick0611
07-15-2000, 08:50 AM
i own a traxxas nitro rustler and losi xx ' cr ' buggy . the electric rustler is a great basher . but i dont think it is a great race truck rtr . it does include a slipper . rcca had a article about hopped up rustler in a back issue i dont have it but you can ask steve or someone to look for that issue ( if i look through mine i can find the month and year ) and you can order that issue and find out what to get to make it a race machine . but i think you would be better off with a losi xxxt for racing .
aj

------------------
Hey if you can't run with the big doggs STAY ON THE PORCH!!!

What Did you say you think R/C is stupid wait till you arent looking and let me bash you in the leg with my nitro rustler!!!!

R_C_MAN
07-15-2000, 03:33 PM
I have a electric Rustler and it is a good truck . Get the RTR . The TQ Radio is a good radio with good range . Here is a list of hop - ups you might wanna get :

Ball Bearings ( cut down friction )

Electronic speed control ( Tekin Rebel is good )

New Tires ( Proline has good ones )

RPM Bearing carriers ( Stock Rustler bearings are too small and may bust a lot especially in the rear . RPM Bearing carriers let you use 5x11 bearings in the wheels .)

Traxxas Big bore shocks ( made of aluminum & have a bigger bore for more oil )

Motor ( you probably get sick of that Stinger 20 turn and want more speed .)

RPM ballcups ( for turnbuckles )

Lungsford Titanium turnbucles ( strong )

MIP CVDs ( To replace the telescoping universals )

Machined Tranny gears ( these are made by Traxxas and mesh better than stock gears )

These will help you get started and you dont have to get them all at once !!!