PDA

View Full Version : RC10T3 , RC10B3 , or HPI MT

Dirt_Hawg
07-12-2000, 11:31 AM
Can someone tell me which one of the following cars / trucks do you recommend ?
RC10T3 , RC10B3 , or HPI MT

Can you also give me an explanation on why you recommend the car / truck .

Thanks

Dirt_Hawg
07-12-2000, 01:19 PM
I am looking mostly for jumping and backyard bashing . I don ' t really have time to go race . What would you do in this situation ? I don ' t care the cost , I just want something that is fun and is durable .

andy51289
07-12-2000, 01:33 PM
well ...., t3 ' s and b3 ' s dont jump . there out of the question . now youv ' e got the MT . lets get 2 more canidates . umm the Stampede and ... the MRC ironman . now lets take out the least best jumper ( in my opinion ) and that the Ironman . now we have 2 canidates left . if you want to build a REAL jump monster , and get awesome air , go with the stampede . the stampede is the jumpmonster . BUT if you want to stay cool and hop up you truck with beefy suspention and cool blue anodized stuff , go with the MT . In my opinion , ( im sure people will dissagree ) go with the RS4 MT . Check out the August issue of RCCA , and you will see a fully decked out MT . the thing looks SWEET !!

andy

Dirt_Hawg
07-12-2000, 01:40 PM
Do you own an MT ? If so , what are your experiences with it ? And all the blue anodized parts you talk about , who are they made by ?

DeSmet Spartan
07-12-2000, 01:46 PM
I have an MT and think it is a great truck . The only modifications needed to make it even better are ball bearings and a set of shiny cvd . I have been praticing mine on a local off - road track and haven ' t broke anything . I recommend getting a strong steering servo because of the big front wheels .

Good Luck

------------------
St. Louis RAMS
Super Bowl Champions

Dirt_Hawg
07-12-2000, 02:23 PM
Is that the only two mods you suggest ? How about the Chassis brace , hinge pins , etc ..

andy51289
07-12-2000, 05:46 PM
i dont have an MT , but i read about them everywhere . i ' ll type all of the mods that RCCA made to theirs ...

HPI :
RS4 MT universals
Graphite chassis brace
super shocks
graphite rear shock tower
heat sink motor plate

RPM :
heavy - duty ball cups

FACTORY TEAM :
Titanium turnbuckles

TEAM LOSI :
Step Pin tires , red compound

TOP :
Aluminum ( blue anodized ) hubs , hub carriers , and rear bulkheads

PRO - LINE :
agitator rims

TAKE - OFF :
Blue - anodized cap washers

GS RACING :
Blue Anodized concave washers and nuts

thats what they put on their truck . im sure there are more things to hop - up if you wanted to

andy

B3_Racer
07-12-2000, 07:05 PM
What do you mean that B3 ' s and T3 ' s don ' t jump ? They can jump as good as any Ironman and Stempede . As a matter of fact i do believe that a B3 or T3 will out jump a Ironman or Stempede . That ' s just me but it ' s true .

B3_Racer
07-13-2000, 12:23 AM
Depends what you depend to do . All 3 are good backyard bashers i guess . But if you plan to race i would go with the B3 or the T3 . depends on the class and how many people are in them . If you track only has 2WD or Truck . I would go with that . But if you plan to race it also depends how bad you want to get beat . No offence but no one wins there first race . If you want to atleast look good go with the class with less people . Or if you are feeling risky are with the class with more . Just my opinion .

Dirt_Hawg
07-13-2000, 07:41 AM
So my question than comes back full circle ? Which is the more durable vehicle , the B3 , T3 , or the MT ?

andy51289
07-13-2000, 10:09 AM
umm B3_racer , i think what the guy means is he wants to jump high and far . the B3 and the T3 are competition trucks and buggies . i ' m sure you could get away with jumping them , but you ' ll find yourself buying a new shock tower every week . the Ironman and the RS4 MT can easily jump , and will soak up the impact when it lands . you would have to raise the B3 and T3 ' s suspension reall high to get enough ground clearance ....

andy

DeSmet Spartan
07-13-2000, 10:52 AM
That was just to start off . I would also get the chassis brace and the heat - sink motor plate . Most of the aluminum stuff is not really necesary . I have also added aluminum shock with all the optional springs , the hingepin set , and some lundsford turnbuckles . The MT is also easy to control in the air because of the 4WD . If you get one , be sure to cut out a couple of the panals on the inner body and replace them with screen to improve cooling .

Good Luck

------------------
St. Louis RAMS
Super Bowl Champions

Dirt_Hawg
07-13-2000, 11:11 AM
Does anybody know the part numbers to the screws , nuts , and concave washers used on the MT in the RCCA magazine . Addition high jumpers .