PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya cars , please i need help

magicmalik
07-12-2000, 11:00 PM
Hi , i am thinking of buying a Tamiya car . I have a question . Ar they easy to make ? Or are they hard ? And approximatly how long does it take ? With the stock motor they come with , what is the approximate speed ? And also , i am looking for a rally car , so what is a good tamiya rally electric car ? Or if you can just say another , what company makes a good electric rally car that is priced for less than or up to $ 155 ? thanks ....

red20
07-12-2000, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ] Originally posted by magicmalik :
[ B ] Hi , i am thinking of buying a Tamiya car . I have a question . Ar they easy to make ? [ Yes , Oh Yessss !!! There are the most easiest to make . you can ask Radio Control Car Action if u don ' t believe me . The instructions in the manual are very detail with some tips and recommended hop - up option included .] And approximatly how long does it take ? [ i can tell u this , if u non - stop , 4 hrs top !] And also , i am looking for a rally car , so what is a good tamiya rally electric car ? [ Funny u should ask , of coz the TB01 reviewed in the August 2000 issue of Radio Control Car Action mags , either the Mitsubishi Evo VI or the 1999 German Rally Champion , the Subaru Imprezza body ] that is priced for less than or up to $ 155 ? thanks ....[ Well , the street price mentioned in the mag is $ 185 for the TB01 . http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/wink.gif[/ B ][/ QUOTE ]

pa_racer
07-13-2000, 01:01 AM
gettin into tamiya huh ? great choice ! ok first off tamiya ' s are not only easy to build , but fun ! iv ' e bought some kits just of the thought of building them . if its ur first kit , probably 5 hr . s or so , depending on who u are . is it ur first kit ? every time i build one i end up staying up all night because i can ' t put the thing down ! all of their kits are nice , the tb01 is the one u want for rally . and later u could easily convert it to touring if u want . hmmm , approximate speed ? well my tl01 is rated average speed at 9 mph at our local track . that is the AVERAGE though . it might sound slow , but the professional racer ' s cars in the 4wd classes ' goes an average of 12 - 13 mph . the tb01 would probably be alot faster than the tl01 though . so go with the tamiya !

------------------
:!**sH!8**!:
[__]---[| || |]---<{[[[]-

rcracer28
07-13-2000, 01:51 AM
they are very siple to make they take alot less time then the more complex - losi ' s or associateds i think the tbo1 would be the best choice for rally but there is also the stadium raider based on the tlo1 . the 540 stock motor it comes with is not very fast so i suggest you toss the msc get an esc and a modified motor !

------------------
ask me anything

DeSmet Spartan
07-13-2000, 11:08 AM
The TB01 costs $ 185 ? You can get a HPI rally for $ 150 comlete with ball bearings . The HPI is a better rally car . It is more stable because it is wider ( 200mm verses 190mm ), lighter because of the fiber glass chassis verses molded plastic , and more off - road oriented because of the skid plate front bumper . I have 2 tamiya car and like them a lot . Put they are not on par with the HPI cars in performance and hop - up potential . Tamiya part are expensive . Check out the rally forum is the HPI Forum at www . hpiracing . com for answers to most of your questions about the car , such as what is needed to get it running , how to build it , and what you can put on it to make it even better .

Good Luck

------------------
St. Louis RAMS
Super Bowl Champions

Racer A
07-14-2000, 08:38 PM
The TBo1 only costs 149 . 00 ant tower hobbies and 134 . 00 ant Hobby shack .

target19851
08-14-2000, 10:25 AM
tamiyas are really easy to put together I have two the first one took 5 hours and the second one took 2 and a half there alot of fun to and really fast even in stock

Killer_TL01
08-24-2000, 08:37 PM
What you guys talking about a TL01 being slow. Mine(all suped and hoped-up)I'm guessing can run 35-40 mph. You ask what are you running. Well for a motor a Peak Spitfire. ESC a Power Pulse and a JR python for control. Some low end elecs but that motor wasnt cheap. $40 for that sucker and its killer. My TL01 was my first car and it took about 3 hours to do but I guess $700 later its running and running fast.

Killer_TL01

crazy1
08-24-2000, 09:34 PM
Wacth out for parts availibilty on Tamiya cars. A few years ago I started out with a TA02 touring car. Certian parts like the motor mount you either buy a hole parts bag/tree or buy a very expensive hop up part for a replacement. You just dont go in to the hobby shop and buy the stock part you need like you do for Losi or Associated. It went togeather real easy. But if you are leary of putting a kit togeather for the first time visit your local small hobby store and tell them that you might need a little bit of help with the kit if you buy it from them. If they say they will help you with problems building (not building the wole kit for you just small bits of time and advice) and advice setting up free of charge this might be a better deal than buying off the web. The stock motor did not run as fast as a after market motor but gave longer run times. Good luck with what ever you buy. Catch you in the parkinglot.

Bones
08-26-2000, 09:11 AM
crazy1 I look for info to help me out.
my local hobbie shop prices are out of this world (tc3 = $350 can.) so im not goin there.
so I have to deal with tower hobbies or some other mail order company to get my parts.
and hope that Tamiya keep making parts for there older cars

crazy1
08-28-2000, 12:54 AM
OUCH. Thats got to crimp your style.

Throtl Hapie
06-29-2001, 09:29 AM
Tamiya parts may be hard to find, but rarely do you really need to get replacements. They are tanks.

HumbleEagle487
06-29-2001, 11:21 AM
Heck yeah they're tank, I have a tamiya mini cooper and I can't tell you how many times I've flipped/rolled/wrecked that car and nothing is broken, just a crimped body.

TC3Racer
06-29-2001, 03:17 PM
well if u go to www.towerhobbies.com (http://www.towerhobbies.com) u can see the RTR versions of the non-hop-upable beginner rally cars. they have a peugot body, a focus body, or a subaru impreza body. for 110. u get everything. 1400mah battery... 5 hour wall charger... and controller... all pre-built for you.

creech
06-30-2001, 05:25 PM
Bones,

Go to www.greathobbies.com. (http://www.greathobbies.com.) They are located in P.E.I and have the best prices of any mail order hobby shop in Canada. They usually even beat Tower's prices. If they have a higher price, don't be affraid to ask them to match Tower (in Canadian funds of course), 'cause they will.

Jay
Pajero XB