PDA

View Full Version : Car jumps

aclark20
07-15-2000, 07:34 PM
Hey
What is the best way to make a jump , either on dirt or on concrete ? ive messed around with various heights and angles but cant seem to figure out which one is best for soft landings and such . thanks

Stampedeguy
07-15-2000, 09:30 PM
The best is dirt since it can absorb a little of the impact , but to make the car land smoothly you need to play with the throttle while it ' s in the air to make the front point up or down . If you don ' t have a slipper cluch I would ' nt recomend jumping on concrete as if you hold the throttle down the entire time your in the tires will spin extremely fast and when it touches the ground they will slow down suddenly and this can strip spur gears . But if you made the same jump on dirt the tires would ' nt slow down so suddenly since there is ' nt as much traction and the spur probobly would ' nt strip

BobHastings
07-18-2000, 12:00 AM
Duratrax makes a corrugated plastic jump that is completely portable- 24x48in. I believe it costs around 12 bucks. It's called the Quick Ramp-
Easier than shoveling dirt!

Conman
07-18-2000, 01:50 PM
Sweet! I gotta get me one of those for my truck.

T-MAXX and beyond
07-29-2000, 08:48 PM
i prefer dirt so if you wanna make one in dirt make a big hill jump and if it doesnt meat your standards steppin it or make it higher. also get your regular speed up and see where you land then make a small landing ramp to cushion the landing

------------------
My other car is my t-maxx

dockman
07-30-2000, 12:39 AM
No matter what you make it out of keep the angle at about 30deg or less. This will give a nice smooth jump and landing.