PDA

View Full Version : Chargers

mshipley
07-16-2000, 03:21 PM
Hey all , I need to buy a new charger and was thinking of the following models :

Novak Millenium
Astro flight 110 Dc digital peak charger
Team orion charger ac / dc with disccharge built in , can ' t remember model #

Let me know what you all think about these

R_C_MAN
07-16-2000, 05:17 PM
Have you checked out the Pro Max Activator for $ 100 . It has a digital screen , charges 1 - 8 cells , voltmeter , timemeter , adj . charge rate , adapters for batteries without a plug , AC / DC , peak charger , and more . Everything but a built in discharger . Check it out in the Hobbypeople section in R / C Car Action .

mshipley
07-16-2000, 05:29 PM
thanks man , any idea how the others perform ? thanks alot

R_C_MAN
07-16-2000, 05:34 PM
I think the Novak and the Astroflight are DC only which means you cant plug them in a household outlet and have to use a DC source like a car battery . I have no idea bout the Team Orion charger . You are better of with the Pro Max Activator . The Pro Max Activator was tested in R / C Car Action and it even peak charged the new 3000 NiMH cells . Check it out in I think the April 2000 issue I think . It is a good charger .

mshipley
07-16-2000, 06:28 PM
thanks ,

FLYBOY7
07-17-2000, 01:33 PM
i was thinking about getting the novak myself, but just how cheap can i buy a 12v power supply so i can run the thing indoors?? i do NOT want to blow more on the power supply than the charger itself. thanks guys http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

~~FLYBOY7~~
RC10-B2
Losi Junior T

"you can never have enough fun, friends, or Horsepower!"

R_C_MAN
07-17-2000, 01:39 PM
You are better off with the Pro Max Flyboy. Probably the cheapest I've seen power supplies was a little over a $100. Novak even makes one. You are wasting your money in a way. For the price of the power supply you could have a full function charger. Check out the April 2000 issue of RCCA cuz they tested the Pro Max Activator. The Activator has many features. Just bout everything you could want in a discharger except a built-in discharger.

FLYBOY7
07-17-2000, 02:41 PM
well bro it sounds like a cool charger and all.... but my local dealer doesnt sell it.... so i am looking at other brands like the novak..... thanks for the advice though bro... http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

~~FLYBOY7~~
RC10-B2
Losi Junior T

"you can never have enough fun, friends, or Horsepower!"