PDA

View Full Version : Which Rally Car

Conman
07-17-2000, 11:35 PM
I'm interested in buying a rally car, possibly from HPI. What do you think. I like them because you can take them off road and on road. http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/cool.gif

Xappy9
07-18-2000, 03:50 PM
the HPI is nice because it has nice features like ball bearings and an inner body, but the TB-01 from tamiya looks tight and its a little cheaper.

R_C_MAN
07-18-2000, 04:31 PM
I would get the HPI. HPI seems to support their cars more with more hop ups. Or it could be the fact that I dont really like Tamiya. Tamiya chassis's dont look tough and the arms are "solid" and plastic looking. I dont like them. I would get the HPI. The HPI also offers a 2-speed.

ChrisJ
07-18-2000, 04:49 PM
I would get the Losi Rally Weapon. It already has aftermarket parts because of the XX4 and the Streat Weapon.

------------------
" If it aint broke , I havn ' t driven it ."

StephenB
07-18-2000, 05:21 PM
Thunder Tiger makes a rally car based on the 1/8th scale EB4 platform. It's called "Rally Game" and it's only sold in Europe right now.

I was told, however, that if the public showed enough interest in it, Ace Hobby Distributing would consider importing it. If you're interested, you should email Ace Hobby and let them know! That's what they're waiting to hear to bring it over.

mshipley
07-18-2000, 06:34 PM
conman,

check out the another post on the board called

RS4 Rally or TB01

it has the same arguement and to answer no the hpi is not more expensive than the taimiya, I already have shown where the hpi is actually cheaper... and has all the mods, so check out the post

Conman
07-18-2000, 07:36 PM
I'll probably go with the HPI RS4 Rally for those reasons. I didn't know that there is a two speed for it.

[This message has been edited by Conman (edited 07-19-2000).]

mshipley
07-19-2000, 07:50 AM
You learn something new everyday Conman, that motto has never let me down I don't think, anyway, good luck and let us know how it comes out, later mike

grey mako
07-22-2000, 04:30 PM
You could also buy a TC3 and convert it to a rally car if you wanted to .

EthanB
07-27-2000, 02:43 PM
Lost Rally Weapon. Great car. Right out of the box it is the best car out there. Not many hop-ups now but lots soon to come. I'll be getting one when i get home from my 2 week journey.

Slipknot
07-27-2000, 03:30 PM
TB-01! you get a motor (to bad its stock but great for beginners) sweet body (tamiy amakes the best bodies out there) lots of parts!, all tamiyas are like legos you can customize it easly, Graphite chassis is avalible, a new TRF (basically a pro version with all the extras) TB01 is on the way ! These things are indestructable! Plus you get a interior! millions of stuff! TB01 is the greatest!

Pherret
07-28-2000, 12:48 AM
yeah the TC3 looks good, but would it be more trouble than its worth trying to convert it when you have already converted cars that are just as good?
(im getting my RS4 Rally in a few days)

very low budget racer
07-28-2000, 09:07 PM
no no no go with the yokomo mr4 rally, notice how its sibling mr4 tc keeps winning races? i have one and it is a kick *** car, the drive train is fully enclosed and nothing can get in unless you dont put it together fully. the tires get good grip and is super fast only 2.2:1 ratio

sifan83
07-30-2000, 06:24 PM
hey vlb racer... how is the yokomo rally compered to the hpi??? they sem to be both very good cars, but the hpi seems to have more aftermarket readily available(b/c of the rs4 series). what does anyone think of the ofna rally? it too seems to be a decent car

dockman
07-30-2000, 10:45 PM
Since the Losi is the only one with a sealed drive train I would suggest that. It will save a ton of maintanance. Keeping the others in good working order will be a pain. Belts and pulleys really dont like all that dirt. With my xx4 I just hold it upside down, shake out the dirt, slap in another batt and run again.

very low budget racer
07-31-2000, 10:49 AM
the yokomo has a fully enclosed drive train, the bigest diffference between the two is hpihas bearings but i still think the yokomo is better, if you get one be carefull when assembleing it the screws can strip easily i dont know if yokomo fixed this or not, also my mr4 rally is very strong i never had to replace anything after hi speed crashes, if you can find a wide range of parts support for one of the two get that one.

locjaguar
07-31-2000, 02:06 PM
Go with the losi. Losi is on top of the R/C world and has had the best and most versitile chassis for 4 wheel drive ever made. and there are plenty of hop ups

dockman
08-01-2000, 12:32 AM
Actually the Yoke is just shielded, not enclosed. It helps some but the totally enclosed tranny of the Losi is much better.

tech9racing
08-02-2000, 10:14 AM
Anyone here heard of the Sintech 1/8 4WD Impreza WRC??? Basically built on the Tempo chassis, it's a 1/8th, 4WD, Gas rally car, with some excellent features such as two speed tranny, tuned pipe, full bearings (down to wheel hub carriers), alloy shocks, pull start Force .21 engine, all standard AND fully assembled right out of the box!!! These cars have been recieving rave reviews here in Australia and Europe for performance, durability and reliability. All this for $730 Australian, which translates roughly to $400 American. I think. There may, however, be troubles with after sales support if this is not available widely in the states, but for individuality, features, performance and price, you'll be an absolute standout.

steveCnyc
08-03-2000, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by grey mako:
You could also buy a TC3 and convert it to a rally car if you wanted to .

I have the TC3,Its hard enough to drive as an Onroad tc. I am dissappointed with it especially since I like AE so much,But the main issue with making it Rally is that the rack steering will always jam with dirt and you will break parts hitting walls when you lose your steering. unprepared asphalt dirt, etc. jamms the rack ,imagine doing rally withe the TC3. and forget about sealing the rack .It just cant be done effectively, I tried all sorts of ways.

sk8er_guy03
08-13-2000, 04:19 AM
Well, I just bought a Rally Weapon, I got it because I wouldnt need an inner body cover that causes HEAT, since the belts are sealed. And another reason is because it has a HUGE selection of after market parts. I'll let you know how it runs when it gets here.

------------------
Check out my NEW PAGE at:
http://www.angelfire.com/ca6/rccars

Conman
08-24-2000, 11:12 AM
Wholey Crap I never thought I'd get this kind of response.

FactoryTeam Guy wannabe
08-26-2000, 02:31 PM
I would say go yokomo rally or convert a TC3 to rally in one of the rccar actions they talk about a race that Tony Phalon used a TC3 rally and did really well and it wasn't a big hassle to convert it.

FactoryTeam Guy wannabe
08-26-2000, 02:32 PM
I would say go yokomo rally or convert a TC3 to rally in one of the rccar actions they talk about a race that Tony Phalon used a TC3 rally and did really well and it wasn't a big hassle to convert it.

Conman
08-28-2000, 10:59 AM
But how would you convert it?

------------------
If it's broken don't look at me.

R/C isn't a hobby,
or a way of life
IT'S AN OBSESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!