PDA

View Full Version : Ok You Multiplex owners, SPEAK!!!!

Interceptor
06-08-2001, 09:39 AM
I just ordered a 403 and I am wanting to hear from the owners. What do you like and dislike about it? How easy is it to use? Anything you think I might want to know bout it. Thanks

Distro
06-08-2001, 01:06 PM
I saw one of those last weekend its alittle wider then i thought it was and shorter then i thought it was. The trigger area which has has been disputed on looks fine to me.

Jwelch
06-09-2001, 12:18 AM
Nairb has one and he totally LOVES it!

XXXER
06-09-2001, 11:25 PM
Well, i am not an owner.....yet, But yes, Nairb does have one and swears by it, he has not had the chance to post, because he has been racing like crazy, wed: Club Race Thurs: get ready for Twin Falls race Fri:Leave to Twin Falls Today: RACE!

I often get to drive his truck, which i love, because this guys loves his truck, and puts only the highest quality things on it, and his remote is excellent, The wheel feels comfortable, as well as the whole remote, it is balanced well, and lightweight.

I love it.

The_Ne-Go-She-Ate-r
06-09-2001, 11:38 PM
Radio* ;)

I dont own one, but i seen one on the tv show blind date.
lol

Artur
06-10-2001, 01:10 AM
I've got the 403 and I use it with JR Racing reveivers.. I think its the easiest radio to use and It has all the futures you will need.

I love it too. :D ;) :p :)

Ras Thavas
06-10-2001, 08:24 AM
The very first thing you need to do is go towards the back of the instruction book and find the section that tells you how to switch the text on the display from German to English (unless you speak German!). I've had it for a few weeks now, and am very pleased with it. I am still not exactly sure what all the functions are. It is very nice that I can use this for my touring car which has a Novak XXL FM receiver, and with my MT which has a Futaba AM.

Nairb
06-12-2001, 02:12 PM
Yes, as these guys have said, I LOVE my Multiplex Profi 403. It ROCKS! It can do pretty much anything I want. It's super comfortable and lightweight, not to mention easy to use.

Here's one tip I figured out. The battery life seems pretty short, but I figured out how to vastly improve it. I think I've about doubled it! The radio will turn non-functional at around 6.5-6.7 volts, and the screen will show "Akku Low" or something. The trick is to let the battery drain much further than this before you charge it. I accidentally let it go until the screen was totally blank one day, and when I chaged it up, it lasted forever! Now I do that every time and I get tons more runtime out of my radio. Try it and tell me if it works for you too.

XXXER
06-12-2001, 04:34 PM
We use the adapter on his remote, and rig it up to his Rhino, and we peak charge it @1A also, just in case you were wondering...

Ras Thavas
06-13-2001, 09:08 AM
I'm using my intellipeak to discharge/charge mine. I am peak charging it at .5 amps. I get a whole day of racing (4 heats and 2 mains)and practice (2 or 3 runs) out of it, which is good for me.

FilthyPierre
06-13-2001, 06:20 PM
I too am thinking about buying a Profi 403 - one question I have is can it be used with any crystals ? How is it that you can use your old AM receivers ? Do you have to buy Multiplex crystals or can you use your old ones (I know the 403 can switch between AM and FM).
I currently have a Futaba AM radio and a JR XR3 FM - as long as the band is correct, can I use my existing crystals ?

Ras Thavas
06-14-2001, 10:27 AM
You need Multiplex crystals for the trransmitter. The receiver uses crystals made for them by the receiver manufacturer.

Interceptor
06-20-2001, 01:58 PM
Ok, now that I got my radio I would dearly love to use it some time. It seems the LHS does think that Hitec is good enough to stock anything for, and I had to special order reciever crystals. Since the Multiplex has that slide out module, does anyone know if they will come out with something like a Spectra unit? Would be kinda nice if they did. So far, the only thing I have been able to do was to put my name and my cars name in it. I WANNA USE IT DANG IT!!!