PDA

View Full Version : Best bang for the buck Stadium Truck RTR?

Twopu
03-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Now that I got my rc club approved (5 Rustlers) I would like to get something for myself. I don't want to go crazy just something slightly different (more on race specs.) than the Rustler. What's the best bang for the buck Stadium Truck RTR? I REALLY don't want to go past $200. I'll probably change the motor for that little extra edge later but out of the box what's gonna do it for me.

tadium54
03-23-2006, 09:32 PM
xxx-t rtr or the t4 rtr. id personally go with the t4

Twopu
03-24-2006, 04:44 PM
How does the Raven compare to the T4 or XXX-T for bang for the buck?

tadium54
03-24-2006, 09:14 PM
who makes the raven? i dont think ive ever heard of it

Vato Loco
03-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Rustler with ESC+MG Servo+RPM Bearing carriers+ 8-5x11 Bearings+19t reedy quad mag motor with a 20/87 gearing+ Alum. idler gear= a rustler your class will envie but not discourage them to much. you need to have what they have but one notch up to incourage them to better there rigs! If you get something way out of range of what they drive it will discourage them from racing you. They will think why bother racing you if you have to much advantage! if you do get a flat out race rig don't use it against them! won't be fair and level field! Try to use what they do.
When me and my son run across someone with a lesser rig we won't race them! we want to encourage not discourage! whole point to promote a hobby. as i said before don't under estimate a properly moded out rusty! Under dogs have a way of slipping their way under radar and bitting you in the butt! your class may prove that......JMO CHRIS;-)

GramdeGixxer
03-25-2006, 01:24 AM
I would go with the T4 RTR. It is a solid truck.

Rtsbasic
03-25-2006, 05:34 AM
You could take a look at the Evader Pro rtr. Its got some good features and its a very good price.

Twopu
03-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Tadium54- The Raven is made by Sportwerks. The few reviews on the boards have been pretty positive. http://www.sportwerksrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SWK1500

Vato, I totally understand your point and never want to discourage any one of my students. Please don't get me wrong I'm not trying to blow these kids away with a modified truck. We personally selected these kids for this club for their hard work, determination, and overall well rounded attituded/behavior. Each has a very positive competitive edge. We try to set the benchmark high in class to make them work for something. I don't think an out of the box T4, XXX-T, or Raven is going to blow away a Rustler (beat it yes, blow it away no). The modded Rustler you suggested would actually bet the T4. The truck I get will come out of my own pocket so I want something that I don't need to accessories for a while (my wife's rules). The students trucks will be funded by the school, so modifications will be available. Also, there are a few students that have been racing for a while, so I don't want to be beat up to bad. If this goes well we may acutally set-up a permanent track for anyone to race.

Thanks for the input guys!!!

xaM
03-27-2006, 01:43 PM
I hate to say it but XTM's X-Cellerator is a pretty good bang for the buck. its about 150 bucks and comes with a decent motor and speedcontrol. but if it was me i would save and go to the T4 RTR.

-xaM