PDA

View Full Version : Track help

rs43
03-30-2006, 01:02 PM
hi everyone.
i am looking to make a track..however there are some things i do...
--> i can make ramps and stuff like that its how to make the outline of the track..any ideas? im not allowed to dig up the ground as its my dads field and we keep ponies and goats... what should i use? nothing too big.. could i use tape and pegs?. like...put the pegs in the ground and use barrier tape to make the outline visible?

sportmaxx91
03-30-2006, 06:38 PM
You mean like a barrier thingy. I see most tracks have that pipe that comes off gutters. Not sure what its called. Its plastic and is used in drainage, its black and has those little bumpy thing on it. LMS if i can find a picture

GramdeGixxer
03-30-2006, 10:25 PM
courregated. Is this area going to be ponie and goat poop free? That would be my concern.

rs43
04-01-2006, 05:19 AM
well...we use electric fence to make 'pens' so i can find a place which will. thats no problem...
using the pipe would be a problem for me as its not going to be a fixed track.

sportmaxx91
04-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Oh ok. Well then your idea with pegs and tape would probably work. Jst be sure to get very brightly colored tape so it will be easy to. see. Get some pics once u have it set up.

OldSkoolRCRacer
04-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Try some Marking Paint, the spray cans spray upsidedown, and come in bright flouresent colors. You can get the paint at a Home Center like Lowes or Home Depot. It is typically used by contractors to mark the ground for grading, for digging foundations and footings, or to mark where trenches are to be dug. It is not too permanent, but will stay down enough to be used to outline a track. Also, used tires work OK for corners.
If not, get some Surveyors tape, in the bright colors, and use 16 penny nails to stake the tape down.

rs43
04-02-2006, 04:33 AM
wouldn't that marking paint poision the ponies? i have got some of that marking paint in the garage actually. my dad was going to throw it away but i saved it :D .

OldSkoolRCRacer
04-02-2006, 07:10 PM
I suppose if you painted a lot of the grass that the animals eat, it could be a problem, but then again, if the grass is that tall you dont need to be running the RC cars in it, right?

InspGadgt
04-03-2006, 06:07 PM
How about sandbags? I used those for a makeshift track once and they worked out quite well.

rs43
04-04-2006, 05:41 AM
that would need maybe a trailer to move them every time. i could but it would be easier and more convenient to store with soemthing more portabel... something that i could fit in the dumper bucket.