PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the R/C Car world these days

AFSilverstar
04-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Well every-so-often I get this random spark to get back into R/C as I find myself strung between not wanting to do homework and procrastinating all the must do's in life.

I used to have a RC10 T-3. Man that thing was a POS. Fell apart every time I used it, guarenteed. I got a Kyosho Inferno 7.5 later on and that was fun but I barely used it. Took it to a track once. Eventually I sold that.

Just as I was getting out of R/C the brushless system was about to come out for electric. How is that?

At any rate. I'm contemplating getting back into R/C. Definitely set on a buggy. Electric or nitro I'm not sure. I'm thinking nitro for the torque/power. What are some nice low maitenance nitro cars? I want something that is nice with good quality but don't need it to win the tour de R/C cars. Are there any good relatively cheap starter kits that have everything I need that isn't tyco quality? Should I try to find someones set up on ebay? What are you R/C buggy enthusiast using and what do you think of it? How is the RC10 B4?

I found this track in my area (30 mins away)

http://www.hotboxrc.com/homepage.html

There is also a indoor track called www.socalrc.com but I remember it sucking. Any enthusiast in Orange County, CA?

Thanks!

RCRevolution
04-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Hmm r/c these days

lets see

there are 1/4 scale r/cs already, theres a 1/7th scale RTR for $749

Touring cars are rockets now its not only the 1/8th on-roads that are fast.

The centax clutches in touring cars allow blistering acell, and the new low Center of gravity and graphite cars allow for 70mph speeds with in seconds.

Monster Trucks are faster, better, and more durable.

2-stroke engines are up to .32 (or higher probaly) for Monster trucks.

Theres Spektrum, no more AM or FM radios now its up to 2.4Ghz frequencies, no glitching whats so ever, and 3000 foot ranges.

Servos are up to 350oz @.15sec which is crazy.

Well what else do you want to know? :cool:

rcguy2477
04-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Brushless has become much more popular, and is now legal in mod racing(although the rules limit it to the Associated and Novak setups). It still hasn't nearly taken over, but it is likely to within the next few years(for at least the mod sector of racing).

I would recommend searching this forum, as well as rctech.net and hobbytalk.com for a 1/8 setup. You are more likely to recieve a better deal from people on these forums, and you can have more trust that you are recieving a race-worthy setup.