PDA

View Full Version : don't know what to do?

cedntipede3001
05-14-2006, 02:55 PM
i have a traxxas rustler but all i ever do is drive it up and down my road or around my yard there arn't any tracks near by either
does anybody know something i could build or do with it thats differnt so i don't have to be bored with the same old things
thanks centipede3001

MaxxThrasher
05-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Build your own track.
Build a ramp and jump it, try some tricks.
Try climbing things with it, you might find you like rock climbing and want to add another truck to your collection.
Tie a string to the back of it and drag a toy mouse around and let your cat chase it.
Mount a camera to it and make your own videos.
Cover it with fur and tell your neighbors there's a giant rabid rat on the loose.
Put some Proline or Panther Paddles on and fill them with "Great Stuff" expanding foam, then drive it across any nearby pond.
Set up an obstacal coarse and maneuver through it.
Set out some cones and practice slalom.
Throw some sand out on the street and do some power slides.
Tie a string of tin cans to the back of and and annoy your neighbors.
Mount some PVC on the wheels and try drifting.
Mount a cardboard target to the top of it and use it as a moving target for your paintball gun.
Buy new bodies for it and practice painting.

tog435
05-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Get some small cones or those little flags that construction crews use to mark gas/power lines, some plywood and hinges and thin cable and some mounting hardware for em, copy the idea behind the Duratrax Kwik Ramps ( http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUB32&P=7 ), and you're in business. Throw up a track on short notice in a field or parking lot, go to town. Maybe you'll even get some people around you interested in RC, and you'll have someone to race against.

Experiment :P Garbagepick for all-weather carpet (Or buy some new for that matter) for different surfaces, build a basic framework for a banked corner, let your imagination out! And if you keep it all foldable, you can just hang it on the garage wall when you're not using it.

NotWalkinBlind
05-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Is there a hobby shop in town? If so, ask the owner if you could put up a sheet with your phone number on it so people could call you and you could get together with them. Some of them may have a track in their yard or on some property they own.

If the owner won't let you do that, just go hang out in the hobby shop on a Saturday and talk to people who come in and go to the R/C section of the store.

Or some Saturday, set up a chair and a card table with your Rustler on it outside the hobby shop with a sign on the table that says...

I'M LONELY
AND BORED.
WANT TO
RACE WITH ME?

:D :D :D :D

cedntipede3001
05-16-2006, 09:06 PM
thank you very much everyone ill have to try this stuff lol
centipede3001

cedntipede3001
05-16-2006, 09:24 PM
what do u mean about mounting pvc to the tires

tog435
05-16-2006, 09:54 PM
2" PVC in place of rubber tires. Makes your wheels slip n slide, aka Drifting :D Can be fun but gets old in my personal experience :p Then again, I'm not much of an onroad guy to start with!

cedntipede3001
05-19-2006, 07:45 PM
ok lol thanks everyone