PDA

View Full Version : need advice

GearheadXNT2
06-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Help! my Losi XXXNT2's engine just ran for the last time. Im upgrading but i cant decide between 2 good engines:the O.S. .12 tz with a rotary carb or the the O.S. .12 CVR. Ive been running electric for 6 yrs and im not 2 sure. Whats the difference between them? i know that both engines are good but which is better for racing? Please help! this is the first nitro engine i've had to buy :confused

Killerush
06-14-2006, 08:13 PM
They are both GREAT engines. Both me and a buddy run the .12 CV-r in our stadium trucks(he has a XXXNT AD2) and they really run awesome. I took first in the A Main with mine and my buddy took third. The TZ turbo motor has more power but is more than twice the price and is a little finicky to tune. Either one is a great choice, just depends on what you are willing to spend, but I would say save $130 and get the CV-R.

DaveG
06-14-2006, 08:16 PM
In addation to being more expensive doesn't the TZ require special, more expensive glow plugs?

Killerush
06-14-2006, 08:22 PM
The TZ requires turbo glow plugs, they are comparable in price to standard plugs. They are just more tapered on the threaded end.

GearheadXNT2
06-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Thanks alot for the help guys! I really appreciate the advice