PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what kind of car this is?

jjwtlist
06-17-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm trying to determine what kind of car this is in the attached photo?

I think it may be a Kyosho and was purchased around 1988. Can anyone confirm that it is a Kyosho and which model?

Suggestions on where to get spare parts for it would also be appreciated.

I need the left rear axle that attaches the motor to the wheel and the bolt/nut that attaches the wheel to the axle.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

papazilla
06-17-2006, 01:29 PM
It is a Kyosho for sure. Model is an Ultima. I believe it is just the standard Ultima, but it may be the Turbo Ultima, because I thought the original had the gold shocks.

xrcist2
06-17-2006, 02:16 PM
www.vintagerc.web has pics of all the old kosho/tamiya cars.thats where i got this pic!tamiya fox!looks similar.

jjwtlist
06-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Based on the Ultima/Turbo Ultima lead, I was able to determine that it is a Kyosho Turbo Ultima. Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know how to get parts for a Turbo Ultima?

jjwtlist
06-17-2006, 06:00 PM
The website you provided showed a picture of a Turbo Ultima that confirmed this is the car. Thanks for the help.

Budman_222
06-17-2006, 08:55 PM
You have a pm

xrcist2
06-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Based on the Ultima/Turbo Ultima lead, I was able to determine that it is a Kyosho Turbo Ultima. Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know how to get parts for a Turbo Ultima?
.i found a site www.vintagekyosho.com there are many turbo ultima pics and im sure he would know where to get parts!hes a kyosho nut!!!

xrcist2
06-19-2006, 02:30 AM
.i found a site www.vintagekyosho.com there are many turbo ultima pics and im sure he would know where to get parts!hes a kyosho nut!!!and he will buy the car if you dont want to restore it!

xrcist2
06-19-2006, 02:37 AM
im a kyosho lover myself.hers a pic of my first car the kyosho bandido.

xrcist2
06-19-2006, 02:49 AM
and heres my new car!a kyosho inferno gt 1/8 scale rally car based on a inferno buggy with a 3hp .28 engine!it does about 50mph and its got so much power itll roast the tires off like a street bike doin a burnout!and it goes from dirt to pavement.NO PROBLEM!

Fudster
06-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Hi All

Franco here from vintagekyosho.com, that Bandido is very nice. I have one just like it but haven't posted to the site yet. The answer to you question about Ultimas is that they are a ton on ebay for new parts. I almost have every model and have never really had any problem finding parts for them. I also have a few that I purchased just for parts.

Take Care
Franco
http://www.vintagekyosho.com

Fudster
06-19-2006, 09:31 AM
I thought I would add this too.

Enjoy
Franco

kawasakirider
06-19-2006, 09:38 AM
and heres my new car!a kyosho inferno gt 1/8 scale rally car based on a inferno buggy with a 3hp .28 engine!it does about 50mph and its got so much power itll roast the tires off like a street bike doin a burnout!and it goes from dirt to pavement.NO PROBLEM!

Kool I like them, RCCA did a review on it and stock it did 42 MPH what gearing are you running to get it to 50?

Baja-Destroyer
06-19-2006, 09:54 AM
my friend had an altima that thing was a tank i dont know how graphite could be that strong they sure dont build em like they used to

xrcist2
06-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Kool I like them, RCCA did a review on it and stock it did 42 MPH what gearing are you running to get it to 50?i run 15 and a 19 on the two speed bell!stock is a 14 18.and the motor is no longer stock its a novarossi/top .21.with a rmv deutschland clutch and rmv turbo air filter!very trick.the pic is the car when i first got it.

xrcist2
06-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi All

Franco here from vintagekyosho.com, that Bandido is very nice. I have one just like it but haven't posted to the site yet. The answer to you question about Ultimas is that they are a ton on ebay for new parts. I almost have every model and have never really had any problem finding parts for them. I also have a few that I purchased just for parts.

Take Care
Franco
http://www.vintagekyosho.com
i actually found that bandido pic on the internet.my bandido is long gone.only the memory remains..

Fudster
06-21-2006, 08:16 AM
That is a Turbo Ultima for sure, not a bad car. Needs a body and some wheels but it all seems there. You can use an hex wheel for the back but the body will be harder to find.

There are always parts cars on ebay and I just sold my painted Turbo Ultima on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6063013319&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

Franco

I'm trying to determine what kind of car this is in the attached photo?

I think it may be a Kyosho and was purchased around 1988. Can anyone confirm that it is a Kyosho and which model?

Suggestions on where to get spare parts for it would also be appreciated.

I need the left rear axle that attaches the motor to the wheel and the bolt/nut that attaches the wheel to the axle.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

mp3ranger
06-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Hey jjwtlist I got some parts that will fit your chassis. If you want I can send you a photos of the parts .

adam lancia
06-25-2006, 09:10 AM
jjwtlist: contact kyosho america and see if they have some parts lying around. you can download the manual along with a parts list from the kyosho site so that should help you narrow your search down to part number too.

RichieRich
06-26-2006, 07:29 PM
What parts are you looking for? I did a restore on my Turbo Ultima a while back. I have a bunch of new and used parts. Check my homepage link in my profile.

Fudster
06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Nice restore job on your Turbo, I am looking for a Turbo Ultima II Decal set so I can finish one for my Ultimas Collection.

I have Ultima, Ultiima II, Turbo Ultima, Ultima Pro XL, Ultima RB, Ultima EP, Ultima Pro, Turbo Ultima II(just need decals), and have a lot of extras.

Franco

What parts are you looking for? I did a restore on my Turbo Ultima a while back. I have a bunch of new and used parts. Check my homepage link in my profile.

RichieRich
06-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Nice restore job on your Turbo, I am looking for a Turbo Ultima II Decal set so I can finish one for my Ultimas Collection.

I have Ultima, Ultiima II, Turbo Ultima, Ultima Pro XL, Ultima RB, Ultima EP, Ultima Pro, Turbo Ultima II(just need decals), and have a lot of extras.

Franco

Wow! You are an big Ultima fan. :D I haven't seen a Turbo Ultima II Decal set in a while. Those are probably harder to get than the original Turbo's decals. Are you going to get an Ultima RB Evo for your collection? Those are hard to find.

Fudster
06-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Actually they are always for sale on ebay.

Is this the one your talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Kyosho-1-10-30071-2WD-Ultima-RB-Type-R-RC-Car_W0QQitemZ290001036979QQihZ019QQcategoryZ49213Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Franco

Wow! You are an big Ultima fan. :D I haven't seen a Turbo Ultima II Decal set in a while. Those are probably harder to get than the original Turbo's decals. Are you going to get an Ultima RB Evo for your collection? Those are hard to find.

RichieRich
06-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Here's the Ultima RB Evo:

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/car_bike/buggy/ultima/ep_ultima_rb_r_evo/ep_ultima_rb_r_evo-e.html

Fudster
06-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Ya that's the same car, its the only car i need to complete the set. I will get one day and then take a family photo.

:)

Franco

Here's the Ultima RB Evo:

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/car_bike/buggy/ultima/ep_ultima_rb_r_evo/ep_ultima_rb_r_evo-e.html

Fudster
06-27-2006, 03:13 PM
This is by far my nicest new ultima II, its been driven maybe once.

Franco

vintagekyosho
08-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Well it finally happened, I finally found a Turbo Ultima II to complete my collection.

Franco