PDA

View Full Version : Anyone miss novelty RC cars/stuff??

Dan H
06-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Seems there are really no unique stuff coming out for RC's. The new novelty rage seems to be mini nitro and electric cars/buggies, etc.

By novelty, I'm talking about "different" RC's. Like the Kyosho cars with 4 stroke engines, Kyosho Quad-ATV, Kyosho Go-Kart, Kyosho Blizzard, Thunder Tiger Motorcycles, Tamiya/Kyosho F1 cars, Tamiya WW2 Tanks, etc.

I miss when RC companies weren't too worried about making as much money but wanted to make something really cool and different. :( I bet we won't see too many new things in the future other than an insane amount of monster trucks and mini cars/buggies. (Not that theres anything wrong with having a great selection of trucks/buggies.)

FifthScaleRacer
06-24-2006, 04:23 AM
I agree with you.

But Kyosho has re-released the Blizzard. Hopefully they will re-release the ATV amd Go-Kart

^j!nx^
06-24-2006, 08:47 AM
I have 6 motorcycles(both kyosho and thunder tiger) and 4 F1 cars. How ever I have gotten bored with the same ol same ol of running on 4 wheels. Ever sence I have gotten into the bikes, I havent touched a touring car. And ever sence I got a r/c dirt bike I havent touched any other offroad :)

I guess I am just a sucker for novelty ;)

awnelson
06-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Here's what is "new" in the last year:

HPI created a quad conversion for the Savage.
Hirobo perfected an easy to use twin rotor Llama helicopter.
1/16 and 1/18 became gas powered.
Kyosho created the HOR series of motorcycles that actually stay up.
Tamiya is recreating the Bruiser in a new package with new technology.

and the list could be populated for days.

I think there are enough new things out there, it may be that nothing tickled your fancy yet.

^j!nx^
06-24-2006, 10:25 AM

actualy the HOR is not new last year, its came out in the mid 90's then was discontinued, then re released last year for a very very short period of time. Also the first Kyosho q/8th motorcycle the Mk1 works very well and is actualy faster then the HOR when using the same running gear. I drive my Mk1 alot more then my HOR.

cnroman
06-24-2006, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't consider the Tamyia F1's a novelty. They have been around for about 10 years plus.

jamesbernatchez
06-24-2006, 12:03 PM
I want the Kyosho ATV in nitro...that will be sooooo hot. I saw NIB kit go for $400 on ebay. Thats way too much for something that i will end up breaking and not have parts to fix it.

Dan H
06-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Here's what is "new" in the last year:

HPI created a quad conversion for the Savage.
Hirobo perfected an easy to use twin rotor Llama helicopter.
1/16 and 1/18 became gas powered.
Tamiya is recreating the Bruiser in a new package with new technology.

and the list could be populated for days.

I think there are enough new things out there, it may be that nothing tickled your fancy yet.

The HPI Savage quad conversion is simply a body and nothing more. I have a Savage myself. The Kyosho Quad-ATV has a unique chassis that makes it more realistic and features a chain drive/sproket.

Heli's are another story. I'd like to get in on them but if I do, it'd be a Blade CP Pro. :)

I mentioned the mini nitro cars/buggies as well as the new "novelty" but nothing special or outrageous enough to me.

The Kyosho HOR series motorcycles is pretty old. Has nice features but severly outperformed by the Thunder Tiger motorcycles for bang for buck.

^j!nx^
06-24-2006, 08:53 PM
The Kyosho HOR series motorcycles is pretty old. Has nice features but severly outperformed by the Thunder Tiger motorcycles for bang for buck.

totaly diffrant scale. Its like compairing a HPI micro to a HPI pro4

HOR in the front ThunderTiger in the rear

http://photos.rs-scooby.com/albums/album96/fm_1e_002.sized.jpg

rs4 rally boi
06-24-2006, 11:00 PM
i was kinda thinking the same thing one day. i was looking at an old issue of rcca when they were reviewing why one rc touring car was better than another same ole stuff. and i was just thinking when any of these companies were gonnna try something different. imo all tc are starting to look the same and all carry the same basic design. mabey we'v reached the limit of what is possible in 1/10 scale rc cars.

Dan H
06-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Ooo, I must have been thinking about the other bigger Kyosho bike, even though its still smaller than the Thunder Tiger. But thats pretty cool. :)

Neon_Dave
06-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Heh. For anyone bored of the typical 4-wheel touring cars, try helis. That's something you'll never get bored of... Secondly it's about as different as it gets, and it sure is a rush to fly. I myself have a Blade CP no problems with it, and I would fly it over driving my other cars any day. It's just one of those things you have to experience.

I would love to try some of the older cars/trucks/buggies, but I don't have the funds, and they are so hard to find....

Mini/Micro's, wether nitro or electric, are just scaled down verions of their larger counterparts. Nothing special there.

-Dave

balang_479
06-25-2006, 11:15 AM
I think everyone would like to see new stuff. but now manufactures are haev realised that not much money comes out and its generally all about the money.
Also now racing is the most importnat thing for nearly every manufature, and they are developing vehicles for classes that already exit to go fasternot to experiemnet on completely new deisgns

^j!nx^
06-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Ooo, I must have been thinking about the other bigger Kyosho bike, even though its still smaller than the Thunder Tiger. But thats pretty cool. :)

http://www.rcbike.com/Citirider%20Karton%20frontal_50%25.jpg
:D

Dan H
06-25-2006, 07:56 PM
LOL! Thats the first time I've seen that motorcycle. Rider looks funny. :D

z-man280
06-25-2006, 10:53 PM
http://www.rcbike.com/Citirider%20Karton%20frontal_50%25.jpg
:D

:eek: WHOA!!!! jinx, you have the coolest stuff! i have NEVER seen that bike before, that is awesome!!!!

pleaseletmeon34
06-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Thats going back a ways. Thats one of the first models Kyosho made.

I have the Quads, they are pretty cool.

The Kart most of you know is a re-release. The first one was the Go-Kart, the second was the Racing Kart .10. I have a few of those too.