PDA

View Full Version : Overheating!!!

skeeter1255
06-27-2006, 04:19 PM
OK I have an os .18 cv-rx on my rc10gt and now it keeps on over hetaing i was goona finish the break in and nowi have this!!! I checked it all i put tge needles back to factory. and everything, I place rtv silicone on the carberator to see if it eas an airleak, I had to tighten the cluch not because it eas loose but now im lost, ive checked the fuel lines I think i did everything what the heck is wrong!!! MAn 4 weeks! of beak in!! this sucks. WHY ME.

what else d i check. please I want to do this befoer the end of this weeken cause im going out of town and gonna have a beautifull bashing spot!!!

Im going to the hobby shop tommorow to buy a couple of things but My dad is taking and he has to work so I cant lwt the hobby shop people see whats going on its gonna be aquick in and out, but anyways please Help.

Budget racer
06-28-2006, 12:44 PM
How do you know it is over heating whats the temp.? Are the hole on the body larg enough for the motor to vent? make sure you don,t have a air leak on the motor, and make sure no air leaks in fuel line feeding the motor.

Killerush
06-28-2006, 01:34 PM
You said you had to re-tighten the clutch nut. Check the bearings on the clutch bell, if they are toast, there's your problem. Also make sure the clutch nut is tight enough that the flywheel will not turn by independently of the crankshaft..

skeeter1255
06-30-2006, 09:19 AM
it overheats when it is idling not moving it reaches temps to 280 - 295

Figit090
06-30-2006, 11:46 AM
hopefully you've checked what the other people have said, but if you already have...

i dont usually let my truck idle for long periods, only enough to get it to an idle and sometimes not even that, i go straight to warming it up, then i just run it. But i would think that if you let it sit without moving and there isn't a mad wind blowing at the time.. there is NO air flowing past the head and the engine isnt getting sufficient COOL air to remove the engine's heat, it will keep overheating like this until you get some airflow to it; so if you are only seeing this when it's sitting thats probably an issue, and if you run it around, you have to make sure there is a path for air to flow past the cooling head as someone stated. you probably have a truck body so that would mean cutting a hole in the windshield to allow air to flow in the body and out the back past the engine head. there are different styles of holes you can use, most i see are round circles or a clean square with rounded corners cut so it doesn't affect the looks much by following the window lines on the engine-side of the window.

try to run it around; just make sure you have a nice stream of exaust smoke when you do, and a path for air to flow, that way you know you have sufficient lubrication and cooling.