PDA

View Full Version : A Very Very Fast RC Car!!!

Craps
07-07-2006, 12:21 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/Dice193/RCCAR2006013.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/Dice193/RCCAR2006008.jpg

More in the World's Fastest RC Car Challenge thread: http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=342

ducati777
07-07-2006, 01:48 PM
I've said it over there, and I'll say it over here. This car is absolutely badass. Craps has raised the ante on the world's fastest car challenge. This thing is made out of industrial materials that are already designed to go over 100 mph carrying a driver. I can't imagine what it'll do carrying only servos and such.

It'll be so funny to see that thing next to a 10th scaler. I can just see a guy sitting there sayin well I have lipo this and a 550 size brushless and blah blah blah. Craps just grinnin, knowing in the face of 125cc's of monster they don't have a chance.

I also love the look. Its mini indy car. Almost has that cute toys r us look, but I bet jaws drop when he hits the gas. Geared down its probably one heck of a basher.

I really hope we see this on the cover of a magazine. I think its that good.

Holeshot101
07-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Finally someone gets it. Use/build a strong frame that is made to go fast, put in a motor that has over 20 horses. Make it as wide and long as possible to fit in the dimension requirements for stability. And most of all, don't use rc tires, they will balloon. VERY nice craps. Could we see some more pics?

Toyotatogo
07-07-2006, 11:35 PM
My 5th scale is way faster lol j/k, I'm working on a project also ... :D

scoob
07-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Craps- I wish you would bring that thing to a race and let me check it out before you head out to California.

Good luck. It would be great to say that I race with the man who set the fastest RC car record. :)

associatedude92
07-08-2006, 05:05 PM
I WANT ONE!!! LOL

very very nice craps if i was a betting man i would put my life on this thing!!!

TRXrevoRacerOS18
07-08-2006, 06:20 PM
very sick, someone should post a vid of that beast running

associatedude92
07-08-2006, 06:23 PM
^^^ agree ^^^

balang_479
07-08-2006, 08:03 PM
that thing is insane, purpose build machine... does it have rear suspension? i think it should other wise the rear will be very bouncy at high speed which you intend to reach. Also the gearing has to be spot on to get maximum speed. But damn that thing is awesome!!!!!

tallyrc
07-08-2006, 09:11 PM
that's a fine exaple of why this contest is bogus...

Craps
07-08-2006, 10:05 PM
that thing is insane, purpose build machine... does it have rear suspension? i think it should other wise the rear will be very bouncy at high speed which you intend to reach. Also the gearing has to be spot on to get maximum speed. But damn that thing is awesome!!!!!

No Suspension, but the tires take more than you would think.

Craps
07-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Craps- I wish you would bring that thing to a race and let me check it out before you head out to California.

Good luck. It would be great to say that I race with the man who set the fastest RC car record. :)

I was going to bring it to show at NVR tomorrow, but I am having the wing mirror polished on it and it is partially disassembled. But I am still racing Pro Truck and UMT tomorrow. Come on up for some FUN! :D

mattylo62
07-08-2006, 10:28 PM
:eek: Seems as if Craps set out on a mission and accomplished it above and beyond anyones expectations. When does it go into production. LOL :D

brc358
07-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Very nice, and professionally done.
Do you have plans to show the chassis without the body either before or after the challange?
I understand why you may not want to before the race, but how about after the race or <challange >

Craps
07-08-2006, 10:53 PM
:eek: Seems as if Craps set out on a mission and accomplished it above and beyond anyones expectations. When does it go into production. LOL :D

I can custom build more of them! You will not like the cost. :eek:

Craps
07-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Very nice, and professionally done.
Do you have plans to show the chassis without the body either before or after the challange?
I understand why you may not want to before the race, but how about after the race or <challange >

Maybe if I am successful at setting the new record I am sure there will be a magazine article or 2 on it. First I have to set the record and there maybe something even more radical out there than my car yet to be revealed???

Besides something strange could happen preventing me from setting it at Fontana, CA and if it does happen, I am prepared to come back home and set here at a latter date, but I rather do it there at that event.

mattylo62
07-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Now you got my wife looking over my shoulder saying new toy for you = new Mercedes for me.

tmacfan4321
07-08-2006, 11:04 PM
that is awesome, craps i hope u come home with the record. Good luck.

furnik28
07-09-2006, 07:32 AM
photos not there

WheelNut
07-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Heli canopy! That is pretty crazy. Sure doesn't look very areodynamic though...

RCRevolution
07-10-2006, 10:33 AM
is wiring up a twin- turbo nitrous injected 2005 Dodge Viper SRT with servos and a reciever to win the fastest r/c challenge cheating?

___rollin___
07-10-2006, 10:41 AM
I don't know if it's cheating, but the car cant be over 40" long. A Viper is "slightly" longer than that :D ....

RCRevolution
07-10-2006, 01:17 PM
i'll trim it down :p

Tig
07-11-2006, 08:53 PM
:eek: HOLY SHMOLY, I would like to see that in action. Do you have any videos. Thats just awesome, more pics.
Do you happen to have a build log, pics taken as you progress through the build. That would pretty nutty.

JDT
07-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Craps, a holy man amongst the brushless and lipo faithfull, used to be a go cart champ so I bet that thing can haul some serious uhh....
I hope some enterprising fellow gets a crew to document the contest and offer us rc nuts a $14.95 DVD, it would be worth it just to see this thing go.

Craps
07-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Crashed hard today! Wing is junk! Time to rebuild the wing!

z-man280
07-11-2006, 09:07 PM
:eek: OH NO!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to hear that, i bet that thing hauls donkey! :p

Craps
07-11-2006, 09:17 PM
No many RC cars could come out of a violent barrel rolling 120 mph+ crash like this thing did and still in tact except for a wheel, a servo and the wing.

z-man280
07-11-2006, 10:09 PM
WHOA! now THATS impressive!

apollo
07-11-2006, 10:11 PM
craps, was 120 its top speed or did it have more to go?

tmacfan4321
07-11-2006, 10:21 PM
did u bring a radar gun?

nitroneub
07-12-2006, 02:17 AM
All i can say is :p :p :p drools . I bet it flys like the wind Well done

Craps
07-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Repaired except for building wing and it has some improvements!

Tig
07-12-2006, 08:26 PM
120 MPH barrel roll :eek: WOW, whats your goal, at least for now :D

Craps
07-15-2006, 07:23 AM
150 mph!

Breaker 1-9
07-15-2006, 07:37 AM
if you don't mind me asking, craps, just how much did that thing cost if you don't mind sharing that with us or you could also PM me. i really like the look of that thing, it's real nice with those go cart tires and wheels along with the heli canop. at 120 mph that thing sure must look good going down the road of your street.

Dustin

z-man280
07-15-2006, 11:10 AM
150 mph!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

um,.....er,......ULP! yikes! and did i mention..........WOW! :eek:

Tig
07-15-2006, 11:31 AM
150 MPH, NICE. Looks like youre on the right track, good luck.
any vids?

sportmaxx91
07-15-2006, 11:41 AM
kool. i bet my tmaxx could beat it. lol. just joking. u wanna race? lol i am looking forward to videos but at the speed of 150 mph it would probably be more of a blur. it would be really cool to have an onboard camera to capture the speed.

Craps
07-15-2006, 06:11 PM
if you don't mind me asking, craps, just how much did that thing cost if you don't mind sharing that with us or you could also PM me. i really like the look of that thing, it's real nice with those go cart tires and wheels along with the heli canop. at 120 mph that thing sure must look good going down the road of your street.

Dustin

I will sell you this car if you are serious or I will be glad to take orders for brand new ones custom built. Price will vary depending on what options are taken. E-mail serious inquiries only to crapsrc@netzero.com

You guys go price brand new go-karts, price the Parilla motor, pipe, clutch, servos (big ones) (bigger than 1/4 scale), My-Chron4 gauge, now add for everything being custom fabricated from the chassis to the pipe and the servo mounts along with working all the bugs out for everything that involves a bunch of hours and broken parts. You might be close to what it cost.

RCRevolution
07-15-2006, 06:18 PM
150mph? what are you doing following it in a ferrari? doesn't it go out of range in seconds?

ambiotter
07-16-2006, 03:49 AM
So, is this thing actually competitive on the track? I'm not saying it isnt (it looks like you'd have to slow it down on purpose to drive), just that it would be wicked if it could go round corners lol, not like some of the other cars in the challenge.

Craps
07-16-2006, 05:08 AM
So, is this thing actually competitive on the track? I'm not saying it isnt (it looks like you'd have to slow it down on purpose to drive), just that it would be wicked if it could go round corners lol, not like some of the other cars in the challenge.

Actually with a gearing change along with a some stagger added to get it around the corners, it would be very very fast on a 1/4, 1/5th and even a 1/2 mile car track. It could take the bumps better than the smaller cars and could outrun any go-kart with a rider. With a 3 quart fuel tank, I can put on at least a 10 minute demonstration of pure RC speed that would get people excited about RC in a new way.

This car has alot of promotional potential to promote RC to the rest of the world at car racing and sporting events. There is already something in the works on that too!

The few non-RC people that have seen it run have already expressed interest in going to watch and even getting involved in RC as a hobby! Just need some sponsorship help from some in the RC industry to put the plan in action.

Craps
07-16-2006, 05:15 AM
150mph? what are you doing following it in a ferrari? doesn't it go out of range in seconds?

About 5 to 7 seconds of full throttle and around 5 seconds to deaccelerate with the run over with. A ferrari would be good, but I think riding in a helicopter chasing it on the Salt Flats in UT would yeild over 200 mph with a gearing change and alot of running room. The fixed radio position visual/radio range limits alot of the potential, but it is a good rule and makes it a true RC competition.

t-maxximum
07-16-2006, 08:42 PM
could you just name an average price for this beast?

ducati777
07-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Heheh this kart falls under if you have to ask, you can't afford it. But lets do some math, a good kart is about 2-3k, throw in fab and electronics and I bet crap's would build you one for about 3 to 4k.

Good work craps. I think 200 might be ... ambitious? With motorcycles its not a problem of horsepower, but their length. A bike is too small to close the hole in the air it just punched in it. Thus bikes have great quarter mile times, but relatively low top speeds. My bike, a SV1000S, does the quarter in 10.8, faster than a McLaren F1, however the F1 has a top speed of over 200 mph, and my bike tops out at about 150.

Craps
07-16-2006, 10:34 PM
The bare Parilla Sudan motor alone with no carbs, carb mounting plate, no header or even pipe cost $1,800 alone. Brand new mass produced Karts as a roller are around $2,200 with no motor mount plate, no guages, no clutch, pipe hanger, fuel line and throttle cable. Now keep in mind everything was custom built setting up jigs by a professional Kart manufacturer to my specs welding all the extra brackets and rails for servos, guages, body mounts and fuel tank. Now add a jack shaft that is belt driven to special built clutch with a chain drive, add a custom built pipe for the motor and the guages to record rpm and cylinder head temperture, add the larger than 1/4 scale servos to hold it in a straightline, add the 8000 mah 8.4 volt li-po reciever pack and few special extras that I might post here at a latter date.

At least double the estimates with more added and you might be close. Remember this thing is a CUSTOM BUILT RC CAR and not a go kart!

Breaker 1-9
07-17-2006, 01:55 AM
and last but not least? spit out the price, the price for everything, the full and total car, EVERYTHING. :D

associatedude92
07-17-2006, 02:53 AM
is it that big of a deal he already told u around an average and if u would add up the cost of rverythign he said u would find out or r u just too lazy.

Breaker 1-9
07-17-2006, 05:56 AM
i was just curious in knowing exactly what he put out on that thing completely. lazy is not a factor some things could have been a little more clear rather then just stating a partial of what one thing or two cost or around what it costed. but forget it.

Dustin

Craps
07-20-2006, 07:46 AM
No problem guys!

Something is only worth as much as somebody else is willing to pay for it!

RCRevolution
07-21-2006, 10:12 AM
you can borrow the turbo charged gsxr-1000 thats in my garage, tops out at 210mph.

but if you think about it, radios are good for 3000 feet if its like spektrum, so you really don't need a car to follow it and if you do use it, any car that can break 100mph will do cause you wont fall behind 3000 feet

Craps
07-27-2006, 09:27 AM
I quess we have to see this Sunday July 30th at California Dragway in Fontana, CA if my car is fast enough! ;)

z-man280
07-27-2006, 09:31 AM
I quess we have to see this Sunday July 30th at California Dragway in Fontana, CA if my car is fast enough! ;)

Here's wishing you the best of luck, and some serious bragging rights Craps! Try not to bring her back in zip-lock bags :p

Ron

Big Dan
07-27-2006, 10:02 AM
This is a go cart not an rc car. it might be in the size limit but I dont think that it is really fair. It's considered a go cart that is how it was bought not an rc car. If this wins which I think it will I will be dissapointed and the RC speed record will be tainted IMO. We should have stricter or realistic guidelines. Jeez if that is the case I can strap a rocket to a go cart with a reciever and servos and win. Just my two cents. But that is one bad *** car.

Craps
07-27-2006, 10:20 AM
This is a go cart not an rc car. it might be in the size limit but I dont think that it is really fair. It's considered a go cart that is how it was bought not an rc car. If this wins which I think it will I will be dissapointed and the RC speed record will be tainted IMO. We should have stricter or realistic guidelines. Jeez if that is the case I can strap a rocket to a go cart with a reciever and servos and win. Just my two cents. But that is one bad *** car.

Sorry Dan but did you see a seat and steering wheel on it, but you will find a radio reciever, servos and I will be operating it by radio in my hand that more than qualifies it to be RADIO CONTROLLED!!!!!! It fits the rules and guidelines for the contest and still has to be driven by radio from a fixed position at very high speeds without wadding it up that is a very important part of the competition.

My car is custom built RADIO CONTROLLED CAR and not a go-kart converted! I have yet to see a go-kart with the motor in the middle of it where the driver would sit.

balang_479
07-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Its his first post so that explains it, but even so, if its in the guide lines and is not barking any rules then why shoudl it not compete, i think anybody could make something of the sort, im sure overall it cost just a tad more than a high performance rc car. ANd it dont how you can say it looks like a Go-Kart, its looks home made all the way..

Big Dan
07-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I never said it should not compete. Those are the guidelines set. I am just saying that yes that is an rc car in the LOOSE sense. So if i have enough money to build a rocket on wheels with a radio and reciever that should be considered for the contest. Like I said in my opinion, I would not consider that and RC car in the Traditional sense. Hey I would love to see that thing fly down the track doing over 150 miles an hour. Also I am stating in the traditional form that is not an RC car. IMO that is. Although I think that what he did is awesome. Doesn't that have go cart tires and a go cart frame cut down to be in spec? So that is why I am saying it is a go cart. The engine is a go cart engine isn't it? Don't get me wrong more power to him if he wins. But when I think of an RC car That is not what I picture. I picture you going to an RC hobby store and what they have on the shelf or behind the counter. I don't think I have ever saw one of those there. I love how because that was my first post I get blasted for it. By the way I would not mind getting one of those for myself, just don't have a million dollars lying around.

Dan

z-man280
07-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Keep in mind, he still did compliment Craps on his car tho. Maybe he hasnt been exposed to some of the more extreme rc's such as th 1/5 scales by Traxxas and HPI, or the 1/4 scale cars.
Big Dan, there have been many cars/trucks built with hand-built and extreme chassis out there, and many 1/4 scale monster trucks with briggs & stratton motors on them, which makes them even closer to a go-kart ( basic ones, not shifter or racing karts), yet companies see the need in people to have these extreme cars and trucks , so larger servos and beefier components are made for those applications. Just because Craps used that engine, doesnt really make it a go-kart, its just another example of the extrme levels this hobby can go to. I dont mean to offend you in any way, so please dont take it that way.

Ron

Big Dan
07-27-2006, 01:28 PM
No offense taken. I was just stating my opinion. For the record craps has an awesome car. (just jeolous I don't own it :D ) But it looks more like a go cart than an RC car. if you go to toys r us and pick up on of the toy go carts it looks just like that but it has a seat in it. And I have seen the 1/5 scale cars with a weed whacker motor in them they have races over by me once a month. But those actually look like RC cars not a go cart. That's all I am saying. Just my two cents. By the way I apoligize if I have offended anybody with my comments, as I must have for being downed for posting on this forum. FYI I have been into RC's for over 15 years now and that creation of craps is one of the baddest vehicles I have ever seen some serious props to Craps for designing it.

Dan

z-man280
07-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Yeah, that thing is pretty hard-core. I been in rc for almost 2 decades now myslef, and just found this forum last summer, so dont feel bad, just becasue your new to HERE, doesnt make you a newbie in my book.

NotWalkinBlind
07-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Big Dan, here's the forum for the contest... you should be able to find the rules there (see page one of the first thread) and see that Craps is totally within them:
Car Action World's Fastest RC Car Challenge!
http://aa-forums.gcnpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=342

I think we all understand your "it ain't an R/C car" thing... but hey... if somebody brings a truck, if they're within the rules, they'll be allowed to compete, too!
:D
BTW, they have to be wheel-driven, not thrust powered... so, no rocket-driven vehicles will be going down the track.

bensb4
07-27-2006, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=ducati777]
It'll be so funny to see that thing next to a 10th scaler. I can just see a guy sitting there sayin well I have lipo this and a 550 size brushless and blah blah blah. Craps just grinnin, knowing in the face of 125cc's of monster they don't have a chance.
[QUOTE]

at least the lipo and 5800 would be driveable.were in the world would you be able to drive a rc that goes 100 mhp?not on your street.with anything if i had soem like that it probably sit longer than anything.

not to rack on the awsome creators but if i had something that went that fast id rather be driving IN it.100 mph isnt fun if you only got 100 feet to drive it :confused:

NotWalkinBlind
07-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Check out this blazingly fast Electric Popsicle:
http://aa-forums.gcnpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=180309&highlight=sigurd

Big Dan
07-27-2006, 05:00 PM
My mistake but likeI said in my post the rules should be a tighter so someone seeing this vehicle in a magazine will say hey thats an RC car, Not hey look at that awsome go cart. thats all I am saying and this will be my last post.
Also is there a moderator that can email about deleting my account. I didn't know stating my opinion would get me treated this way on a forum for RC cars. I will stick with the other forums.

Thank You

NotWalkinBlind
07-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Does anybody know if Eddie Weeks and his turbine car are going?
http://aa-forums.gcnpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=176409&page=1&pp=25&highlight=eddie+weeks
http://www.corpcomp.com/weeks1/Car/Car.html

ducati777
07-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Awww poor big dan. Hang in there buddy. See there's two ways to look at it, yea you can go 100 mph with traditional gear, but not much faster. RC tires fall apart, gears melt, and its tough to come up with enough power. RC Nitro built a 100 mph car, and the current "record" is a traditional car.

I agree its not made of tradional rc car parts. You'll probably never see that powerplant in a production chasis. But I think thats what I like about it so much. While you think its loosely an rc car, I see that as creative.

But at the end of the day keep lurking, and keep posting. The forums can be rough on people, but they're also a wealth of information, and you get to see cars like this. See if you can find Thorbob's creations, that guy hand builds some wicked machines. I think there was a post called I have a monster woody, where a guy built an almost exact replica of a T-maxx entirely out of wood.

Thats what keeps me coming back to the forums. All the crazy projects, ideas, opinions, and yea occasionally people get rude. Its the internet, we can be rude without any risk of actual confrontation. Everyone is a tough guy online, you'll see that a lot.

-Duck.

nitroneub
07-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Well put Duck

Craps
07-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I can't see anybody coming to this contest with a generic off the shelf RC vehicle like a T- Maxx, TC4 or even a straight up rail drag car that I consider on the custom side.

With that being said, I expect to see mostly exotic custom built cars that are built for one purpose and that is top speed and you can be sure that all will be RADIO CONTROLLED!!! :D

ebbb2316
07-28-2006, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=Craps]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/Dice193/RCCAR2006013.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/Dice193/RCCAR2006008.jpg

More in the World's Fastest RC Car Challenge thread: http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=342[/QUOTE

ebbb2316
07-28-2006, 12:19 AM
I can't see anybody coming to this contest with a generic off the shelf RC vehicle like a T- Maxx, TC4 or even a straight up rail drag car that I consider on the custom side.

With that being said, I expect to see mostly exotic custom built cars that are built for one purpose and that is top speed and you can be sure that all will be RADIO CONTROLLED!!! :D
how fast is your car craps?

z-man280
07-28-2006, 02:02 AM
how fast is your car craps?
well, my 1:1 Z will touch 140mph, maybe a touch more, and i wouldnt race it, even if it would accelerate to its top speed along side his! :D

Jev
07-28-2006, 04:00 AM
well, my 1:1 Z will touch 140mph, maybe a touch more, and i wouldnt race it, even if it would accelerate to its top speed along side his! :D

He would smoke your Z :p

Craps, although you built your car to do top speed. I was wondering how well it handled corners? Considering the design looks more like a circuit racer than a top speed car it might even do well going around an oval :eek: . That might be the only way to get a glimpse at it's full potential. Lake of suspension and differential might be it's downfall.

scoob
07-28-2006, 08:36 AM
It's not a conventional RC car at all. It does look like a go-kart..LOL, but it is radio controlled. I don't blame Craps for coming up with what could be the fastest RC car in the world, after all, the rules left this type of concept wide-open. Trust me, I know the guy and he's always going in a direction that other people aren't ready for just yet and he literally started a non-conventional class of racing in our area that has caught on big time.

Good luck Tim. :)

Craps
07-28-2006, 08:43 AM
It's not a conventional RC car at all. It does look like a go-kart..LOL, but it is radio controlled. I don't blame Craps for coming up with what could be the fastest RC car in the world, after all, the rules left this type of concept wide-open. Trust me, I know the guy and he's always going in a direction that other people aren't ready for just yet and he literally started a non-conventional class of racing in our area that has caught on big time.

Good luck Tim. :)

Thanks Gary!

GO PRO TRUCK!!!

Any 2wd 1/10th scale stadium truck with any motor and battery with a 20 minute main!!!

Gary
Go kick buttt at NVR for me on Sunday since I will not be there! :D

TheSnick
07-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Two things, Ducatti, maybe get off your knees for a minute, your total devotion to Craps is creepy.

Craps, can the gloating and secrecy, no one will ever give you a sponsor if you fast talk like you do here. How much did it cost, and what does it cost to order one from you? You keep slithering around the question, trying to make yourself look even better every time you change your font.

Nice car though.

Craps
07-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Two things, Ducatti, maybe get off your knees for a minute, your total devotion to Craps is creepy.

Craps, can the gloating and secrecy, no one will ever give you a sponsor if you fast talk like you do here. How much did it cost, and what does it cost to order one from you? You keep slithering around the question, trying to make yourself look even better every time you change your font.

Nice car though.

Wow! What a rude post!

Ducatti is just excited about my car because he posting doing the same thing along time ago that is very similar to what I did even though my plans were in place before he posted about it.

Mr Snick
You need to tone it down and not be so rude with your post. As far as cost goes....none of your business! :mad:

z-man280
07-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Oh i KNOW that thing would smoke my Z, not even gonna question that!!!!!

Personally, i dont care if Craps spent $100,000.00 on his car, or $6.00. What is the obssiesion with how much it cost??? Point blank, if you need to ask, then you cant afford it! As for conventional, heck ya its not, and i love it.........how many cookie-cutter cars or trucks, or stereos, or bikes, or real cars, or anything come along and we just look , nod, and move on?
Did anyone just look at a Viper or McLaren and say, " oh look, a car, no different than my taurus". Not so much. The people went nuts over something different, and excited to see what it can do. My late brother always said, " people are creatures of habit-they dont like or want change, until you give them a reason to". The reason here, building a fast car requires changing your thought process.
Not just craps, but ANYONE who brings something totally new to the table should be given credit to thinking outside the box. If Craps came into here with a TC3 with a BL, people would simply go, " oh nice. good luck or something".
As for the money, OK, lets do this:
CRAPS< I HAVE $5000.00, IS IT ENOGUH TO BUY/BUILD A CAR!
i already know the answer, but if you want one that bad, ask the man in p.m. if you can call him, and discuss purchasing one.

Give 'em he!! on raceday Craps!

NotWalkinBlind
07-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Considering the design looks more like a circuit racer than a top speed car it might even do well going around an oval :eek:
Craps, after you get back home from CA, why not approach the owner of a local 1:1 dirt oval short track and ask if he'd allow you to demo it at some point between heats on a hot Friday night? Last time I went to a dirt oval race, they had a 3 lap little kids kart race.

I think the race fans would eat it up.

Craps
07-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Craps, after you get back home from CA, why not approach the owner of a local 1:1 dirt oval short track and ask if he'd allow you to demo it at some point between heats on a hot Friday night? Last time I went to a dirt oval race, they had a 3 lap little kids kart race.

I think the race fans would eat it up.

I can't say much now, but something is in the works that maybe bigger. ;)

ducati777
07-28-2006, 04:59 PM
@TheSnick, like i said everyone is a tough guy online.

NotWalkinBlind
07-28-2006, 05:13 PM
I can't say much now, but something is in the works that maybe bigger. ;)
Keep me informed, dude... I may have to hit the road for that if it's in NC, SC, or GA.

And don't forget about the short track dirt oval thing... wouldn't you just love to see the looks on those people's faces when that thing is tearing around the track?

Wait a minute... you'd never see their faces... you'd have your eyes glued to the rocket.

Well, I'm sure you'd enjoy the uproarious applause after you brought her back to a stop.
:)
Wish I could join you and the others this weekend... it's just too steep for the state of the old wallet these days.

And believe me, if I lived near the track, I wouldn't be one of those who only showed up "if it's not too hot." I'd be there no matter what the temp... dang... why stay away just because it's hot when all the racers put so much time and effort into their cars?????

I know how to stay alive in the heat... I used to race 1/12th onroad in sunny central SC from March to November.

TheSnick
07-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Ducatti, I am a tough guy offline as well. Wasnt picking a fight, just pointing out your brown nose and dirty knees.

xxxpipologyxxx
07-29-2006, 06:51 PM
this car looks like its got a yamaha blaster 4 wheeler engine it

NotWalkinBlind
07-30-2006, 12:57 AM
Awwww... wook at MisterSnickie... he is feewing weft out because he doesn't have a fast enough wace car to enter. *sniff sniff*

We feel your pain... you obviously have a serious "I'm a bada$$" delusion.

No problem... we see that around here all the time.

Keystrokes are cheap, tough guy.

Craps
07-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Awwww... wook at MisterSnickie... he is feewing weft out because he doesn't have a fast enough wace car to enter. *sniff sniff*

We feel your pain... you obviously have a serious "I'm a bada$$" delusion.

No problem... we see that around here all the time.

Keystrokes are cheap, tough guy.

That's some funny stuff!!!!! :D :D :D

snoop
07-30-2006, 11:43 AM
how about some video of this beast in action.

Akura2
07-31-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey Craps... It's Jimmy.. I helped you out at the Challenge this weekend... hope everything is good and sorry that your RC "car" had issues... hopefully we'll see some record-breaking speeds from you soon though..

Lata man

nitroneub
07-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Im with snoop Please lets see that rocket in action ...Looks way cool ....Whipes knees and nose clean.. lol But seriosly i would love to see some vidio of it ripping up some pavement or whatever you are gonna drive it on .. :p

sugs
07-31-2006, 10:50 PM
When and where do we get to find out what happened?

ducati777
08-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Dang, looks like I get to eat my words. It was a 10th scaler lipo brushless who won it... Shows what I know....

z-man280
08-01-2006, 09:54 PM
:eek: 160 mph!!!!????

congrats to Hard Case, and 134 mph with a 4wd??? WOW! once again, congrats Nic!!!!