PDA

View Full Version : Great Lakes Bash-fest 2007! FREE STUFF!

z-man280
12-22-2006, 05:10 PM
hey guys....

as many of you know, the RC Zone road trip is heating up!

May 4th, 5th, 6th will be the time, Harrison Mi. the place.

Now, on to the nitty gritty.......

This is an offer to ANYONE who wishes to attend the drifting event.

As you all know, Slidewayz will be there, and was patterned after the Skyline in 2Fast2Furious. I think it would be neat to carry out this theme, and as this will be a public event, it would be awesome to have other cars from the movie or other very recognizable cars.
I am extending this offer to you that plan to come, for a FREE paintjob of your favorite movie/tv car. Cover shipping, and any extras you would like, such as lights, wipers, ect., the paintjob is on me!

2ND, I will need t-shirt sizes for those who plan on coming no later than March 1st.

I am currenty working on a Logo for it as well, and i will post pics soon. Decals will be made as well, for your pit box or R/C.

As far as right now, the following bodies have been taken:

Brian Spilner's Skyline ( Slidewayz)---z-man280
Brian Spilner's Eclipse ( 1st movie)----xxwoodmanxx

let me know what ya want, as time and scheduling will be needed to ensure a great replica.

Thanks,

Ron :wave:

4DMNYC
12-22-2006, 07:41 PM
:D :D The whole forum is going to want a body! :D

I guess I'll need to pick out a body. ;)

Oh, I'm an XL by the way...

XXWoodmanXX
12-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Someone get the S2000, before I ask Ron to do up a SECOND body, all for moi. :D :cool:

I'm an XL, too.

z-man280
12-22-2006, 08:12 PM
ooooh yeah,...jonny tran's...black S2K would be HAWT!

z-man280
12-22-2006, 11:31 PM
wow...you would think someone might be interested.

hijacker
12-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Here's one I'm thinking about. The BMW GTR from Need For Speed: Most Wanted. :D

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p24/hijacker01/9_full.jpg

z-man280
12-23-2006, 02:15 AM
SWEEEEET!!!!

excellent choice Chad!

4DMNYC
12-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Hey Ron. Can we pick a body from any of the fast & furious movies? Or just 2fast 2furious.

4DMNYC
12-23-2006, 08:25 AM
So far, these are the bodies I'm thinking of using...

Bada$$
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/4DMNYC/black.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/4DMNYC/mazda.jpg

I'm not even sure if this body is available, 93 silvia...If someone makes this body it will prolly end up being this one.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/4DMNYC/93silvia.jpg

NitroCrackers
12-23-2006, 10:44 AM
anyone from maryland going?

z-man280
12-23-2006, 12:10 PM
any body you want really Tom.......

check www.yokomousa.com for that silvia

i wish they made Jessie's Jetta! now THAT would be fun!

NIdaho Mudder
12-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Hum i havent seen 2f/2f but this looks like the RC worlds version of the 80' Rocky Horror Picture show. Wont mention who seems to be like who in comparison *looks at Ron strangly*

hehe have a good day

z-man280
12-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Remind me to kick Adams truck every time it passes!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hope you can make it out bud, would be awesome to see you here!

cpee
12-24-2006, 01:51 PM
hey ron wery gona go with the rx7 veil slide from fast n furious of course all the goodies plenty of lit hey put me down for an xl cpee in the south happy holidays everybody ps hope i got enough post to attend this function damm sure spent enough money lol hey ron let me know about hotels in the area as i will be day early 12hr trip :D

cpee
12-24-2006, 02:01 PM
hey ron are we running any other cars their lmk ill bring some trucks also like to see some crawlers there thanks cpee

XXWoodmanXX
12-24-2006, 07:16 PM
hey ron are we running any other cars their lmk ill bring some trucks also like to see some crawlers there thanks cpee

I might just bring my entire fleet, to include:

- Drifter (TA02)
- On-road basher (FF01)
- Off-road basher (TA02 S-10)
- Off-road basher (Lunchbox)
- Mini (M03)
- On-Road; possible drifter (TA04)
- E-MAXX

charger, plenty of batteries, soldering station (just in case LOL), extra Xtals and radios, a few spare parts.....yada-yada :cool:

GT Freak
12-24-2006, 09:36 PM
well, id like to get a body painted, but none can do it... 1970 superbird with ALL wing details.

z-man280
12-24-2006, 10:01 PM
find me the superbird... i will do the best i can. enough time, and a single bristle brush, i can get damn close.

metalry101
12-25-2006, 12:41 AM
I like the idea of free stuff...but I have one concern...

For those on these forums who want to come but are in school (as in college), that's a busy time. I dunno about the rest of the country, but most schools around here have finals in the first half of May. Maybe we could do late May/ early June? Or even July?

hijacker
12-25-2006, 12:48 AM
metalry101 has a good point. School is in session during May. That is definitely something to think about.

z-man280
12-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Let's take it to vote! Ryan, if you u think enough people will want to come, we can put it off.

metalry101
12-25-2006, 02:47 AM
I'm hoping to make it, and if I come, I hope to bring a friend or two along as well.

z-man280
12-25-2006, 02:49 AM
that would be great! that JUST MIGHT land you the long haul prize:D

hijacker
12-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Goto www.googlemaps.com and type in Harrison, MI as your destination for directions.

blktransam
12-27-2006, 12:17 AM
hmm anytime would be fine with me lol we just need to get it set in stone..so that some of us can request off work and what not..

ryan

tadium54
12-27-2006, 02:41 AM
mac might be a better indicator of this, but i think most colleges and univeristys will be out by then. im a college student and will be out by then as far as i know of

z-man280
12-27-2006, 03:09 AM
If we need to alter the date , i am willing to do this. However, Chad and myself need to find out who will be attending as soon as possible. There is a great deal of planning going on here with getting proper orderes in for meat, ect. on the right dates.
Our local meat market doesnt need two months advance, but the more time they have, the better. On shirts, that is a bit of a deadline-sensitve deal...too early is fine, but too late, and no shirts. He does uniforms for the area schools, so come may, he is a busy guy.

As for the track, thats not a big deal, anytime is fine of course. As for the drifting, park, camping, hotels, ect., that is something we need to have a set date on well in advance. I am currently working with an area business who has agreed to shut down its parking lot for us! That in itself is awesome, and i want them to know WELL in advance of any changes, as they have been very good to us already.
As you know, weather is also a key, so if we need to make alternate plans for indoor drifting/racing, ect., i need to have those dates as well.

Once we get things finalized, a schedule of events can be put together, so you all will know when and what is going on. Pretty much plan on Saturday night being the drift show,...many local businesses are allowing us to put up fliers, so there should be a good specator turn out as well.
If ya wanna drift, let me know what ya plan on running, what frequency, ect., so i can orginize heat races.

we DO plan on there being a nice informal dinner saturday night as well, prior to the drifting, to meet and welcome everyone, and with luck, a sunday brunch.

We want this to be something everyone enjoys, so the more thought out we can be, the better the event will go. Gladwin Hobbies will be stocking up on fuel & parts , as will I, and we "should" have a generator on-site for power supplies, chargers, ect. Depending on weather, i will also bring out the some equipment, and maybe do some light DJ work...jammin to tunes when bashing is always the best.

Any questions can be directed to of course myself, or to hijacker ( Chad) here or in pm if you have special needs/requests. Lodging will be available IF you book in advance, so this is why i cant stress enough that we get finalized.

Harrison is a VERY small town, so keep in mind you local Wal-Mart, Home Depot, ect. is 20 minutes away, if you need to grab anything. we do plan on some very special prizes awarded as well, for the racing, the drifting, show-n-shine, and of course, the long haul award will be awesome! I may even have some Manufacters stepping in for this event, so be ready for anything!

A list of accomodations will be available shortly.

Ron

4DMNYC
12-27-2006, 09:48 AM
You guys are doing a great job organizing this!! Don't think it's not appriciated :) cause it is.

I think we should stick with the weekend of May 5th. The wheather will be cool and crisp (perfect for r/c) Not too hot, not too cold, ya know what I mean. Plus that time of year is great for long drives. And it's not interfereing too much with the official race season. If you guys need help with anything let me know.

So far, it's going to be me, and two other people in a rentle van. My g/f was going to come with us, but then she realized she was going to be stuck in a van with three guys talking about r/c for 8 hours :D So she's no longer taking the journey.

P.S. I've decided to buy the Yokomo drift tires. I can't find ABS pipe anywhere near me.

tadium54
12-27-2006, 10:32 PM
so will there be like a bbq or dinner after the events? oh, and is it just for member on the fourm or can anybody come?

z-man280
12-27-2006, 10:36 PM
the entire event is open to the public, and we will be advertising... the dinenr is also open,...