PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions Before I buy Again

kikcaffine
01-04-2007, 05:23 PM
So im deciding between a NIB Team Losi Aftershock or a used Traxxas 2.5 Revo. I dont know which one I should get. The revo is about 200 dollars less though. Im not going to be racing it, I just want something I can start up and play with and put away and fix when It needs it, which of these has an easier chassis to work on? Which is a better basher I guess? Is there something else out there thats a better choice for a truck. Im also toying with the idea of a touring car because I want to drift it. Im all over the place with what I want i know!

savage100
01-04-2007, 05:35 PM
If you just want to mess around then go with the revo because it is less but if you really want to bash then get the aftershock. I don't have an but ive heard that the aftershock is tougher. Or you could find a used savage on ebay or something because they are the best bashers.

Smib
01-04-2007, 05:37 PM
I agree, the Revo is bashable, but the savage would be better for tooling around and bashing and would cost less.

kikcaffine
01-04-2007, 09:38 PM
So is the aftershock no good?

awnelson
01-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Hexes are too small for the size of tire that they put on them. It seems like a nice truck, doesn't have 2 speed or reverse. They can be added as well as 4 wheel steering if you want it but I guess if it were me I would find an LST if I were buying right now. I have a Revo, only thing I don't like is the motor. I have owned it for about two years and have only broken a turnbuckle and replaced the motor with an O.S. .18 TM.

Dirt King
01-05-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm kinda leary of buying used MT's. Ppl usually run the heck out of them and a lot of times don't know much about maintaining them, so it's a real gamble. They could be excellent and broken in nicely, or you could end up having to buy a new motor and diffs in a month. If you can afford it I'd buy the new one.

skylineTT
01-06-2007, 01:06 AM
revos are great but you would have to see what condition it is in.