PDA

View Full Version : R/C car action problems

superbee
01-07-2007, 12:16 PM
As some of you know I'm back in the hobby again after a layoff and when I was in the hobby R/C car action was easier to find at other retailers than hobby shops. It's not at the two major grocery stores in my area and no longer offered at Target as well. I'm sure this is a distribution issue but it kinda sucks to not be able to easily get an issue of this magazine. Has anyone experienced this problem where they live? I live in Western, N.Y. if anyone was wondering.

norcalracer_707
01-07-2007, 12:55 PM
They sell them at safeway and raleys here in northern california, and sometimes they don't. It's always a 50/50 deal. My best bet is to go the hobbyshop or barnes and nobles.

MattHiggins
01-07-2007, 12:57 PM
As some of you know I'm back in the hobby again after a layoff and when I was in the hobby R/C car action was easier to find at other retailers than hobby shops. It's not at the two major grocery stores in my area and no longer offered at Target as well. I'm sure this is a distribution issue but it kinda sucks to not be able to easily get an issue of this magazine. Has anyone experienced this problem where they live? I live in Western, N.Y. if anyone was wondering.
Our distribution is always changing, as are the places that carry the magazine. This is part of the business and true for all magazines. You should be able to find RC Car Action at many newstands, bookstores, hobby shops, etc.

c2s
01-07-2007, 12:58 PM
I was in the same boat you trying to find it. I tried 5 places and finally got it at a mall in Barnes & Noble.

Monster Sport
01-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Your not alone! A lonely little pharmacy store was the only place you could find RCCA. Back in the late 80's and early 90's they kept a health supply of the mag. It helped me get thru study hall everyday. I've not seen the mag for close to 10 years being sold anywhere near me. If I want a certain issue I have to drive 45 miles or more or buy a subscription.
Here I always said if you couldn't find it at Walmart then you would have to order it!!!!! I guess I have to order it then!!!!

z-man280
01-07-2007, 01:24 PM
your best best is to sign up for a subscription....cheaper, and no more hunting!

MarkieMark231
01-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Barnes & Noble, Savemart, K-Mart, Target, Mall, etc. etc. There everywhere down here.

4DMNYC
01-07-2007, 02:49 PM
It's very easy to get by me. I constanly see it at newstands in he city. And my lhs carries them also. I've noticed that almost all book stores carry them. You should try one of them.

balang_479
01-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah i susbribed aswell. and even if the shipping costs 70 bucks its still cheaper than buying an Italian magazine here (which are not that good, RCCA is so much better) its so worth it.

FESTER2004
01-07-2007, 03:32 PM
try walmart or 7 11's

z-man280
01-08-2007, 08:15 PM
lot of grocery stores carry them i have noticed.