PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Rustler Race truck Help

Tamiya84
07-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Im planning on attending a Race comeing up in the next few weeks, Ill be Racing a 1/10th 2wd stadium truck class. I plan on Racing with my rustler, What Compettion should i look for? What tires should i use? Should i have solid rims or will stock be fine? What do you guess reccomend for racing... I wanna have a good time i never raced a ledgit coarse before its always been woods races

XXWoodmanXX
07-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Good luck wit that. I doubt the Rustler's suspension geometry and roll couple would keep up with that of the GTs, GT2's, XXXNT's, etc. Just give it a good once-over or two,......you'll be alright. :)

pleaseletmeon34
07-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Ask T4racer about which tire to use on the other thread. Tires will be a good start to having a good time. There was somebody else at the track with an elec rustler (I think), and that was his first race. After we talked to him about throttle control, his next heat he was two laps faster. That will be the next thing you will have to work on.

Come on out, there'll be some people that will help you out.

Tamiya84
07-28-2007, 12:04 PM
What tires u guys running Big spikey or little ones.

evst 360
07-28-2007, 05:05 PM
ones with small pins, like the Pro-line holeshots or bowties.

vaderbxman
07-28-2007, 05:28 PM
My dad used to run Holeshots with his NEVST, but has since switched to tract-a-gators. I had my doubts, but it has alot of grip. I'd start out with holeshots to begin with.

skylineTT
07-28-2007, 07:38 PM
check on the inside jobs from pro-line. they are *teh sexz*

vaderbxman
07-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Losi has some good tires. I'm clueless as to which ones are the best, but I bet someone can help you there......

Tamiya84
07-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Whats wrong with Big noppy tires

zueslilbuddy
07-29-2007, 12:26 AM
depends mostly on track conditions. Loose or soft big nobbies hard clay surface small pins they grip better and dont give the bumpy ride that makes ya loose traction.

t4ftracer
07-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Tamiya, if you're planning on coming out to the Ocean County race, any step pin (small knob) tire would be best for that (and many other) tracks. Pro Line and Losi both offer them, and the track owner and local hobby shop will have some available that day also. The larger knob tires will be too aggressive and actually be harder to control. Regarding wheels, most racers run solid wheels, however for you're first race the stockers will be fine. Just come on out and run, you'll be surpsrised how much fun you'll have, and also how much you learn in just one race! It's a very friendly atmosphere, we'll help you out.

Tamiya84
07-31-2007, 02:18 PM
:) Thanks T-4 I have the Rustler Stripped and its getting built back up so its fresh and tight for race day, I still need a motor so i was thinking about going out and buying one then i thought maybe i should by a OS.18 :) But if its a track all that power would og to waste any ways, Melon told me id be better off bringing my maxx. Is that true? What do you run?

pleaseletmeon34
07-31-2007, 03:06 PM
T4 runs anything and everything! If there is enough people to form a class he has a vehicle to run in it! LOL :wave:

.12 is the "legal" class limit for 1/10 stadium truck (unless its an RTR). We would like to run a "sportsman" class (if enough people show up) to introduce new people to racing. That will be a pretty much "run what you brung" class. Even if we don't run that class we'll fit you in.

Is the OS 18 a good engine....YES. But don't think you need that monster mill, it'll probably do more harm then good.

If it was me, I would run the stock engine that came with it. (if you have one. And doesn't that truck need an odd crank?) Get your feet wet.... if you like it and want to step up into a more "race bread" truck, your gonna need a .12.

Right now, monster truck and truggy are the biggest classes in this area. I would make sure your Tmaxx is ready to run and bring it! You'll be able to run some practice laps with both. Then decide if you want to race it or not.

You have 5 days to get them together!! :driving: :winner:

Tamiya84
07-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Haha Well the maxx is Pretty destoryed i was driving around NJ today looking at a few other trucks, The Rustler Came stock with a 2.5 Motor Is that legal or im gonna need a .12 motor? I had a rustler with a hyper .21 8 port motor lol that was fun,

Can i run the 2.5 in the rustler

whats the biggest motor you can run in the Monster truck class

pleaseletmeon34
07-31-2007, 04:03 PM
You can run the stock engine (and I prefer you did) but then I don't know how well you drive either.

Monster truck....I don't think we have any limits. They seem to keep coming with bigger engines.

But BIG hp usually means you just run into the wall harder! (and break more things LOL)

Tamiya84
08-02-2007, 11:22 AM
lol im suppose to have a Big Block maxx comeing my way tonight but i wont hold my breath