PDA

View Full Version : what to buy?

kiadog
07-29-2007, 07:58 AM
hi there am new vnew to the rc world and what a huge world it is.Am after just a couple of pointers, what rc car to buy it has to run on grass well. Plus were to buy it from am in the uk.I know this is v vague but i have around $400 to spend thanks guys.:wave:

zueslilbuddy
07-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Welcome to the forms.
Your probably going to want a monster truck or atleast 4wd , Many to chose from $400.00 puts you into most of them but you must first deside weather you want electric or nitro.
Both have good and bad points.
But nitro gives the full root ripping power from start to finisn on a tank of fuel.
This is going to start a little war but theres revo which seems to have the biggest following but theres also the savage which is also very durable and a great truck. Then the t-maxx (what I have) which it a fun powerfull truck but not as much of a racer as the 2 above mentioned trucks.
Both the savage and the t-maxx come in electric and nitro versions and both are fun and pretty fast trucks for their size.
Theres just so many to chose from its hard to tell someone what to get its more buyer preferance than the opinion of others cause everyone with something different will tell you to get what they have and most opinions are bias in that way.

Good luck man and again welcome to the forms.
Larry

mikemaxx14
07-30-2007, 08:08 PM
welcome i would suggest a nitro rustler they have loads of option parts and aftermarket

kiadog
08-01-2007, 07:00 AM
thanks guys any uk users who know where i could purchase one of these beasts?

Jayboy
08-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi,
I'm from the UK too...
Check out www.modelsport.co.uk
It's a great website with 1000's of parts, and very competitive prices.
Also, a truck i would recommend is the Schumacher Havoc...very fast (50mph+), very agile and very strong, spare parts support is also fantastic as they are manufactured and distributed in the England!...consider it...