PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if i could have some help...

Homertage
08-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Hello, first of all i would like to start by saying I AM A NOOB. Now that i have gotten that all out of the way I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions of what rc car i should buy. I wouldn't like to spend over 200$ and would rather have a buggie then a truck. Also, rtr or kit doesn't matter to me i am very handy with building things. Thank you for your time.

atm92484_3
08-11-2007, 12:45 PM
$200 is a little tight for getting a rtr going. Were you looking for gas or electric?

For the budget you're aiming at, I don't think you'd be able to do a kit since buying all of the required parts separately adds up pretty quick.

For electric, AE makes the RC10B4 RS. Tower has it for $235. Traxxas also makes the Bandit for around $150, and Sportwerks has the Raven for $155 at Horizon Hobby. You'd need a charger (probably around $50) and battery packs (around $20-$25/pack...you probably want atleast 2) for all of these. I tried to find the XXX buggy RTR on Horizon's site, but I wasn't successful. If you're planning on racing, I'd go with the AE (or Losi if you can find it).

For nitro, Duratrax offers the Evader BX for around $250. On top of the price of the car, you would need fuel, a fuel bottle, glow igniter, and fuel filter. For around $50, Trinity offers a kit for $50 with all of these in one box.

All of these are 1/10 scale 2wd buggies. You could also look at some of the 1/18 scale mini stuff since they're less expensive.

Were you planning on doing any racing?

You're going to see some cheaper kits on Ebay and such from companies like Smartech; I'd reccomend staying away from them. While they're cheap to start out with, parts are difficult to find and the quality of the kits is very poor.

kilrb
08-11-2007, 02:46 PM
With your budget I would stick with ebay. If your patient you could find a good buggy with some extras for about 200.

atm92484_3
08-11-2007, 10:31 PM
You gotta be careful with Ebay. Its all too easy for someone to beat on a car then sell the piece of junk to some unsuspecting newcomer.

rccardude04
08-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Yeah... No joke. I saw an 8ight-T that looked great even in person. But the arms were sloppy, the hinge pins were getting a bit worn, shocks were starting to leak a bit, etc. eBay is a decent place to look if you know what you're doing. But if you don't, you can get in trouble pretty quick.
I'd suggest the Bandit or some of the others that atm92484_3 listed. The XXX buggy is not available RTR though, so keep that in mind. The B4 RS is a good choice though. For cheaper, the Bandit has been great for quite some time now.
-Eric

Homertage
08-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks for your time for now all i will do i guess is save my money until i have about 250 dollors