PDA

View Full Version : contingency money?

got2bqik
08-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Do RC manufactuers or the aftermarket vendors pay or give contingency prize's. When I raced 1:1 drag cars you win and run their product and sticker on your car and they would give you stuff after sending in the info.
(actually you just needed to run the sticker)?
Tim

MattHiggins
08-30-2007, 09:36 PM
There are contigency prizes offered by manufacturers to their factory guys at really big races, but it's nothing like in full-size sportsman racing.

There are plenty of sponsored RC racers who get "prize" money. Way too many, in my opinion. In RC it basically works on sponsorships of different levels. Basically, anyone can get a 50% sponsorship from someone. These guys just get stuff at cost. On the opposite are the 100% guys who basically get a salary and a big bonus when they win big races. Since the same six guys win just about every race, that's about all that need to be sponsored. I can't wait until club racing makes a total comeback and big event, multi day races become a rarity again.

NIdaho Mudder
08-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Here is one im not sure if your wanting more money but its a start
http://www.cenracing.com/raceprogram.html

Ryan Lane
08-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Matt is correct on all points. Club racing needs a revival, bad. Years ago I had a battery sponser that required I have a sticker every where; car, tool box, charger, radio. In return I got free batts. My LHS sponsered me for a season about 5 years ago and it was basically an at cost sponsership. I got all my gear at cost (basically half price) and all my race fees were covered. Then more children came along and time had to be devoted to responsibilties instead of hobbies. Thank God two of them are in school now and I have more time.

fiat124
08-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Cool I thought it went of the power 7000 8000 do you get more power for your money with brushles ?

highroller
08-31-2007, 01:57 PM
I wished they did have continency prize money, most of my bodies would be all stickers - got tons of stickers that I've just thrown away.
At big events the manufacturers may send the track products that are given away during the event - motors, battery packs, tires, etc. The other cost as most have mentioned are provided by sponsorship backing. Very few have 100% sponsorship backing.