PDA

View Full Version : touring car mph?

LOW ET
08-31-2007, 06:51 PM
what type of miles per hour do the electric pro touring cars put down that i read about? modified, 19t, stock, 5-6 cell, brushless vs. brushed???? i read all this stuff that says touring cars are getting to fast to control and people want to drop to 5 cell racing.

fiat124
08-31-2007, 06:59 PM
19T on a 5 cell 25/30 MPH But it is fast because the car is so small

highroller
09-01-2007, 09:59 AM
The speeds have increased due to a number of reasons, typically stock TC averages 32-36 mph lap times (depending on track layout) add about 2-5mph for 19t and 8-10mph speeds are above that for straights. In 1/10th pan car oval they went from 6cell to 4cell only for that reason. The cars were getting very unstable, cost getting higher (batteries, motors etc) and maintenance had to done more often.
With 4cell racing instead of truing motor after 1-3 runs that increased by 2-3 runs (depending on type of race). Cars are more stable, tires don't rear out as quickly, parts aren't breaking or wearing after a couple weeks.
The only thing some racers who race offroad, TC and oval either have to buy packs in 4 and 6cell or break down 6cell pack to have enough 4cell packs for oval racing. While the speeds in 4cell did decrease some, with the new motors, batteries etc the speed is not a slow as some thought. If the racing organizations adopted a 4cell or 5cell format it would make the cars a lot more stable and easier for beginners to control - the only downside would be needing a charger that is 4cell or 5cell compatible.

Grizzbob
09-01-2007, 01:42 PM
And as far as Factory-level touring cars go, I can't comment about other events/tracks, but at the Novak USTC race in Milkwaukee every Janurary, the Factory guys regularly top 40mph on the back straight(& the track owner brought in a cop with radar gun to verify it), & they do it in less than 100 ft, so you can bet on a bigger track they can do more....:cool:

cheerwhiner
09-01-2007, 09:34 PM
lipo + best brushless system you can afford. Hold on!

LOW ET
09-02-2007, 03:25 PM
lipo + best brushless system you can afford. Hold on!

that's what i'm talking about. i want to get the mamba 5700 and 3c lipo for my tc5 but i'm sure that would mean lots of repairs. that's why i was checking the mph of the pro's i read about with a legal race setup.

got2bqik
09-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Mamba 5700 and 3S lipo not legal anywhere!!in touring car cept WFRCC, then your under powered.Check ROAR and your local race site to see what is legal and what they will allow. Buying brushless once costly having to buy again to be legal to race double costly!
Tim

BillH
09-02-2007, 07:15 PM
A car can only go as fast as the track permits. Our local track is plenty of fun and real competitive but speeds are slow due to its size.

LOW ET
09-02-2007, 08:33 PM
i know the mamba/3c setup isn't legal but i just race on my street and like crazy fast cars. i was refering to repairs to the diffs, belts, outdrives etc... i'm just weighing out the two setups, if i could go 50-60mph with a mamba that's fine and if i can go 50-60mph with a legal setup then i would do that. then i could race on the street and track if i chose too.

BillH
09-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Repairs all depend on if you hit something or how good of a car you start with. If you are running on city streets you should look into a brushless 2.2 truck of some type. The touring car will get thrown around on the street due to the small tires.

got2bqik
09-02-2007, 09:30 PM
I agree with billh get a truck there tuff and can go fast. My mf2 has seen 60mph witn a 3s lipo.
Tim

LOW ET
09-02-2007, 10:12 PM
well my street is smooth black top. i have no problems running my ntc3 on it so i bought the tc5 so i wouldn't bother the neighbors all the time with nitro noise. as far as trucks go i have a 8ight-t and a mini-t for that.

rccardude04
09-03-2007, 04:23 AM
My buddy/co-worker had a tc3 with an MM 5700 and a 3s li-mn pack. It was *confirmed* on the venom speed meter at ~80mph before it chucked out the drive shaft. I'm not sure if it caught the reading right as things were starting to unload due to the shaft flying out or if it actually went that fast, but it sure was faster than 50...
-Eric