PDA

View Full Version : post your most shocking embarrising crashes

riotwill
09-09-2007, 06:08 AM
post all your worst or funny crashes rolls scares eanything post it here my worst crash driving my stock monster truck electric 1/10 it was pretty banged up over 2 years of bashing big time eanyway i was jumping it and there was a deep long ditch seperating the neibours so i thought easy ill do it so i lined up got full speed and jumped in the air underestamated the jump the middle of the truck hit the corner of the jump i froze it snapped in half lol srry got no pics well post yours

XXWoodmanXX
09-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Hehe. I'll just copy/paste this from another thread almost one year ago. ;) :

Hmmmmm, I'd have to say my "most embarassing moment" in R/C'ing was probably back in 1995, when I got my first nitro/gas R/C, a Tamiya 1/8 scale Alfa Romeo (TGX MkII ??).

It was a Sunday morning, out on the flightline of my base in Chun-Chon, South Korea. The flightline is about 0.5 mi. x 1.5 mi. in size, so there's lotsa room for WOT. So, there I be, letting 'er scream back and forth for all she's worth, and lookin' damn good doing it, too! Now, noone's paying me any mind, in the meantime, out Headquarters company is doing touch-n-go testing with the new UH-60D Blackhawk.

Here's a tip, boys-n-girls. If you're running your R/C near a military base, make damn-sure that you're not om the 27Mhz AM band. That will spell disaster, as you're about to find out......

So, the Alfa is cruising along, when all the sudden, it gets all herky-jerky on me. I'm thinking it's close to being out of range, so I'd better turn it around....quick! Too late. I completely lost control of the vehicle! It's still herky-jerky as it's accelerating directly towards a line of OH-58's DOH! Ithink to myself, "Well, if it hits a skid, at least it'll stop, right?" WRONG! It passes right by the line of aircraft, and right towards a Blackhawk and APU just as it's rotors are ramping up for lift-off. The car's still jerkin' back and forth from being on the same freq. some sort of equip. All the sudden, the rotor wash sweeps the car off the ground, catching under the lexan body like a sail in a hurricane, and SWOOSHES the car away like a feather, and flies into the radar canopy of a OH-58D Kiowa Warrior developmental aircraft.

That afternoon, I'm sitting in the MP station, awaiting the arrival of my commander, Lt Col., and Colonel from Seoul . Not good....not at all. By that evening, my entire chain of command has to brief the Army developmental director and Army Chief of Staff as to what happened to one of only SIX of their developmental aircraft, and the reason for it's chipped radar lens.

The lens itself was somewhere in the realm of $22,000, then they had to bring in 3 Raytheon civilian contractors to replace it and test it out. Probably around $30-35K total. I got an Article 15, some SERIOUS extra-duty, and garnished wages for 12 months (but only for $1200 worth, thank God)

Sure, you guys may have the silliest, stupidist, or even the most awesome of mistakes. But, cut-n-dry, mine is by-far the most-expensive.

CarbonShadow
09-09-2007, 01:39 PM
^^ Ouch! Mine has to be when I got my Wheely King. Like the day after I bought it. Me and my friend were driving our cars. Hes got a nitro rustler. I put my X-factor ramp the street and we started messing around. Now the WK dosnt go very fast and his rustler is 45-50 mph. I was driving in front of him and I hit the ramp. Now Im only going 7mph and he hits it at top speed. He backflips over me! He's about 10 feet in the air. Now it might now seem shocking or embarrising but for us it was awesome! It was our first "big" stunt.

adamzty
09-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Here is mine...just copied and pasted it...

I was at my friends house and I was running my truck. I ran it for a while and then it stalled in the middle of the street (out of fuel). I coasted to the side of the street because I didnt want it to get run over by a car. Then all the sudden it dissappeared 5 seconds later I realized what happened...it went down the sewer enterance on the side of the street http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/images/smilies/eek.gif . I was thinking how the heck am I going to get it out...I just lost $500 worth of stuff...this sucks...I ran up to it and found it sitting in there there was a raised part right before the 4 foot drop to the sewer and My truck was on the raised part just 5 inches lower than the road. I was so relieved http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif . If I didnt hit the brakes the second I saw it dissappear I think I would of lost it. That was the worst thing that ever happened to me with my truck. If it would of gone 2 inches more my truck would of been down the sewer and I would of never gotten it back.

BIGDADDYV
09-09-2007, 05:21 PM
OK i guess I can finally tell someone about this besides the guys that were there .....

I live in a very out of the way place ... We dont get much trafic out here and have alot of land ... We were outside ( we being my and a few buddies ) and we notices that a tree was very much sloped in the same way as you would see a vert ramp ... Well, far be it from me to not attempt a back flip with my 3 month old Emaxx ... first run BAD lid flip .... second run at the tree , bulk head bumpage ..... The third, SUCCESS !!!!!! well this prompted all of my guys to start firing thier rides at this tree ..... after some time and a little bit of serious tree scoping we found the sweet spot .... Now its time to get creative .... Wheelies too the tree then the backflip ..... a few other unsuccessful tries and we get the geomerty down to an almost science ... I get the BRIGHT IDEA to go out onto the road to attempt the HIGH SPEED WHEELIE into a backflip .... While doing it i notice one of my neighbors kids ( a 22yr old little rocket of a girl who will go nameless ) is home from college and mowing the grass in an outfit only suitible for a girls gone wild video and or the beach ..... Well me being a good neighbor i take the time to make sure ( by watching her for what seemed a few seconds ) that she wasnt going to run over anything in her yard and leave my Emaxx out in the street ... LOW AND BEHOLD in our low traffic neighborhood a car not seeing my Maxx comes around the corner and even my buddies yells of MOVE THE TRUCK THERES A CAR COMING couldnt phase me .... Well next thing you know I am pulling the peices off the street to my maxx and making a tower order for basically a new front end and all that goers along with it ..... The moral to this guys is simple .... VERY ATTRACTIVE GIRLS AND RC DONT MIX ..... :D or it could be dont be a mook and leave your truck in the street whiel gawking at a cute gal .... I havent decided as of yet .... Also if this happens to you make sure you wife isnt laughin her butt off because she saw it all from your sun portch and thought it serves the goof right for not paying attention .....

What happened with me and the driver of the car is even more simple ... A FULL SIZED CADDY with the air turned on doesnt stop for anything smaller and the driver cant hear you either ....

xfusion
09-10-2007, 12:26 PM
The way you spelled "embarrising", "underestamated" and "neibours" is embarrassing. The United States' school system at its finest.

Ryan Lane
09-10-2007, 12:43 PM
I have had two crashes on the track that I would like to forget. Fortunately, I was a young lad when they occurred. I learned the hard way to look at the track ahead of the car, not where the car is at. I was looking smooth, out front by about 5 seconds when I clipped a slow moving noob. I was doing about 25 and she was doing about 7. My buggy launched into a 10 foot high cartwheel that threw the battery, the ESC, and the right front suspension(arm, shock, and a small piece of tower) off the track at a high rate of speed. Nice DNF.

The second time I was 2 laps ahead( I know, I am a super duper racer, this was the 12 year and under class). I continued to push just as hard as I could. My dad started yelling at me to slow down and just run clean. No stopping me, I wanted to lap again. The anouncer(owner of the track) even started to stress over the loud speaker that it would be in my best intrest to slow down. Sure enough I popped my camber link right off the ball stud on the big table top on the back straight. I manged to limp it home for the win, but lost my laps.

balang_479
09-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Hehe. I'll just copy/paste this from another thread almost one year ago. ;) :

Hmmmmm, I'd have to say my "most embarassing moment" in R/C'ing was probably back in 1995, when I got my first nitro/gas R/C, a Tamiya 1/8 scale Alfa Romeo (TGX MkII ??).

It was a Sunday morning, out on the flightline of my base in Chun-Chon, South Korea. The flightline is about 0.5 mi. x 1.5 mi. in size, so there's lotsa room for WOT. So, there I be, letting 'er scream back and forth for all she's worth, and lookin' damn good doing it, too! Now, noone's paying me any mind, in the meantime, out Headquarters company is doing touch-n-go testing with the new UH-60D Blackhawk.

Here's a tip, boys-n-girls. If you're running your R/C near a military base, make damn-sure that you're not om the 27Mhz AM band. That will spell disaster, as you're about to find out......

So, the Alfa is cruising along, when all the sudden, it gets all herky-jerky on me. I'm thinking it's close to being out of range, so I'd better turn it around....quick! Too late. I completely lost control of the vehicle! It's still herky-jerky as it's accelerating directly towards a line of OH-58's DOH! Ithink to myself, "Well, if it hits a skid, at least it'll stop, right?" WRONG! It passes right by the line of aircraft, and right towards a Blackhawk and APU just as it's rotors are ramping up for lift-off. The car's still jerkin' back and forth from being on the same freq. some sort of equip. All the sudden, the rotor wash sweeps the car off the ground, catching under the lexan body like a sail in a hurricane, and SWOOSHES the car away like a feather, and flies into the radar canopy of a OH-58D Kiowa Warrior developmental aircraft.

That afternoon, I'm sitting in the MP station, awaiting the arrival of my commander, Lt Col., and Colonel from Seoul . Not good....not at all. By that evening, my entire chain of command has to brief the Army developmental director and Army Chief of Staff as to what happened to one of only SIX of their developmental aircraft, and the reason for it's chipped radar lens.

The lens itself was somewhere in the realm of $22,000, then they had to bring in 3 Raytheon civilian contractors to replace it and test it out. Probably around $30-35K total. I got an Article 15, some SERIOUS extra-duty, and garnished wages for 12 months (but only for $1200 worth, thank God)

Sure, you guys may have the silliest, stupidist, or even the most awesome of mistakes. But, cut-n-dry, mine is by-far the most-expensive.

that i had to see...what an amazing story..

mines pretty simple, it was about the second time i started up my first RC car ever, and i was in my courtyard, accelerate way all happy, and then... it keeps going and smashes into a wall breaking most of the left side on my buggy (1/10 cheapy nitro thing)..

after that realised my radio antenna was not up and didnt have any FS or TRS..

FESTER2004
09-11-2007, 02:02 AM
back in high school circa 1994ish,anywya i had a radio shack golden arrow and one night before it got dark iw as racing around in front of my house n my friend n his girfriend come out dressed up for a date,anyway the car goes out of control ,drives up her leg n when it came back down it tore her pantyhose,boy was she mad but my friend thought it was funny!

marca
09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
i think mine is pretty bad......... back in march when the snow was almost finished melting i was testing a new setup in my backyard with a df-03. when i hit full throttle i completly lost control. By that i mean i glitch in my radio and my rc went right into my inground pool. I was hesitant to reach in because it was still cold in fact my df-03 broke through a thing layer of ice. but without fether hesitaion i took off my shirt and reached in. waited 2 days and it works 100% except the reverse is a bit messed up and very jittery.

jimmy hat
09-19-2007, 07:32 PM
the worst ive ever had was when my savage got stuck under a fence after a big jump. took ages to get it out but it wasnt damaged at all =)

rampbrian
10-27-2007, 05:03 AM
had my mgt do a full speed runaway when the reciever pac got unpluged. was going top speed and hit a huge friggin rock head on. it was amazing.
and people were watching. I was embarased.

but not as embarased as the first time i ever fired up my first nitro rc.
I had absolutely 0 experience with nitro, and no one was around to help. finaly I realized you needed a glow starter to fire it up. bought one and charged it over night. jumped out of bed next morning in my room., put glow starter on, primed car, gave the pull start a go. with out turning on the controler, or knowing how to shut the car off. engine starts, and goes wide open throttle. so I ran thru the house with the car, and threw it out the front door, naked !!!!! and ran back to my room. hahahhaha. car stalled out in the bushes. i put clothes on and got it later. hahaha my room mates made fun of me for that for a long time.

helotaxi
10-27-2007, 03:34 PM
I had the biggest audience for mine.

A bunch of us from the hobby shop that I hung out at the time were allowed to run on the arena floor during an intermission at a Monster Jam event. There were a bunch of pretty spectacular but benign wrecks while we just out ripping it up. About half way through my batteries on my E-maxx, it slams to a halt with smoke pouring out from under the body. Both motors (Trinity Monster Maxx) threw a wind and were toast. Not even a spectacular excuse for it. Now that's embarrassing.

catchin air
10-27-2007, 04:04 PM
mine is not that bad

while running my mt at my father-in-laws business in the wide open parking lot. i thought the dounuts were cool till i spun into a ALMOST dried puddle and the radio gets wet. im still in it thinking i have control. after i let out of it it spins to dry pavement and all i hear is a slight chirp and the truck coming right at me. need less to say the brakes do not work, the truck flies by me into the side of the garage and knocks off the exhaust, and me being new i can not shut down. broke a arm and exhaust. not to expensive but the crowd that i drew had a good laugh at my expense

Eli the rc guy
10-28-2007, 01:09 PM
My First Rc car was a TL01( and you all know the SOLID plastic bumper right ^_^) and I didn't know shnitzle on how to use it. My Father had build it for me and I watched... anyways when he was finished the first I turned the car on first and it caught a stray signal ( this was inside a room) the car ZIPPED off, hit my dad in the ankle just missed my sister and smacked into the wall right beside my moms knee... Gave my dad a bruised ankle, my sister a run for her life, my mom the scare of her life, a niicee big hole in the wall, and me a strawberry red face >.<

HPI_freak
10-29-2007, 09:14 AM
mine is pretty funny:

2006 racing season.
i got a Jammin X1 CRT RTR at the beginning of the year and raced it all over ohio during the season. i even did my own custom paint job (as seen in my avatar). for the entire season i have been doing pretty good (average finishes of 2nds and 3rds and once in a wile a 1st). well it was nearing the end of the season and i have NEVER broken a part on my super tough CRT, and my custom paint job didnt even have a scratch on it! we had a special "thunder in Ocober" race at my local track, so all the fast guys from all around Ohio were there and i was out to prove something :) i had to represent my home track ya know :cool: . during practice before the 1st qual, i dont know what happened, but i hit the lip of a jump wrong and landed RIGHT in the middle of the strait-o-way in the opposite direction!!!!!!! that was the FIRST time i have ever done that, and i dont think i have ever seen anyone else do it either. anyway, if that wasnt bad enough, one of the fastest guys (almost always finished 1st at every race he goes too :rolleyes: ) was coming down the strait and smacked me head on. to say the least, parts flew. i felt like an a$$ hole. and i just jumped right in front of the guy i was going to have to battle to win. i dont think anything on his car broke, but i bent a shock shaft, a bent CVD, cracked A arm, and a broken upper front brace. my body suffered massive trama. the marks and cracks i have on my 2006 seaon body are all from that one crash, and every time i look at it i am reminded of it :eek:

it was just embarrassing because i hit the fastest guy in my area. all my stupid fault all my stupid fault all my stupid fault all my stupid fault all my stupid fault !

Rtsbasic
10-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Happened 30 mins ago: Was praticing with my RC10 T2 for the first time in a year or two, just getting to grips with it and starting to build the speed up, which it has plenty of with a mamba in it, I drove it to the end of the road, and started bringing it back, building up some nice speed (35-40mph, give or take). Went to cut over the garden to circle it around a post and turn it around - misjudged the angle going onto the grass, and smacked the front of the truck straight off the back wheel of my real car. It wasn't a quiet impact, felt like a complete prat :) The battery mount ripped itself off the chassis, naturally the battery went flying and ended up in 2 peices. And the reciever box ripped itself from the chassis. The actual truck is fine though, thank ____ for RPM bumpers + a-arms!

SerpentKing101
10-29-2007, 08:22 PM
I think mine was when my E-Maxx ran away (electric truck runaway..shocker!). It went under this guy's Jeep and got hung on something while he was pulling out from his driveway.

Good times.

chewie
11-02-2007, 11:38 PM
when i hung my t3 in the rafters at my track after a encounter with the wall turn and a 3.5 r on lipo DOH
about 25 feet in the air.

NitroTXT1
11-06-2007, 05:12 PM
I think my worst would have to be!
i was running at my local track earlier this year lol...and was turning some sick laps with my jammin buggy and running and running and running...and then after i got through whippin on people..i came off the triple one last time...and my switch got knocked off during the landing and my car shot off the track and luckily got stuck and our track is small so i got over there in about 4 seconds(more like 40) anyway i then proceeded to try and shut it off via the flywheel(wasn't thinkin at all) and burnt some skin off my finger...Lessons to be learned

A)make sure when runnin a jammin that on is down on the switch and not up(if it's up chances are the body will hit it turning it off...not good)

B) don't turn a 30,000rpm motor off by flywheel(i know it's common sense but when you're trying to shut off a motor before it blows sometimes you don't think)...yes it was painful

chewie
11-07-2007, 02:25 PM
i always shut off my motors by plugging the carb.. you just squish the rubber boot going to the carb from your air cleaner.. or i plug the exaust stinger.. people who have a runaway. who pinch the fuel line to stop it are tards.

GearheadXNT2
11-07-2007, 09:02 PM
this one is more recent for me. im going to practice at the local track on a NON INDOOR RACING DAY. so the track is uber dusty and especsially so on the face of a tabletop and i goose it to jump but she gets loose and smack into a support column. bent right turnbuckle and broken a arm, battery falls out, and my pride dies.

30percent
11-08-2007, 05:18 PM
My 11year old daughter was driving her new rustler at a BMX track and I stepped to the side of the jump to get a good video shot..... I got a shot alright! Bam! my ribs hurt for a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=She3jIkrPog

total_psycho
11-10-2007, 11:39 PM
!!!OUCH!!! mine was i just got my first performance rc and and the one i still got a traxxas nitro sport it has been rebuilt so many times and so many aftermarket parts there is not much nitro sport left to it but it was my first time running it and i had never had one before and i had no clue what soever about them and i put battery's in and i had no pins to hold down the battery cover so i used a few lengths of wire to hold it down i went outside when i left work we were closed and i had talked my manager into leaving the parking lot lights on and blocked off the lot so no one would pull in fired it up it was used and already broke in so i was blasting wot up and down the lot and all of asuden i see something going across the lot next to my rc and then thinking why is it not slowing down why is it not stopping why is it not turning then OMG IT HEADING FOR THE CHINA CHEF then BAM hits the wall at wot snapping the front off right behind the bulk head then BAM again as it slams again into the side of the building knocks the pipe off and it does this 3 more times before i can get to it and to kill it i had to put my thumb on the header and that is so much hotter i still have a ring burn scar on my thumb but final damage lower and upper deck snapped bulk head stripped shock tower and shocks broken one left a arm knuckle and tire missing servo snapped in half cracked fule tank crushed pipe bent header stripped spur broken right a arm broken rear a arms and shock tower missing battery holder and cover and broken receiver and transmitter i got mad and threw it against the wall to and one mad china chef owner i worked at the business next to it and our lot goes up next to their building and he heard the car hit the outside of the building also remember this was my first rc and my first time ever running one like this i traded a 99 rightfeed auto cocker paintball marker with a ton of k.a.p.p parts for it plus one of the most embracing tripps to the hobby shop ever

NitroTXT1
11-11-2007, 01:58 AM
i another one...was running at the track and was going for the triple(when i first started to improve skill wise) and took it wrong after preaching to my buddies i could do it...and hung her right on the fence lol...and everyone was screaming it's good...Jayson for the win lol..it sucks to mess up right after preaching you've done something!

Peg Leg
11-17-2007, 09:14 PM
One day at lunch time at work, me and a fellow employee were out for some driving of our r/c and before i could get my started, he started his. He took off driving his and he hit full throttle and the radio lost signal and he hit a dumpster at about 30 mph. Totally smashing his front end. So, i get mine started and was making some full speed passes in the parking lot. All of a sudden i turned to follow it as it went by and all of sudden a 6 inch metal fence post jumped out in front of me. Need less to say, this is what happens when you hit a metal fence post at 40 mph. It was a expensive day for the two of us. Never drive in a parking lot at work... New side rails and a couple front supports later and she back like new...:D See pics below...

Peg Leg
11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r11/pegleg6942/Accident6.jpg

Peg Leg
11-17-2007, 09:24 PM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r11/pegleg6942/Accident5.jpg

Peg Leg
11-17-2007, 09:25 PM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r11/pegleg6942/Accident4.jpg I figured out how to post pics. So here is my embarassing accident...

Mini-TBasher55
11-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Mine was when I was running my newly rebuilt Mini-T 2 summers ago. Run it down the driveway and start to head over to the set of stairs across the street.

OH $H!T! There was a pole there.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/jokesta55/DSC00473.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/jokesta55/DSC00467.jpg

Tamiya84
11-18-2007, 02:03 AM
I was teaching my Gf how to drive a RC car and i do remeber saying, NO THIS IS HOW ITS DONE, Shortly after saying that my brand new TL01 was destoryed, My Neibor backed over it with hear Real Car, I still dont leave it down.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Camaro454/DSCF1437.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Camaro454/DSCF1434.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Camaro454/DSCF1439.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Camaro454/DSCF1433.jpg

Tamiya84
11-18-2007, 02:11 AM
Next- I was out in the woods Bashing with a bunch of my friends, When we got this great idea to drive are truck off a 50-70 Foot Hill and at the bottom of the hill there was a small creek, Well Needless to say i volunteered to go first, The Hill went down on a 65-70 Degree angle, My Pumpkin made it to about 1/2 way down the hill when it started flipping, The truck was flipping So Fast the gear box and Rim Grenaded, To make the story even better by the time i got down the hill Half my parts floated away. Amazingly I popped a new tranny in and I was driving the truck 25 Mintues later.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Camaro454/100_0729.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Camaro454/100_0728.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Camaro454/100_0727.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f214/Camaro454/100_0726.jpg