PDA

View Full Version : revo stock pipe baffles and possibly modding them?

AKASHA
09-13-2007, 01:04 AM
looking at the stock revo pipe and the resonator pipe side by side I have concluded that the major differences between them is that the stocker has a smaller stinger bore (which on the "test pipe" will be taken care of appropriately ) (yes I know watch out for pinch welds) and that the stock has a small baffle Just after the stinger while the resonator does not. Also that one is polished and the other is anodized blue ;) BIG QUESTION, has anyone cut one of the stock pipes in half or somehow seen inside to verify that is the only baffle inside it? And with a cheap spare pipe like so YES I am crazy enough to rip that baffle out SOMEHOW and see how it compares to the res pipe :eek: ;)

davec-nitro-rs4
09-13-2007, 11:55 AM
I wonder if this is a question that might have an answer at the Traxxas forums? There might even be pictures or drawing soof the inside of th etwo pipes? Just thinking out loud.

I do know that the Vantage CF pipe for the Revo doens't have anything inside it...it's shell shape is the interior shape...you can shine a light in the stinger and look in thru the inlet opening and see it all.