PDA

View Full Version : .26 picco t-maxx

wtr40rock
09-18-2007, 07:34 PM
I just put a new .26 picco motor on my t-maxx. I converted the truck to 2.5 slide throttle and exhaust. When ever i cranked up the truck to break it in it ran till the bottom of the driveway then cut off. Thats the furthest i can get and it sound like a 2 stroke dirt bike right before if shuts off. It had a crack in the gas tank but i fixed it with jb weld before i put the new motor on and it ran fine with the old motor. I can't think of anything else to do and i want to get this beast running.:eek:

rccardude04
09-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Replace the tank first.
Second, Picco engines have TERRIBLE o-rings. If you replace the o-rings or at least slime them, as well as seal the base of the carb, you'll probably have better luck. They leak, and our little 2-strokes are very cranky when it comes to leaks.
-Eric

wtr40rock
09-18-2007, 08:34 PM
where are o rings besides carb and exhaust?

ericem
09-18-2007, 09:45 PM
where are o rings besides carb and exhaust?

Well there is another one behind the backplate. I agree with rccardude, I remember a few early .26's had that issue. Main o-rings I would look at would be the carb ones and exhaust. You can wrap the threads with teflon tape the tape used to seal threads in plumbing, thats what I do with most of my engines as a temporary fix till I get new o-rings. Also make sure the carb is seated tight most the time from the manufacture they arent. So loosen the pinch bolt that holds the carb in place, loosen up the carb a bit by spinning it, then push it down and re tighten the pinch bolt while applying pressure.

rccardude04
09-18-2007, 10:27 PM
And replace that tank! lol. I've never seen a repaired tank actually function properly. It doesn't take much to totally mess up an engine as far as tuning goes.
-Eric