PDA

View Full Version : Nnnnnnoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rccardude04
10-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Is it just me or did like... a BUNCH of threads/posts disappear while everything was down?
-Eric

Blacktiger
10-05-2007, 10:09 AM
And it's much slower! At least for me anyway, and every page shows done with errors at the bottom on IE7.

rccardude04
10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Maybe that means they're still doing maintenance but wanted to give us something to do so we didn't boycott :)
I hope they get it fixified.
-Eric

Blacktiger
10-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Hope so, looks like most threads the last post date is 9-19-07.

rccardude04
10-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah it went back a ways. Maybe it's a backup or something.
Maybe one of our friendly moderators can chime in? Maybe? lol
-Eric

Drew M
10-05-2007, 10:38 AM
I love DB crashes and the subsequent restores from month-old backups because somebody found out too late that backups weren't working.

:P

tec_41
10-05-2007, 12:14 PM
It is indeed going super slow...But we don't need to know what's going on, we're only RCCA's loyal customers, right? :D

Drew M
10-05-2007, 12:17 PM
It is indeed going super slow...But we don't need to know what's going on, we're only RCCA's loyal customers, right? :D
That depends on how much you are paying to use the forums. ;)

Chachi_RC
10-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Free!! I'm sure that is why you are asking the cost question, right? We understand that these are free and a service provided by RCCA, and it is greatly appreciated.

With that said, as some one mentioned after the last time that they did an update like this, it would be cool if they gave everyone a heads up that this site is going to be down for a couple of days for routine changes. And, even though it is free and a provided service from RCCA, it has become an essential tool for a lot of RCers out there, let alone a way we all stay in contact and get our daily fix of all things RC. So even though it is free, we are still "customers" of RCCA, and there is no other way to look at it. Companies put adds on this website so they can sell stuff. Period. They just could make us feel more like "customers" by keeping us up to date on changes or shutdowns they are doing.

One nice change though is not having those annoying adds on the left sidebar anymore!

RCMadMatt
10-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Is it just me or did like... a BUNCH of threads/posts disappear while everything was down?
-Eric

I think you'll live, Eric! ;) You working Saturday?

Matt

ericem
10-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Damn the maintenance took a long time eh. Hopefully the few threads will be restored.

Hi all! :D

c2s
10-05-2007, 03:20 PM
At least for me anyway, and every page shows done with errors at the bottom on IE7.

I've been getting the errors for a long time in IE6.

And no I'm not switching to Firefox a a stop gap fix.

Grant Tokumi
10-05-2007, 03:27 PM
2 ways to deal with change:
1. Suck it up and adapt.
2. Hem and Haw and wait for the past to come back.
hahahaha. :)

Anyone for cheese to go with the whine?

I'm no expert at how these bulletin boards work, but if there is going to be another full scale procedure done of the forums again, to maybe retrieve all the lost posts or whatevers, I would be cautious of posting anymore important or time consuming posts for the next week or 2 because those may get wiped out in the process as well.

davec-nitro-rs4
10-05-2007, 04:00 PM
RC forums are like crack....you just don't know it until you can't logon.

tec_41
10-05-2007, 05:04 PM
I've been getting the errors for a long time in IE6.

And no I'm not switching to Firefox a a stop gap fix.

You should download Firefox. :p

Duster_360
10-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Well, I just noticed my post count is off by 20 or so, guess I should be thankful its not more, lol!!

It does get your attention when the forums don't come up! Went thru this with one18th.com - they were down almost 3 wks when server crashed while someone was out of town.

Chachi_RC
10-05-2007, 05:09 PM
RC forums are like crack....you just don't know it until you can't logon.

Of all the factual information on this website, and there is a ton, this has to be one of the truest statements I have ever read! LOL! :D

skylineTT
10-05-2007, 05:36 PM
its not really much slower for me. always been fast lol.

marca
10-05-2007, 07:48 PM
not slow but ya it does suck that we lost a lot of threads.....oh well at least a clean up was done :p

tadium54
10-05-2007, 08:52 PM
2 ways to deal with change:
1. Suck it up and adapt.
2. Hem and Haw and wait for the past to come back.
hahahaha. :)

Anyone for cheese to go with the whine?

I'm no expert at how these bulletin boards work, but if there is going to be another full scale procedure done of the forums again, to maybe retrieve all the lost posts or whatevers, I would be cautious of posting anymore important or time consuming posts for the next week or 2 because those may get wiped out in the process as well.

I would love some cheese.

haha

adamzty
10-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Well, its a little slower for me but not much. Apparently they switched their server from CentOS to RedHat

And you people that use IE......... W H Y ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

dragracer28
10-05-2007, 09:53 PM
And you people that use IE......... W H Y ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I use Firefox on my Mac. I can't understand why all this people are still using Windoze and not Linux or a Mac.

hijacker
10-05-2007, 10:21 PM
I have both Firefox and IE7, they both run the same for me.

adamzty
10-05-2007, 11:34 PM
I use Firefox on my Mac. I can't understand why all this people are still using Windoze and not Linux or a Mac.

I couldnt agree more. Mac OS is actually based on BSD which is based off of UNIX, and Linux is also based off of UNIX. MacOS is more user friendly then linux, but I prefer linux because I am a computer geek:cool:. Stop giving bill gates all your money... IMO he dosent deserve it at all...

I switched to linux a couple years ago, and I will never use windoze again...

c2s
10-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Firefox also gives css and javascript errors. Guess it's crap too.

C0NTENDER
10-06-2007, 12:16 AM
I love DB crashes and the subsequent restores from month-old backups because somebody found out too late that backups weren't working.

:P

It's bound to happen :)

FESTER2004
10-06-2007, 12:24 AM
i wonder what they did fix?i am still having issues.i have no drop down menus,so when i wnat ti pm someone now i have to click on their icon just to get to the profile screen to send them a messege???

streetracer
10-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Give it time guys, We (The RCCA Forum Staff and Tech Group)are finishing up the final steps now to getting the site back to normal. Things will only Progress from here. ;)