seanmanibog
10-20-2007, 04:15 PM
On your new PE1 tempgauge. :D

ericem
10-20-2007, 04:35 PM
What's? Eric made a tempgauge !!

HarryCallahan
10-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Need more info.Especially as we all know that a temp. gauge is pretty insignificant......don't tell me that he's copped out?
:huh:

HarryCallahan
10-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Oh and just to er smooth things...a temp gauge is ok for a noob...but really you should tune by ear!:)

rccardude04
10-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Say what? lol. Is this an internet scam... :p
-Eric

seanmanibog
10-20-2007, 05:14 PM
In the new issue of Rccaraction, it says you were featured for the "You said it", Sorry if I ruined the suprise!

rccardude04
10-20-2007, 05:23 PM
LOL I don't really read the magazine :-X Got a link? LOL
Or at least scan the page? I'm curious...
At least tell me what I said! :p
-Eric

seanmanibog
10-20-2007, 08:14 PM
well, thats insanely weird, it says the person who submitted it was rccaradude04. ?????? I'll take a picture!

seanmanibog
10-20-2007, 08:22 PM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/seanmanibog/PA200059.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/seanmanibog/PA200057.jpg

rccardude04
10-20-2007, 08:48 PM
I do believe that was a post I made here. Close enough.
Where's my prize? :D
-Eric

seanmanibog
10-20-2007, 08:49 PM
ok good, im not crazy! lol

rccardude04
10-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Nope. That was in my little rant about "race rollers are the end of the hobby."
Company A is proving me correct very quickly.
-Eric

metalry101
10-21-2007, 02:26 AM
Nope. That was in my little rant about "race rollers are the end of the hobby."
Company A is proving me correct very quickly.
-Eric
Nice rant...I agree 100%. Congrats on winning man.

As for Company A...aka Losi...what a joke. 2 years ago they were a killer race company that offered some Mini's and RTR's to help increase profits and expand the brand name. Now that the Losi family is gone, Horizon is whoring the name out to every piece of crap product they can get their hands on. The Raminator? Who the hell approved the idea of taking the already fragile, underpowered, essentially garbage original Mini LST and slapping a new body on it while removing one of the motors? I mean really...has there ever been a more useless "hobby quality" r/c? It looks super cool...but my God it's a crappy, crappy, crappy truck. The Losi name and brand is done as far as I'm concerned. I may buy more stuff from them in the future...especially if they come out w/ an LST3 or something of that nature, but it will be despite the Losi name on the box, not because of it.

seanmanibog
10-21-2007, 04:27 AM
agreed.

rccardude04
10-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Theres another thread with the debate running around here somewhere... It was at the top before the server crashed and we had to revert back to early September. That's the proper place to discuss the issue. :)
A quick jab though... my gripe is not and never was with RTRs. It's with these new "race rollers" that seem to be popping up.
-Eric

adrcracing
10-21-2007, 10:59 AM
That's funny, it says [email] at the bottom. So the mag just plucked it off the forums and printed it? Did the mag ever contact you for an address to send the prize to? Or was printing you got it enough work for them?

rccardude04
10-21-2007, 11:47 AM
probably was enough work.
I haven't been contacted but I bet they have my info somehow... We'll find out lol
-Eric

ericem
10-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Eric your famous!!

QUAKE&SHAKE
10-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Nice rant...I agree 100%. Congrats on winning man.

As for Company A...aka Losi...what a joke. 2 years ago they were a killer race company that offered some Mini's and RTR's to help increase profits and expand the brand name. Now that the Losi family is gone, Horizon is whoring the name out to every piece of crap product they can get their hands on. The Raminator? Who the hell approved the idea of taking the already fragile, underpowered, essentially garbage original Mini LST and slapping a new body on it while removing one of the motors? I mean really...has there ever been a more useless "hobby quality" r/c? It looks super cool...but my God it's a crappy, crappy, crappy truck. The Losi name and brand is done as far as I'm concerned. I may buy more stuff from them in the future...especially if they come out w/ an LST3 or something of that nature, but it will be despite the Losi name on the box, not because of it.

So what a change of heart you have remember your post below in the mlst forum.
I was one "bitching" then, still do, guess I was right all along. I knew I was though. I've been calling them LOUSY instead of losi ever since I bought that POS mlst.

What's with the bitching? Yes, the truck has had some problems, but so does every other truck, and for the price and size, the MLST, despite a few problems, is a rockin' good truck. Show me another 1/18 truck that's as good at such a wide variety of things. The MLST handles well, is somewhat fast and torquey, easy to work on, super cool looking, jumps well, rallies the dirt, etc. Most 1/18's are worthless in the dirt. None of the jump worth a damn...or I guess I should say land worth a damn. Despite the monster truck ground clearance and CG, and relatively narrow track width, the MLST rallies the track with the best of them (especially with the Insane motors that have enough power to burn all four so you can drift the corners). Yes, it definately has had it's issues...the hexes, diffs, and knuckles are all weak points. The worst part about the truck IMO is the center diff. What the hell were they thinking? Overall though, I think they did a great job with the truck...it's a solid package out of the box, and the potential is just amazing. IMO the only other 1/18 with as much ass kicking potential as the MLST is the Mini Inferno.

Anyways...I'm really happy with the truck so far. It seems like a lot of people are complaining or looking for more...are there other people out there like me, who think that the truck rocks...especially with a couple mods? I haven't had any problems with the drivetrain at all, and I've had the Insane motors in it from the very first battery pack. I'm abusive as hell on the throttle, and I've rallied it around the race track and in the snow and everything, and the drivetrain hasn't given me any trouble at all. The only trouble I've had is a defective reciever...but I bought a new one and haven't had a single hiccup since. No glitching, no nothing..it has worked as well or better than the XS3 that came with my LST since I replaced the Rx. It's been rock solid, and every time I drive it I'm amazed at how well sorted the thing is. It's a bit nose heavy so you've gotta keep it pinned in the air or it'll land smack on the bumper, but other than that, it drives like a dream. Am I the only one with this experience?

apollo
10-21-2007, 11:48 PM
pssht....you dont get noted for writing a great FAQ guide but you get printed and given a temp guage for dissing a company, this system is flawed :P

metalry101
10-21-2007, 11:55 PM
So what a change of heart you have remember your post below in the mlst forum.
I was one "bitching" then, still do, guess I was right all along. I knew I was though. I've been calling them LOUSY instead of losi ever since I bought that POS mlst.
That post was made back when I had a MLST...like what, 2 years ago? Your opinion on some things hasn't changed in a couple of years?

rccardude04
10-22-2007, 12:52 AM
LOL @ Apollo.
Oh well. You win some, you lose some.
quake&shake, metalry - take it elsewhere.
-Eric

Grant Tokumi
10-22-2007, 02:39 AM
congrats rccardude04. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit skeptical that you would actually receive this temp gauge. Please let us know if you receive it. Call me a cynic, but seeing that no one has contacted you yet regarding this prize, and they probably don't have your address, it might just be an empty ended marketing strategy to add this vapor prize into the magazine. It's still a flattering gesture nonetheless to see your name in the magazine. :)

rccardude04
10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah I feel special.
I'm ready to start whining nice and loud if they don't contact me sometime though. :)
-Eric

MattHiggins
10-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Well, I just got back in the office. rccardude04, please PM your address, so I can send your prize.

QUAKE&SHAKE
10-22-2007, 01:16 PM
LOL @ Apollo.
Oh well. You win some, you lose some.
quake&shake, metalry - take it elsewhere.
-Eric
1st-
Take what elsewhere?
Im in agreement with metalry and you. These cheap rtr (i.e. m-lst) can be the downfall of the hobby.

Losi lost me as a customer because of it.

Just think of a new person to the hobby that bought one and had the issues, has no clue how to change an internal gear, most likely wont want to bother with another vehicle rather gives up the hobby. Like you stated going in the gutter.

2nd
If there was "something" I would not go elsewhere but continue it here, to spite you. :)

rccardude04
10-23-2007, 12:28 AM
There's a thread I made a while back to discuss this issue. It should be floating around somewhere. Feel free to revive it. It's a good thread.
Matt: Already done :D
-Eric

ironoutlaw
10-26-2007, 08:31 AM
wow your famous and you get prizes

rccardude04
10-26-2007, 10:06 AM
wow your famous and you get prizes

Haha... Something like that. Y'all kinda tried to kill my point in your response in the magazine. I think you should let me type a reply for next month.
-Eric

ironoutlaw
10-26-2007, 10:15 AM
i agree also on the rtr's i read the article but never put two and two together , that it was you until i read this ,im searching for the other thread you spoke of

adrcracing
10-26-2007, 10:21 AM
I think the point was to try and explain why the manufactures do what they do. I think your right. If I can't build it, I won't buy it. A kit has always separated hobby quality from toys, at least for me anyway. The line between hobby quality and Toy is getting fuzzy...

88Buckaroo88
10-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I saw the paragraph in the new issue. Nice work.