PDA

View Full Version : Traxxas V Twin E-MAXX Due out in December

Jason MaxAmps
10-24-2007, 02:51 PM
While at the I-Hobby Expo this past weekend Traxxas had this little terror at the show.........well after two days of nothing but "make it I'll buy it!" comments they came down to our booth and annouced that they will be out in December of this year. Yes a Twin VXL powered E-MAXX. You can see all of the picture here....... http://www.maxamps.com/alley/thumbnails.php?album=36 2 pages of the beast that was reported to have destroyed the tires after about 6 runs with a pair of our MaxAmps.com 3S 5000's in it. Check it gang it is sharp!

thanks Team Traxxas

Jason
MaxAmps Marketing Manager
jason@maxamps.com
www.maxamps.com

SS Pede
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
So that's 6s capability total? Oh man...

helotaxi
10-24-2007, 09:20 PM
No, it's 2 separate 3s setups. Each motor has its own ESC and 3s battery pack.

Interceptor
10-24-2007, 09:24 PM
That little sucker is going to cost, but man, is it cool.

XXWoodmanXX
10-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Cripes. That setup is going to leave even the most veteran of R/C hobbyists crying in the corner from it's whopping pricetag.

SS Pede
10-24-2007, 09:56 PM
No, it's 2 separate 3s setups. Each motor has its own ESC and 3s battery pack.

I know, but since you have two systems doesn't this essentially equal one 6s system?

Maxximus50
10-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Tower has the new E-maxx (brushed) listed for $524.99!

I bet the Brushless (V-twin) will be around $700.00!

I don't care I want one!!!!! BAD!!!!!

XXWoodmanXX
10-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Yes, since the power delivery is 2 sequentially-discharging 3s lipos. :)

Adanmtxt1
10-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Tower has the new E-maxx (brushed) listed for $524.99!

I bet the Brushless (V-twin) will be around $700.00!

I don't care I want one!!!!! BAD!!!!!

What are you talking about? It is listed at a reasonable $369.99 like Horizon. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTJR4**&P=7

Brushless will be more expensive, but not $700. Probably closer to $600.:D

SS Pede
10-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Brushless will be more expensive, but not $700. Probably closer to $600.
I'm betting more like $450 to $500.

4wdmt
10-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Hmmm. This is posted in the traxxas forum by a traxxas employee (regarding this brushless E-Maxx release):

Gentlemen, I'm not sure where these rumors have started, but there will not be a V-Twin E-Maxx in December.

The reason we brought the V-Twin Concept truck to the show was to guage interest and show hobbyists what could be possible. What we had said is that if there was overwhelming demand, we may take the truck into production. This should not be confused with us saying "The truck will be here in December" which seems to be thought on the forums.

What we are saying however, is that the new 3905 E-Maxx will be available in time for Christmas around the beginning of December, so keep your orders in place- there may not be many to go around.[/B]

Maxximus50
10-25-2007, 06:38 PM
What are you talking about? It is listed at a reasonable $369.99 like Horizon. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTJR4**&P=7

Brushless will be more expensive, but not $700. Probably closer to $600.:D

The day Traxxas announced the new E-maxx Tower had it listed for 524.99.

With a price of 369.99 I say the V-twin will be $550ish.

They will make it, you know the demand is there. I would buy 1 for sure.

Maxximus50
10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
And when are they (Traxxas) going to update the 4-tec and give it the brushless (velinion) treatment?

Tower has the 4-tec listed as disc.

Ball Racing
10-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Tower often list Lots of things as discontinued.
Often of which they are not.

andystoybox
10-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Hmmm. This is posted in the traxxas forum by a traxxas employee (regarding this brushless E-Maxx release):

Gentlemen, I'm not sure where these rumors have started, but there will not be a V-Twin E-Maxx in December.

The reason we brought the V-Twin Concept truck to the show was to guage interest and show hobbyists what could be possible. What we had said is that if there was overwhelming demand, we may take the truck into production. This should not be confused with us saying "The truck will be here in December" which seems to be thought on the forums.

What we are saying however, is that the new 3905 E-Maxx will be available in time for Christmas around the beginning of December, so keep your orders in place- there may not be many to go around.[/B]

Hmm, would this be the same person who posted that the NEXT thing from Traxxas would be a body line? I would figure for their bottom line that the smart money would be in releasing the new truck, selling a ton of Emaxxes as well as Velineon motor/speedo combos and then releasing the truck complete with all the fixings.

Maxximus50
10-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Maybe we should start a POLL:

1.WILL Traxxas release the V-twin concept E-maxx?? Y/N

2.SHOULD Traxxas release the V-twin concept E-maxx?? Y/N

I say YES to both! C'mon Traxxas if you build it they will buy! I will also!

But I still want a E-Revo too.....and a Mini Maxx line....Brushless 4-tec......etc.

4wdmt
10-26-2007, 12:17 AM
andystoybox. I don't know if he is the same person. But he just posted in traxxas forum:

What I am saying is that the 3905 E-Maxx will be in stores in December. If there will be a V-Twin truck and it was theoretically given the green light today, it would take a near miracle for you to see them in stores by December. This is what makes the rumor so far fetched.

I am just watching this very closely since I want to buy the new E-Maxx. Now if they decided to "suddenly" introduce a brushless E-VXL line in a matter of months and price difference will be not more than 150, I'll be pissed off. Now if the difference is in the 200 and above range and going to be out by late next year, thats ok.

For the POLL, I say YES to everything (1&2).

andystoybox
10-26-2007, 08:39 AM
I agree about timing for releasing the brushless version. You and I both know that they will do it at some point. They are in business to make money though. If they can sell the lower cost version, they are going to make better margins. If someone else gets a similar product that is actually good, then they need to realign themselves as the pacesetter. They are probably more profitable with the lower performance model because they can offer it for $400 rather than throw in $200 worth of equipment and only be able to recoup the $200 when they sell it for $600 or less on the street.

As far as models go, I would think that when the time comes, there is a market for the V-Twin or even a single system (probably sold as a V-Maxx). Look at the T-Maxx being dumbed down as an S-Maxx and think about all the people who bought that. Look at the XL-5 Stampede and Velineon Stampede. After all the people bought the base one a while back, they went trotting back to the store and bought the "faster" one and are contemplating the Velineon one as well.

As far as the comment about a Mini-Maxx, how many of you here would really be interested in one and how much do you think it's worth. Would a kit offering be of more value or an RTR? The reason that I ask is because there are already many different versions of the 18T and Mini-T and MLST out there. It would have to be alot different for it to work out in todays market.

Jason MaxAmps
10-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Yup it seems that the sales manager at the show got his wires crossed with all of the show confusion. He gave us the wrong info. Thge Twin brushed powered water tight E-MAXX will be the December release. Sorry but we'll have to wait to see if they go with Twin VXL. But for those that can't wait you can upgrade the brushed one on your own with either a single BL motor which they sell a mod kit for or by just buying 2 VXL systems and going that route.

Jason
Maxamps Marketing Mananger

Maxximus50
10-28-2007, 06:04 PM
If they did come out with a mini -maxx line I think it should be priced at around $200, close to the mini LST & LST2. They could also make a nitro version, mini nitros seem to be hot too. I think it would work just because it says "Traxxas" and "MAXX" on the box or ad. You said it too, just like the S-Maxx. Maxx is a brand all its own.

It would be great if Traxxas started making kits again, like HPI does.

I personally have only owned a micro rs4 as my only mini, but I am really thinking that my next r/c may be a mini LST-2. Everthing els has been 1/10 or 1/8.

4wdmt
10-28-2007, 06:13 PM
It would be great if Traxxas started making kits again, like HPI does.

That would be great!

Maxx-Damage
10-28-2007, 06:51 PM
It would be more than great, it would be awesome! But first they need to update the monster buggy badly, give hpi some competion in the area. Anybody wanna get me a new e-maxx for my b-day or x-mas?...jk

My own question about HPI-is the 5b ss kit, an actual kit, like do i get to assemble it?

josh222
10-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Yes it is an actual kit that you have to assemble.

Maxx-Damage
10-28-2007, 09:11 PM
awesome, now i really want one...not sarcasim.

jocktheglide165
10-28-2007, 11:31 PM
I want one so badly.....that TWIN VXL that is...all packaged nicely by traxxas.

4wdmt
10-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Yo Jock! are you going back to MT scene?

Ball Racing
10-29-2007, 08:18 AM
The twin e-maxx sounds good, but you do realize thats it's just a 3,500 motor, and you want if for under 600 or less dollars,

So to be fast at all YOU will need the two 11.1 volt 6,000 or 8,000 mah
li-po's at alomst 200 dollars a pop?

QUAKE&SHAKE
10-29-2007, 11:57 AM
How long it take to charge 2 packs of 6000mah?

jocktheglide165
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Yo Jock! are you going back to MT scene?

actually I am the Hilux and the new emaxx got me back in :D also waiting on twin VXL of coures once traxxas release it :D

4wdmt
10-30-2007, 12:17 AM
I know what you mean. The hilux is cool and it's already on my holiday wish list (interested only in the body). But since this new E was announced, my buying priority went the other way, lol. I already have an E-maxx converted to 3.3 parts, but still, I'm excited to own this new release.

jocktheglide165
10-30-2007, 05:47 AM
I know what you mean. The hilux is cool and it's already on my holiday wish list (interested only in the body). But since this new E was announced, my buying priority went the other way, lol. I already have an E-maxx converted to 3.3 parts, but still, I'm excited to own this new release.

expenses man I tell ya and then theres the XB version of the high lift I want thats 1k alone from tamiyausa.com only...:( wish it would hit retails though make it cheaper.

whalebone
10-31-2007, 12:55 AM
I want to see one of these hold together with two brushless motor's. I have a hv-maxx 4.5 in my maxx and it blow's diff's,axels,spure gears, and pinion's so if this thing dont have cvd's,metal spure and aluminum diff case's good luck. Look's really cool with two motor's i like it

Smib
11-01-2007, 04:07 PM
I dropped by the site for the first time in months for the soul reason of seeing if a new E-Maxx had been announced. I couldn't believe my eyes. I will probably get this new maxx, but if they were to release the V-Twin, I know I would. Good thing I never bothered to get my old maxx running. :p

chewie
11-02-2007, 11:33 PM
they should have just made the new esc run both brushed and sensorless yes i said it sensorless brushless motors
traxxas sells a aftermarket brushless motor. as a hopup or upgrade for around 90 bux for the motor.
feiago 9l would work fine.
viola..
you have a brushless emaxx