PDA

View Full Version : Fed up.

Pages : [1] 2

seanmanibog
10-26-2007, 02:04 AM
I think I am quitting RC for good. I am really angry with everyone around here that I race with. I am tired of the only da** thing I hear when I call the hobbyshop is how much everyone thinks I suck at driving. No, you can't have that, you need to learn to drive. WHAT THE ****? I am taking in 3rd's and second's in all the races, yet I suck at driving!?!?! All I hear from new people I meet is, "your the kid everyone says sucks at driving!". Im so sick of it, no one has the right to tell me what I can and cannot buy, and how to drive! It has ruined RC for me. maybe I'll sell everything, get a savage, and pound it into the friggin ground until it wont run, then be done with everything. If I sound angry, its because I am. Screw them. Not to mention I hear that the only reason the president of our RC association only helps me out with stuff because he is afraid I am going to destroy his track driving on it. I CRASH AS MUCH AS EVERYONE ELSE! Some of you may think im reading WAY to into this, which I also thought I was. So today I called the hobbyshop and asked if everyone was serious about how bad of a driver I am. I knew if I asked about getting a faster steering servo something would come up about how bad I am. So there I am, on the phone. I say, "Do you think the hitec 5955TG is a good servo?" then I get this reply "that's too fast for you, all it will amek you do is crash more!" then I hear one of the regulars in the backround shout out, "Sean, the only thing you need to do is dial out your servo's to work slower!". What ever. What do all you think? Am I just an over sensitive babie?

AKASHA
10-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Honestly if the people I race (have fun with) were that hard on me I would make it known that if they weren't going to give good advice on how to become more proficient without changing my style of driving, there would be hell to pay at the tracks. Sorry I am just so slow coming out of the corners I just slammed your peicer into the walls, or a nice little budge on the shin around 20 MPH might get some attention. Ya I do have an attitude problem too :P But for them to keep harping on you like that without any valid input on how to help, well ya, would piss me off as well. As for them telling you not to by this or that, ***** wouldn't fly in my book. If I want it who the f^(k is ANYONE to tell me otherwise? its my money and my toyz so piss off lou. LOL

IMO it doesn't matter if you suck at racing or not, the whole idea is to have fun with what YOU are doing. I am pretty competitive at most anything I do, however when racing I zone out in my own world and that is what makes ME content.

rccardude04
10-26-2007, 02:44 AM
I think there's a pretty good possibility that they're just giving you a hard time and you should probably go ask them straight up and find out.
If you don't like shopping there because they tick you off, buy stuff online. The absolute best thing you can do is kick their butts, especially if they are being serious.
Take video of yourself driving and I'll tell you if you suck or not. :)
-Eric

FESTER2004
10-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Sean- your track & hobby shop sounds like a bunch of butt munches!!!!RC's should be fun!!!they should really help instead of making you track gossip!!!!!nobody can tell you what to buy!i would find somewhere else to race or maybe take a break!as for driving,just keep practicing!!!you'll get and who knows maybe you will make them eat their words!!!!i hope a few bad apples wont make you leave a wonderful sport!!!good luck man!

clockworks
10-26-2007, 03:04 AM
Sounds a bit harsh. Are you sure that they aren't just ribbing you?

Every club has drivers who are either slow, or crash a lot, or both. Ours certainly does, and they don't get shouted at unless they crash on purpose. The normal advice they get is to slow down a bit, and pull over when the better drivers try to pass them.

I'm an average driver, normally finish about halfway in the results. I try and let the quick drivers pass me. If I impede or hit someone, I apologise. Not had any trouble.

ironoutlaw
10-26-2007, 08:22 AM
i agree i would not let anyone tell me what i can or cannot buy, *** maybee you are too nice of a guy and so they think they can pick on you and you will take it so they make them selfs feel better, and dont show any emotions when they do it just buy what you came for and say have a nice day idiots, this is a recreational sport unless you are on the proffesional level, if you pay to be a part of the club than be a part of it dont quit something you like because of other people, lifes too short find a hobby and enjoy it , if they still bother you find someone who is real big and have that person tease everyone else :)

rhcsavage21
10-26-2007, 08:29 AM
don't talk to them anymore, get your stuff online, if people at a hobby shop are going to act like that they don't deserve your business. continue to go to the track, if some one starts something ignore them, its the fact that there getting a response out of you is the reason they continue to do it.

adrcracing
10-26-2007, 10:05 AM
After the start of the race, do a u turn, go the wrong direction, go head on with the leaders. Lol Then ask, was that any better?

Seriously, I too think you should ask them straight up what the deal is? Let them know your about to quit, ask them if that is what they want?

rccardude04
10-26-2007, 11:18 AM
After the start of the race, do a u turn, go the wrong direction, go head on with the leaders. Lol Then ask, was that any better?

Seriously, I too think you should ask them straight up what the deal is? Let them know your about to quit, ask them if that is what they want?

Haha! Awesome idea. If they're going to give you crap, give it right back.
Honestly though, talk to them and see what the deal is. They'll either go "oh crap we're sorry didn't think it was getting to you" or just give you more crap. Either way, at least you will know the truth.
-Eric

AE_racer38
10-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Sean, which shop was it? I am AEracer40 on our home forum. If you can give me an idea who it was, i can tell you if they are serious or just giving you crap. Either way, don't get upset, just show them on the track.

Jack Smash
10-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Sean, if that's the way one of the businesses in our town are treating you, you need to switch to one of the other shops. If you need help on anything, you can always hit me up on our forums. I haven't heard anything about your driving but I hang out at HPH and am not really involved in any of the cliques that seem to pop up. I just try to help everyone that wants it.

kikcaffine
10-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Well when some dumb as$ redneck said something very similar to me I just keyed his truck and left. It felt good not going to lie.

ironoutlaw
10-26-2007, 12:16 PM
thats funny - probualy deserved it

AE_racer38
10-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Well when some dumb as$ redneck said something very similar to me I just keyed his truck and left. It felt good not going to lie.
That wouldn't fly here! There would be two people going to jail after that. You for keying my car, and me for stomping a mudhole in your a$$!
I lived in Norcross for four years. I don't think it would fly there either!

Adanmtxt1
10-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I guess this is your decision, but just because you do not like the people with whom you race and associate yourself does not mean you have to leave a hobby that you can potentially enjoy by yourself or with your family or a small group of friends. I see a number of people say "I don't like the LHS", or "I don't like the people on the Internet RC forums", and then they leave the RC hobby. I'm always like ooohh kaaaayy.......

Personally, my LHS is alright, but most of the staff isn't the best and they don't have all the stuff I need. I can just order stuff from Tower and get it in a couple days rather than waiting a week for the LHS to order stuff, then driving there and back. (I will say Tower doesn't carry Hakko soldering irons). But the point is that even though the LHS isn't the best, my RC hobby doesn't revolve around them; it revolves around my interest in the rc vehicles. I love the little engines, tuning suspensions, brushless and brushed motors, battery tech, tires, new bodies, etc etc, and even if I had to do it alone I would.

Point: if you enjoy the vehicles and don't mind the cost of maintaining them, stay with it. If you don't like it, then bail out. But don't bail out because the children (both those who are young and those who are old but act as children do) on RC forums and in the shop and on the track are annoying. That just doesn't make any sense. Take a breather from these forums and focus on the actual hobby and see whether you feel staying with it makes sense for YOU. Then, make a decision based on that.

Just have fun with it! That's what they are for!! srsly.

seanmanibog
10-26-2007, 01:46 PM
i agree i would not let anyone tell me what i can or cannot buy, *** maybee you are too nice of a guy and so they think they can pick on you and you will take it so they make them selfs feel better, and dont show any emotions when they do it just buy what you came for and say have a nice day idiots, this is a recreational sport unless you are on the proffesional level, if you pay to be a part of the club than be a part of it dont quit something you like because of other people, lifes too short find a hobby and enjoy it , if they still bother you find someone who is real big and have that person tease everyone else :)

That's the part that is irritating me the most! I can honestly care less what they think about my driving, its just if im calling to ask about a damn part, answer my question! Don't tell me I can't have it because im not a good enough driver!

Honestly if the people I race (have fun with) were that hard on me I would make it known that if they weren't going to give good advice on how to become more proficient without changing my style of driving, there would be hell to pay at the tracks. Sorry I am just so slow coming out of the corners I just slammed your peicer into the walls, or a nice little budge on the shin around 20 MPH might get some attention. Ya I do have an attitude problem too :P But for them to keep harping on you like that without any valid input on how to help, well ya, would piss me off as well. As for them telling you not to by this or that, ***** wouldn't fly in my book. If I want it who the f^(k is ANYONE to tell me otherwise? its my money and my toyz so piss off lou. LOL

IMO it doesn't matter if you suck at racing or not, the whole idea is to have fun with what YOU are doing. I am pretty competitive at most anything I do, however when racing I zone out in my own world and that is what makes ME content.

Yeah, I really don't know. I mean, they throw all truggies together regardless of experience, so of course, im not as good as all these guys with their 1,500 dollar machines, I mean god, im running a mantis with a metal geared steering servo!

I actually did that this morning. They are all dead serious about my driving abilites.

Sean, if that's the way one of the businesses in our town are treating you, you need to switch to one of the other shops. If you need help on anything, you can always hit me up on our forums. I haven't heard anything about your driving but I hang out at HPH and am not really involved in any of the cliques that seem to pop up. I just try to help everyone that wants it.

Yeah, there's no way I should really go to places where all they do is rag on me about my driving, my cars, my buying and selling of cars, I mean god, they find whatever seems to be wrong all the time. I saw HPH for the first time the other day, and I was amazed at how much more stuff it had there. I will give that place a try, since it sounds like its pretty good. That is another thing that irritates me. I don't like going to the hobbyshop and hearing everyone talk crap about everyone. "Oh yeah, he'll see who's boss next race". I mean, who cares!!!

Sean, which shop was it? I am AEracer40 on our home forum. If you can give me an idea who it was, i can tell you if they are serious or just giving you crap. Either way, don't get upset, just show them on the track.

Tell you the truth, Dave D, Dan, Andre, and according to mark SEVERAL other people that come through the shop are pretty disgusted with my driving. Unfortunately, I won't be making the last race.

All you guys are all right. No one has the right to tell me about what I should and shouldn't do, what I can and can't buy, etc etc. It would be helpful if instead of people saying s*** like Dave said the other day after he did a couple laps with my Mantis, "Bet you've never seen your truck go around that track so fast and ACTUALLY under control there, have you junior! You need to learn how to drive!", or stuff like, "All you need to do kid is get SLOWER servos, not faster ones!" they could say like, "Hey Sean, you wanna go to the track so I can help you out with learning how to drive it?". I mean, that would be alot better. The whole entire reason I got into RC is because I LOVE customizing my things into truly unique things that have the parts on them that I like, the bodies that I picked out, and the way of driving that I like!

I mean, for instance, i'm sure alot of you have seen the vantage pipe that I got. That to ME, is VERY VERY cool, and that is how I like my truck. So I walk into the hobbyshop to show them my new pipe! I am all excited, I think they are all going to think its awesome! I walk in, set it on the counter, and take the body off. First thing they say, "Oh, I can't wait until I slam into you next race day!" "Why did you get that POS?" "See you when you come in to buy a new pipe!" so I try explaining to them the whole thing about the video of the guy beating the living s*** out of a vantage pipe with a piece of steel. First thing they say "Let me go fire up my Firehammer and we will just see!". I mean comon!

NotWalkinBlind
10-26-2007, 03:33 PM
It sounds like those guys are real jerks with the "Oh, I can't wait until I slam into you next race day!" "Why did you get that POS?" "See you when you come in to buy a new pipe!"

Some people are just that; jerks.

However, that doesn't mean that your driving doesn't suck.

I'm not trying to offend you, but it really might suck.

There was a guy in our club who had as much experience as anybody, and his driving really did suck.

He drove like a chimp. It was full throttle all the time... no finesse.

He was always tearing up his stuff... and sometimes other people's stuff too... because you never knew when his car was gonna change direction or lose control and slam into a barrier. This was 1/12th onroad and later, 1/10th offroad.

Try to drive smoothly... watch the most consistent racers when they're out there practicing... watch their truck, truggy... watch the line they take.

The next time you're practicing, try to run that line... use less throttle and ease into running faster times around the track... learn the smoothness and the line, gradually increase your speed as you're able to hold that line and be smooth.

Smoother is faster.

Try not to think of the track as a bunch of straightaways connected by corners.

http://www.drivingfast.net/techniques/track_corner.htm

xfusion
10-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Just get out of the hobby and quit bitching. Just a suggestion, take up knitting... you'll find that the old women are quite sweet, and they'll definitely enjoy the company.

seanmanibog
10-26-2007, 03:47 PM
your a good friend too xfusion. I hope you've had a good time on the forums.

No offense taken NotwalkingBlind! That is good info that I always try to follow. About the nutty driving, the thing is I don't drive crazy. I don't drive crazy smashing into stuff, Im not tearing the little barriers off, I just drive. Several members of my family (including my cusin who has no problem telling me what he thinks) say that im just as good as most the people out there. I think I am going to the track sometime during the week when there is no one there, I'll take a video of how I drive.

marca
10-26-2007, 04:01 PM

No offense taken NotwalkingBlind! That is good info that I always try to follow. About the nutty driving, the thing is I don't drive crazy. I don't drive crazy smashing into stuff, Im not tearing the little barriers off, I just drive. Several members of my family (including my cusin who has no problem telling me what he thinks) say that im just as good as most the people out there. I think I am going to the track sometime during the week when there is no one there, I'll take a video of how I drive.

and if u dont mind try and catch those idiots in the backround insulting you. and no need to quit the hobby. there must be some track around there or another hobby shop?

NotWalkinBlind
10-26-2007, 04:05 PM
"Several members of my family (including my cusin who has no problem telling me what he thinks) say that im just as good as most the people out there."

If that's true, then these jerks are probably just trying to get inside your head, tick you off, and keep you coming in 2nd and 3rd.

You know how in basketball, one guy on your team is supposed to push and nudge the best player on the other team so he'll get mad and not play as well?

Like that.

Of course, your family members could be lying to you... after all, they do have to at least pretend to like you.
:D

ericem
10-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Wow *** is wrong with these tards at your track?? Are they all little kids? I wouldn't tell them anything. Actually if I was in your shoes I would get a savage and bash the crap out of there cars and never go back to the track again. If your getting 3rd they should stop being jealous. As far as I think they should go to *&**. I don't think I would quit the hobby.

Have you hit anyones cars though? Maybe you beat the crap out of one guys car and he got really angry. Still they have no right to talk like that unless they are little kids. Get a video if possible. We will tell you if they are correct or not. Even if you suck at driving they should not be repetitively making fun of your driving skills.

With me I have hit many cars at my track, then again I am also with my other buddies and we are pretty big (all in the 6ft+ range and over 150lb's) :D

I wouldn't loose sleep over them telling you how bad your driving is. I would just purchase everything online and not race at that particular track. If they want to make fun of you, you shouldn't give them your business. Save some $$ and purchase stuff online.

xfusion
10-26-2007, 04:29 PM

Don't call me your friend, even if sarcastically, it's embarrassing.

ericem
10-26-2007, 04:34 PM

Aw :(

Adanmtxt1
10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
I agree with xfusion's comment on the b!7(|-|1n6, but not with his attitude. Srsly, it's annoying to hear people threaten that they are getting out of the hobby; it sounds like someone threatening to commit suicide who really doesn't want to, but simply wants attention. If you want out, get out. Say good bye, and leave. Use the forums to sell your stuff and just leave without creating threads with your bad language and highly-charged attitude.

zepplin
10-26-2007, 04:59 PM
I have a question sean, how old are you. dont take this the wrong way, im asking because if you are say, 12, racing with 16 year olds and such, of course they are going to rib you. Then again, if you are the same age or older, then they need to just pipe down. I personally would go to a different track, practice, practice and practice some more, return to the offending track, and show them up, consistently. Remember one lucky win isnt going to get you off their "dislike" list. As for the pricks at the hobby shop, I would never, ever buy anything there again, period. The owners of the shop need to realize that you support them, without the customer, the shop does not exist. Yes, you might only be one customer but in todays era of e-commerce, every customer at the little shops is rather important. Also, you are one customer that can and probably will take a couple if not many more customers elsewhere with you. Try a different hobby shop, if you have them and just disregard the existence of the offending one.

marca
10-26-2007, 05:08 PM
I have a question sean, how old are you. dont take this the wrong way, im asking because if you are say, 12, racing with 16 year olds and such, of course they are going to rib you. Then again, if you are the same age or older, then they need to just pipe down. I personally would go to a different track, practice, practice and practice some more, return to the offending track, and show them up, consistently. Remember one lucky win isnt going to get you off their "dislike" list. As for the pricks at the hobby shop, I would never, ever buy anything there again, period. The owners of the shop need to realize that you support them, without the customer, the shop does not exist. Yes, you might only be one customer but in todays era of e-commerce, every customer at the little shops is rather important. Also, you are one customer that can and probably will take a couple if not many more customers elsewhere with you. Try a different hobby shop, if you have them and just disregard the existence of the offending one.

well to answer your question he is 16(checked in his profile). well i just happen to be the same age and when i attend my hobby they look at me and give me this weird face. as if im some retard but the shop owner or worker doesn't.

So from my guess the guys your racing with are probably around 25-35 and are acting like jerks just because your younger. are you the only sixteen year old racing?

RCMadMatt
10-26-2007, 06:15 PM

How about jacka-- then? You're an ambarassment. Sean, it sounds like they are just a bunch of morons who get off on picking on the new guy. Ignore them when they talk to you, and take your business online.

Matt

rhcsavage21
10-26-2007, 07:39 PM
find another track, bash people up side the head with that vantage pipe, no one desevres that.
dont go to that hobby shop again. like i said they dont deserve your bussiness, make your own track :)

seanmanibog
10-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Wow *** is wrong with these tards at your track?? Are they all little kids? I wouldn't tell them anything. Actually if I was in your shoes I would get a savage and bash the crap out of there cars and never go back to the track again. If your getting 3rd they should stop being jealous. As far as I think they should go to *&**. I don't think I would quit the hobby.

Have you hit anyones cars though? Maybe you beat the crap out of one guys car and he got really angry. Still they have no right to talk like that unless they are little kids. Get a video if possible. We will tell you if they are correct or not. Even if you suck at driving they should not be repetitively making fun of your driving skills.

With me I have hit many cars at my track, then again I am also with my other buddies and we are pretty big (all in the 6ft+ range and over 150lb's) :D

I wouldn't loose sleep over them telling you how bad your driving is. I would just purchase everything online and not race at that particular track. If they want to make fun of you, you shouldn't give them your business. Save some $$ and purchase stuff online.

Nope, havent hit anyone. I mean of course, we all bump occasionally at the start of the race, other than that, no. The only other time I have really "hit someone" was when I came around the corner and he flamed out right in front of me, and I spun him around. No damage, just spun him around. There aren't any other tracks around here, but there is one more hobbyshop that is quite bigger, its just a little further away. Its brand new, the one Jack Smash talked about. I think I will do what I really want to do. That is make my mantis into something that I really like. My mantis is just as durable if not more than my savage, and heck, its faster =]. Yeah, I think I am going to start buying stuff online. easier, and cheaper alot of times.

"Several members of my family (including my cusin who has no problem telling me what he thinks) say that im just as good as most the people out there."

If that's true, then these jerks are probably just trying to get inside your head, tick you off, and keep you coming in 2nd and 3rd.

You know how in basketball, one guy on your team is supposed to push and nudge the best player on the other team so he'll get mad and not play as well?

Like that.

Of course, your family members could be lying to you... after all, they do have to at least pretend to like you.
:D

My cousin is my age (15) and he is one of those hardcore skater I don't give a F#%^ kids, and I can bet that what he says is truthful, considering 99.99% of the time he's a di** to everyone. lol.

I think alot of the guys are unhappy with the fact that I have placed twice already, alot of the people out there with their super nice trucks and stuff haven't placed once all season. I kinda get what you mean.

crazy4wdracer
10-26-2007, 08:59 PM
If they piss you off anymore when they are not looking I would go up to their cars and loosen every wheel nut, then when they go over a jump all off their wheels fly off, then tell them "even if I can't drive at least I can keep the wheels on my car" LOL! And I agree with the hitting the cars and the u-turn idea. It is not all messing around, if they go too far that is deflamation of character and there is serious punishment for that.
Something similar to this happened at my local track this summer, the guy said that this is deflamation of character and he told the track owner that he could shut down this place any second with people picking on my kid, they never came back, and if this a$$hole has anything mean to say to me I will give him a piece of my mind, I will guarantee you that.
Do you have any other local tracks to go to?

mikemaxx14
10-26-2007, 09:05 PM
what! this is gay dude forget them buy your stuff online and and show up one day and if they ask u where u got it tell them u got it online because you dont want to give buissenes to a bunch of a$$ holes that make fun of their customers!

AKASHA
10-26-2007, 09:12 PM
First thing they say, "Oh, I can't wait until I slam into you next race day!" "Why did you get that POS?" "See you when you come in to buy a new pipe!" so I try explaining to them the whole thing about the video of the guy beating the living s*** out of a vantage pipe with a piece of steel. First thing they say "Let me go fire up my Firehammer and we will just see!". I mean comon!

Next thing out of my mouth, go fire your LITTLE pos firehammer up and well see how it fairs against my Jeep here, With evil thoughts of jumping my jeep on their jumps lmao.

BTW tire size has been increased since that pic was taken ;) 33X12.50 and damn do I need to regear it now, 27" stockers on 3.55 gears worked very well however 33's on 3.55's DOESN'T

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/crzystng/a4f42cc1.jpg

crazy4wdracer
10-26-2007, 09:16 PM
I like that idea:D

AKASHA
10-26-2007, 09:21 PM
I like that idea:D

Fight fire with fire ;)
Really, all in all it sounds like a big pissing match, the kinds I like as I DO HAVE THE BIGGEST PECKER LMFAO :cool:

rhcsavage21
10-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Fight fire with fire ;)
Really, all in all it sounds like a big pissing match, the kinds I like as I DO HAVE THE BIGGEST PECKER LMFAO :cool:
i think that would qualify as "fight fire with bigger fire"

AE_racer38
10-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Sean, ignore those idiots. From what i have seen of those guys you mentioned, they are all a litle low in the self esteem department. They have to make others feel bad in order to make themselves feel good, because they all have no life, no love in their lives, and no sense. Go see Jack at HPH. He will hook you up!
Don't let a few idiots run you off the hobby you love. There are far more of us that are happy to see more young guns in the hobby.

kikcaffine
10-26-2007, 10:24 PM
^ actually it wasnt in norcross where any of it happened. It was south georgia. Second full size v6 f150's are a heck of alot slower than blown tCs

AKASHA
10-26-2007, 10:49 PM
^ Second full size v6 f150's are a heck of alot slower than blown tCs

They will also run out of fuel LONG before my JEEP will ;) (even though she only gets 15MPG LOL) its a Cherokee not a ford :P and you know nothing of what I have under the hood of her either ;)

seanmanibog
10-27-2007, 02:16 AM

Marca answered your question for you. You're exactly right, little does the hobbyshop know how many people in my family are into RC, and how many people I know are in to RC. Alot of the have heard this story, and aren't going to that LHS anymore.

well to answer your question he is 16(checked in his profile). well i just happen to be the same age and when i attend my hobby they look at me and give me this weird face. as if im some retard but the shop owner or worker doesn't.

So from my guess the guys your racing with are probably around 25-35 and are acting like jerks just because your younger. are you the only sixteen year old racing?

I'd say most of them are atleast mid thirties with the exception of a few. I don't think they like seeing kids beat them.

Fight fire with fire ;)
LOL!

Sean, ignore those idiots. From what i have seen of those guys you mentioned, they are all a litle low in the self esteem department. They have to make others feel bad in order to make themselves feel good, because they all have no life, no love in their lives, and no sense. Go see Jack at HPH. He will hook you up!
Don't let a few idiots run you off the hobby you love. There are far more of us that are happy to see more young guns in the hobby.

Thanks, I had pretty much figured that they were **coughcough** losers and their whole life revolves around going to the hobbyshop. I am going to start to go to HPH. (as the other hobby shop says, "High Price Hobby" pssh!) I really do love this hobby, its just lately since i've started racing I have started liking it less and less. I think if I just go back to what I had been doing before, just having fun, doing what I want, etc. I will find I still love it.

rccardude04
10-27-2007, 07:11 AM
"My name is xfusion and I have a terrible inferiority complex so I get into fights with kids on the internet to make myself feel better." Seriously, come on dude. Do you have any idea how pathetic that is? Either start helping people and stop being a jacka-- like Matt said, or go away.

Anyway, sean ... I think I know what it is. You found that little click of guys whose life revolves around toy cars and they do all they can to make everybody else feel stupid. Basically, they're an embarrassment to the hobby like xfusion is an embarrassment to the forums. Life wouldn't be interesting unless we had people like that to one-up later on in life. Their time will come. :)
-Eric

xfusion
10-27-2007, 09:44 AM
"My name is xfusion and I have a terrible inferiority complex so I get into fights with kids on the internet to make myself feel better." Seriously, come on dude. Do you have any idea how pathetic that is? Either start helping people and stop being a jacka-- like Matt said, or go away.

Anyway, sean ... I think I know what it is. You found that little click of guys whose life revolves around toy cars and they do all they can to make everybody else feel stupid. Basically, they're an embarrassment to the hobby like xfusion is an embarrassment to the forums. Life wouldn't be interesting unless we had people like that to one-up later on in life. Their time will come. :)
-Eric

I talk the way I do because I'm not like you who relies solely on the internet to make friends. I bet when you're at school you sit alone, or sit with a select few other outcasts. Be critical about yourself before you try to be critical of others... you'll see you're far worse off than I.

rccardude04
10-27-2007, 10:50 AM
lol. Yeah that's it. I'm glad you know me so well.
Hey everybody! xfusion just made me realize, over the internet, that all of my friends aren't real. It's all just a big dream. I'm really the most alone person in the universe. All because of xfusion I can now go on and live my life.
Get over yourself. Seriously. Your ego probably doesn't even fit inside your car.
-Eric

zakerid
10-27-2007, 10:56 AM
I talk the way I do because I'm not like you who relies solely on the internet to make friends. I bet when you're at school you sit alone, or sit with a select few other outcasts. Be critical about yourself before you try to be critical of others... you'll see you're far worse off than I.

please... if you do not having anything nice to say, do not say anything at all. I thought that was a standard practice for most civilized people.

Turd Ferguson
10-27-2007, 12:36 PM
I think I am quitting RC for good. I am really angry with everyone around here that I race with. I am tired of the only da** thing I hear when I call the hobbyshop is how much everyone thinks I suck at driving. No, you can't have that, you need to learn to drive. WHAT THE ****? I am taking in 3rd's and second's in all the races, yet I suck at driving!?!?! All I hear from new people I meet is, "your the kid everyone says sucks at driving!". Im so sick of it, no one has the right to tell me what I can and cannot buy, and how to drive! It has ruined RC for me. maybe I'll sell everything, get a savage, and pound it into the friggin ground until it wont run, then be done with everything. If I sound angry, its because I am. Screw them. Not to mention I hear that the only reason the president of our RC association only helps me out with stuff because he is afraid I am going to destroy his track driving on it. I CRASH AS MUCH AS EVERYONE ELSE! Some of you may think im reading WAY to into this, which I also thought I was. So today I called the hobbyshop and asked if everyone was serious about how bad of a driver I am. I knew if I asked about getting a faster steering servo something would come up about how bad I am. So there I am, on the phone. I say, "Do you think the hitec 5955TG is a good servo?" then I get this reply "that's too fast for you, all it will amek you do is crash more!" then I hear one of the regulars in the backround shout out, "Sean, the only thing you need to do is dial out your servo's to work slower!". What ever. What do all you think? Am I just an over sensitive babie?

Kinda makes me glad that I buy my stuff online and bash by myself. But honestly, I wouldn't let people treat me like that, and a shop like that can shove it and I would do business elsewhere. Have fun with your cars and f*** those mother f'ers:D

rhcsavage21
10-27-2007, 01:24 PM
do you have a name for this hobby shop??? mabey a phone # pleaseeeee :D

ericem
10-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Ya you have a phone number? If a whole crap load of us call them they will probably f' off. We will say were your friend or cousin something like that.

rhcsavage21
10-27-2007, 02:07 PM
were sean possy XD

xfusion
10-27-2007, 02:58 PM
There's a reason why I can get away with what I say and not get banned. It's not a secret at all; I say what other people can't, or do not have the balls to say. Now that this info has been leaked, I might get banned :p

If I do, just remember this: a lot of you are whiny, spoiled, annoying, egotistical, boastful, uneducated twits who have sever social problems that other people have to put up with. Of course I am going to get flamed for writing this, but a lot of you are oblivious to your own flaws and I pity you for not recognizing them and correcting your behaviour.

rccardude04 you're a prime example. I'd rip on you more, but you won't learn. Unless someone kicks the living crap out of you, there's no hope in hell for you, you're just that belligerent and oblivious... at least you are over the internet. I'm sure you'd be much different in person, where there is no 1000km comfort barrier between you and the people you annoy...but that's ok, I do believe in karma and you'll get yours one day.

rhcsavage21
10-27-2007, 03:07 PM
you sound like a spoiled rich kid to me XD

RCMadMatt
10-27-2007, 03:36 PM
There's a reason why I can get away with what I say and not get banned. It's not a secret at all; I say what other people can't, or do not have the balls to say. Now that this info has been leaked, I might get banned :p

If I do, just remember this: a lot of you are whiny, spoiled, annoying, egotistical, boastful, uneducated twits who have sever social problems that other people have to put up with. Of course I am going to get flamed for writing this, but a lot of you are oblivious to your own flaws and I pity you for not recognizing them and correcting your behaviour.

rccardude04 you're a prime example. I'd rip on you more, but you won't learn. Unless someone kicks the living crap out of you, there's no hope in hell for you, you're just that belligerent and oblivious... at least you are over the internet. I'm sure you'd be much different in person, where there is no 1000km comfort barrier between you and the people you annoy...but that's ok, I do believe in karma and you'll get yours one day.

You say the things you do because you don't care that these forums have rules that you seem to think do not apply to you! Your language is offensive and has no place on these boards. I have no idea why you haven't been banned yet. You probably will eventually. And I will smile. You've probably been banned before with a different user name, and came skulking back as 'xfusion'.

As far as rccardude04 is concerned- I work with Eric at our lhs here in Wichita. Belligerent and oblivious? Hardly. Eric is one of the nicest, and possibly the smartest guys, I've ever met. And that's coming from someone who works with engineers in the aerospace industry!

I could care less about a 1000km "comfort barrier", xfuzion. I would give you the same respect in person that you're receiving on these boards - zero. You are the belligerent and oblivious poster on these threads.

You say that you say these things because you have the "balls" to say them. That's a laugh. You're using your "comfort zone" to be a d-ck. Some big man you are!

Matt

xfusion
10-27-2007, 04:12 PM
you sound like a spoiled rich kid to me XD

I can assure you that I'm not. I pay my own way through life with my own sweat blood and tears. Maybe that's why I'm the way I am, you people don't appreciate what you got, that's why you go off on tangents over people disrespecting your driving. There are bigger issues in life.

AE_racer38
10-27-2007, 04:18 PM
There are bigger issues in life.
Then why are you here acting just like the guys Sean is talking about? Let it go, and move on.

catchin air
10-27-2007, 04:18 PM
its ok x they just dont understand that you recently stop your ridlin treatment

catchin air
10-27-2007, 04:22 PM
sean dont let the a-holes ruin what you like to do
you could come to my lhs and they might give you a hard time BUT if you needed help they would be the first to offer it. at my lhs they guys there know who keeps there place open. sound to me the lhs you visit dont know the power of the people.

xfusion
10-27-2007, 04:23 PM
its ok x they just dont understand that you recently stop your ridlin treatment

you shouldn't talk unless you can put a proper, coherent sentence together.

catchin air
10-27-2007, 05:06 PM
sorry professor did not know i was being graded

seanmanibog
10-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Ok guys, take it elsewhere. About the phone number, its not worth just causing more crap for not only me but the stuff that is already going on with that place.

catchin air
10-27-2007, 05:21 PM
sorry sean just hate to see people getting treated like they dont need to be in the hobby when it is all about having fun some take WAY to serious

Demon-TC3
10-27-2007, 06:04 PM
a lot of you are whiny, spoiled, annoying, egotistical, boastful, uneducated twits who have sever social problems that other people have to put up with.

a lot of you are oblivious to your own flaws and I pity you for not recognizing them and correcting your behaviour.

ROFL im sorry, but did anyone else spot the irony in this?

Anywho, sean, at my track im picked on as being the "hazzard" at the track - not seriously mind u, just as a joke. If i was you, i would try just taking a light hearted approach to the issue and rather than critisism, take it as advice, if someone told you a servo is too fast, they may be talking from experiance (not always mind you) obviously tone of voice plays a large part of it but obv you cant express that on the net :P.

Still, you may have tried, but still, try just laughin with the drivers if they do make fun of you and if they do say "its too fast for you" ask, why, whats the reason and what can i do to compensate for whatever issue...

Im not sticking up for them, just thought i may look at it from another point of view.

Also, XFusion - whats your problem? its an RC forum none of us care about anyone's background or what our problems are, we are here to discuss RC related issues, if you want to be insultive and abbusive your in the wrong place.

seanmanibog
10-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah, the guy who said the comment about the servo has been in the hobby AT MOST 3 months.

rccardude04
10-27-2007, 07:54 PM
First of all, Hi Matt! :D Thanks for the backup :p
xfusion, you say we have flaws, yet refuse to notice your own. You say I annoy everybody, but that's also been proven otherwise. You say I'm protected by a 1000km barrier, I say when are you coming to visit? Anything else you feel like pulling out of your butt while you still can? It's like magic I swear.

seanmanibog (Can i call ya sean?), you should take video of yourself driving on a track. We'll tell you if you suck or not. And if you do, we might be able to offer some helpful advice as to how to not suck and go beat up on people at the track.
-Eric

rhcsavage21
10-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Ok guys, take it elsewhere. About the phone number, its not worth just causing more crap for not only me but the stuff that is already going on with that place.

darn and i wanted to do the hole refrigerator joke :D

actual i really want to see how bad these people are, posing as a nub and recording the hole thing :)

andystoybox
10-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Why doesn't everyone just poke their "internutz" (grown larger than life because you are behind a monitor and keyboard rather than face to face) back into their pants and go on with life. I have looked through a lot of the posts by those of you who are arguing and it seems like the same sand box crowd. Why is it that no-one out there can just get together without needing someone to pick on to make themselves feel better? And when you get it dished back, you run to mods as quick as you can to make yourself look better. I have done the same thing myself -- as a pimply faced pre-teen. GROW UP! and if you want to leave, DON'T PUT OUT A SUICIDE NOTE!!!! It makes everyone want to make comments when they don't really need to and the whole situation escalates.

seanmanibog
10-27-2007, 10:06 PM
First of all, Hi Matt! :D Thanks for the backup :p
xfusion, you say we have flaws, yet refuse to notice your own. You say I annoy everybody, but that's also been proven otherwise. You say I'm protected by a 1000km barrier, I say when are you coming to visit? Anything else you feel like pulling out of your butt while you still can? It's like magic I swear.

seanmanibog (Can i call ya sean?), you should take video of yourself driving on a track. We'll tell you if you suck or not. And if you do, we might be able to offer some helpful advice as to how to not suck and go beat up on people at the track.
-Eric

Yeah, feel free to call me Sean. I just got some brand new crimefighter MTR's and rims in the mail today, I will probably get out to the track next weekend to take a film.

darn and i wanted to do the hole refrigerator joke :D

actual i really want to see how bad these people are, posing as a nub and recording the hole thing :)

U have PM.

MaximumF350
10-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Do as Smash and AERacer say. Go to HPH or CKRC. Either of those shops will take care of you in a friendly way.

I think you should get a 1/10 TC and race at HPH with us this winter. Jack will take care of you and answer all your questions. The onroad will make you a better driver, so you can come back in the Summer and really take names on the offroad track.

catchin air
10-27-2007, 11:29 PM
i agree maximum if you can master tc you can drive anything
but moving from mt to tc can be a difficult move. that is where i am and the tc you can drive the mt you hold on to

seanmanibog
10-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Aren't them 1/10th scale's pretty expensive?? I saw some people on the track the other day and it looked like a whole heck of a lot of fun.

catchin air
10-27-2007, 11:38 PM
all rc can b expensive

MaximumF350
10-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Aren't them 1/10th scale's pretty expensive?? I saw some people on the track the other day and it looked like a whole heck of a lot of fun.

It's can be but doesn't have to be. You can get an old AE TC3 for under $100 and be competative with that.

seanmanibog
10-28-2007, 01:09 AM
hmm. Will definately look into that if I can. Hopefully I don't like this too much, or else I will start spending a bunch of money on on-road stuff too. lol.

kikcaffine
10-28-2007, 01:22 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/awatson46/ethuggin.jpg

seanmanibog
10-28-2007, 01:57 AM
LOL!!!! They forgot to have one guy with a potbelly. lol.

Demon-TC3
10-28-2007, 07:14 AM
lol, i missed the part about you being an offroad guy - anywho, yea TC is one of the more difficult classes to master, but its also one of the most easy ones to get a hang of and learn with. the simple reason is that when you change set up on a TC, you can realise it instantly cos the track is uniform, outdoor or offroad, your track is constantly changing so what works on one section may not work on another.

As for a car, if your running stock (usually a little cheaper than mod - less speed less to break) but by no means easier (in stock, taking a good line is critical because you cant rely on pure speed to make up for bad driving).

As mentioned, a tc3 running stock is one of the best entry cars arround - its solid, can be set up for any track condition and parts are still plentifull. OH and its cheap (compared to most other cars currently arroun). i used to have one and honestly can say for a starter car it was excellent. If you have a little more cash, look into a tc4 racer kit (FT kit is a little confusing and weak)

Anywho, touring car is a good way to hone your driving skills and setting them up (takes allot of time) but is a little easier.

NotWalkinBlind
10-29-2007, 08:14 AM
E - T H U G

Don't fark with me... I wear undies
with my badazz sideways cap. :cool:

andystoybox
10-29-2007, 10:03 AM
The funny thing about the picture is it represents the way about half the racers around me look and dress anyway. Just switch out the gun for a radio.

rccardude04
10-29-2007, 12:10 PM
lol. Nice.
I should add that you should probably remove the picture because the language may cause some moderator issues. :) At least edit it.
-Eric

NotWalkinBlind
10-30-2007, 04:16 PM
lol. Nice.
I should add that you should probably remove the picture because the language may cause some moderator issues. :) At least edit it.
-Eric

Well, as you have now found out, E-THUGS do not respond to your little weenie E-SUGGESTIONS.
:p:cool::D

t3oc45
10-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I can honestly say I laughed when I red your post Sean. It's a hobby, IE: FUN!

TAKIN' NAMES AND KICKIN' ASS

andystoybox
10-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Great!!! Now Eric will get quoted in the Mag as being Mr. Nice and Friendly towards all the thugs 'fo shizzle'

rccardude04
10-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Hah. I'm just friends with everybody :D ... except xfusion.
-Eric

seanmanibog
10-30-2007, 06:44 PM
LOL! That's great!

Demon-TC3
10-30-2007, 06:55 PM
-Eric

Dont blame you to be honest.

ericem
10-30-2007, 09:26 PM
-Eric

:eek: LOL

ironoutlaw
11-02-2007, 03:20 PM
:eek: eric , you are on xfusion's sh** list now

ericem
11-02-2007, 03:29 PM
xfusion is banned. Fair well good friend :(

seanmanibog
11-02-2007, 05:24 PM
:'(. Lets all take a moment of silence.

PARRRTYYY TIMEEE!!!!!!

XXWoodmanXX
11-02-2007, 05:39 PM
xfusion,

Your time here,.....has ended. :p

zueslilbuddy
11-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Ok back to your thread starter Sean.
If your pulling of 2nd and 3rd's it cant be many that are whining about you unless its the guys that you are beating.
Jelously is a common thing in RC racing.
I used to race on road with a peice of junk and win all the time and got the same treatment as you are getting.
Be like a duck with water and let the insults roll off your back.
Just keep on keeping on.
Some day the guys your beating will just give up the bitching and ask for advice.

seanmanibog
11-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Your exactly right zues. It's all the guys in the truggy class giving me the crap. They aren't going to be happy when I come back next year, because my truck will not be even close to stock. I will really be kicking ***** and taking names then.

zueslilbuddy
11-02-2007, 07:57 PM
:driving::winner:

seanmanibog
11-02-2007, 09:39 PM
lol.

AKASHA
11-02-2007, 09:52 PM
xfusion is banned. Fair well good friend :(

Ding Dong the witch is dead :wave:

marca
11-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Your exactly right zues. It's all the guys in the truggy class giving me the crap. They aren't going to be happy when I come back next year, because my truck will not be even close to stock. I will really be kicking ***** and taking names then.

now thats the attitude every one likes:D:teacher::teacher:

seanmanibog
11-02-2007, 10:07 PM
:driving:

lol. I have an awesome steering servo in the mail too. Futaba S9451. Almost the best one that they make. Should make a difference. Also got a retarded good throttle servo that is already sitting on my desk. Cirrus P-CS704MG, 193oz of torque and .15 transit time. think that's good 'nough for my throttle. lol.

seanmanibog
11-02-2007, 10:09 PM
4.8V 96.6 oz-in. 0.13 sec/60
6.0V 120.8 oz-in. 0.10 sec/60

Thats the specs on the futaba for my steering.

zueslilbuddy
11-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Get used to the speedy steering.
But when u do wooo haaaaa responsiveness

seanmanibog
11-02-2007, 11:01 PM
lol, what exactly do you mean? Once I get used to it, it will be awesome? lol

zueslilbuddy
11-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Well remember steering before the turn because of the slight delay in response, the delay wont be there.
Hit steering and it will respond when you tell it to.
Congrats

AKASHA
11-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Just wondering here, but why are you planning on using the lower powered servo for steering? It has always been my assumption in this game that is it better to have more power on the turning wheels than not enough? at the same time I do realize that you want the absolute fastest responding servo on the throttle/brake with enough force to do the job.

seanmanibog
11-03-2007, 03:53 AM
I thought I would want a faster servo on steering?? Wouldn't you think?? I am still getting 120+ oz which is good.

XXWoodmanXX
11-03-2007, 06:56 AM
I thought I would want a faster servo on steering?? Wouldn't you think?? I am still getting 120+ oz which is good.

I'd say today, 120 oz. is "decent". I mean,....it's no 5995 servo with nearly 400 oz. at your disposal, which is what ALOT of these guys are running now-a-days. But hey,...if you think that's all you'll need, then that's all you need. :)

ericem
11-03-2007, 10:24 AM
I suggest you get a servo with more then 150oz of torque and at the speed below .15 if you want to feel a difference.

AKASHA
11-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Ace R/C DS1313 Super Torque Digital Servo
Transit time: 0.13 sec/deg @ 6V
Torque: 12.5 kg/cm (173.6 oz/in) @ 6V
$79.99

Hitec HS-5985MG Ultra Torque Digital Coreless Metal Gear Servo
Transit time: 0.16 sec/ 60 deg. @ 4.8V, 0.13 sec/ 60 deg. @ 6.0V,
Torque: 10.4 kg/cm (144 oz/in) @ 4.8V, 12.4 kg/cm (172 oz/in) @ 6.0V
$89.99

About the only ones I can find that are under .15 and still have over 150oz/in
I am not sure how much you need for the steering, but would imagine 100+ should be plenty for most throttle/brake systems. You just want a really fast servo in place there to keep any response lag to a minimum.

seanmanibog
11-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Alright, so which should I put on throttle, and which one on steering?

PS: I am going to the track today and will take a video. I wont have the new servo's installed though.

AKASHA
11-03-2007, 06:00 PM
If it were me I would put the Cirrus P-CS704MG 193oz of torque and .15 transit time on steering duties and the Futaba 6.0V 120.8 oz-in. 0.10 sec/60 on throttle duties.

seanmanibog
11-03-2007, 06:04 PM
alrighty. I mean .15 is better than the .23 than im getting from my S3305, I should be able to notice it right??

AKASHA
11-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Absolutely positively yes lol

seanmanibog
11-03-2007, 08:09 PM
lol ok.

Just got back from the track!! Video is uploading to You Tube. It may be awhile before I post it because we are going somewhere and if the video isn't done by the time we leave I will post it when we get back.

XXWoodmanXX
11-03-2007, 08:20 PM
As for servo "usage", I've noticed that a mid-torque/hi-speed servo is great for throttle/brake. Something over 100 oz would be great, so that you could place a decent throttle-return spring on it, and get amazing throttle response.

Steering-wise, ultra-torque/mid-speed is the way to go. I have a CEN aftermarket servo that does 210 oz and .16s @ 6.0v and my Integy throttle/brake does 120 oz. and .13s @ 6.0v

seanmanibog
11-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Ok so I should be good with the .15 on steering and the .10 on throttle?

AKASHA
11-04-2007, 12:38 AM
should be more than good, should be golden with that combo. BTW hurry up and post the video damnit lol

seanmanibog
11-04-2007, 12:52 AM
im getting really pissed! Youtube failed to upload it once, and my video editing software isn't working right. I am going to try and upload the damn thing again

seanmanibog
11-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Robitronic Mantis - On the Track.
00:00
This is me driving my robitronic mantis at our local track. This was my first time driving on this layout, apperentally the local This is me driving my robitronic mantis at our local track. This was my first time driving on this layout, apperentally the local RC association had changed it for the last race of the season which I unfortunately missed. For being my first time on the track and for it being dry and all rutted up from race day, I did alright. (more) (less)
Tags: robitronic

Views: 0
Comments: 0
Added: November 03, 2007, 09:58 PM
Broadcast: Public | Uploaded (processing, please wait)
Raw File: Mantis1.WMV

That's what it says in my My videos right now. lets hope it flippin works this time.

seanmanibog
11-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Robitronic Mantis - On the Track.
01:07
This is me driving my robitronic mantis at our local track. This was my first time driving on this layout, apperentally the local This is me driving my robitronic mantis at our local track. This was my first time driving on this layout, apperentally the local RC association had changed it for the last race of the season which I unfortunately missed. For being my first time on the track and for it being dry and all rutted up from race day, I did alright. (more) (less)
Tags: robitronic

Views: 0
Comments: 0
Added: November 03, 2007, 09:58 PM
Broadcast: Public | Failed
Raw File: Mantis1.WMV

seanmanibog
11-04-2007, 01:07 AM
screw me. I'll try again and rename the file to its original.

seanmanibog
11-04-2007, 01:27 AM
ok, I just paid 25 dollars for a movie format converter. If that doesn't work, im going to be mad.

seanmanibog
11-04-2007, 01:37 AM
FINALLY!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWWkxHImTEY

Remember, my first time on that track layout. I didn't know they had changed it for the last race. It was also pretty rutted up and dry.

Oh, and at 35sec-40sec I was trying to adjust my throttle trim for a little bit more braking

AKASHA
11-04-2007, 01:44 AM
I think a better steering servo will help a ton on that track. I don't see too much to complain about with your driving style EXCEPT how you keep blipping the motor. that is also prolly costing you a bit of time as well. IMO and my style of driving just keep it constant. you don't have to go ballz to the wall everytime ya know, which you obviously weren't. Just try to smooth it out some more. Other than that just keep learning the new layout and get used to the feel of it, my 1/2cent worth.

seanmanibog
11-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Yes, I should be getting my new throttle servo tomorrow, and I will install them both. The only reason I was blipping like that is because it was only my 2nd tank on that track so I was trying to not go real fast. Maybe if im lucky I can get back out to the track tomorrow, but I doubt it. I mean, you can pretty much see in this video that I don't suck like people say. Its not a very good example (for the reasons already known) but it gets the point across.

GTX
11-04-2007, 02:20 AM
If you want to shut 'em up good - beat 'em. Practice, tune, and ask us for help. Post in the right sections and do some searching. When you win, make it VERY apparent to them that THEY need driving lessons and shouldn't worry about new parts. Say the same things they said to you, but with more attitude and rudeness. Show 'em how it feels to be talked to like that. If you want to quit after that, go ahead, you earned it.

seanmanibog
11-04-2007, 02:37 AM
Yes, sure as hell will. My truck is at the optimum tune I've been able to get it to (running at a steady 223) and runs like a champ. I am going to be getting a new motor here shortly that has a wider range.

seanmanibog
11-04-2007, 02:39 AM
I really need help with my diff's though. I don't know what I should fill them with. I have a feeling if I put actual diff fluid into my diff's, my truck will handle a bizzilion times better.

Giant655
11-04-2007, 06:34 AM
Uh... yes they would lol. I was watching your vid there man, you arent doing too bad at all. Like akasha said, you were kinda over blipping, but other than thatm you have all the right things going on, good air control, nice corner speed for a first run day, staying in the center of jumps. What are these guys talking about who are hare-assing you lol? so far from that vid you havent shown me you suck at driving as they say lol. Like everyone else has been saying, just practice man, thats all its gonna take to get better. If you were to ask me to race and set up a car at the pace I can run today on the very first day I showed up to a race- uh uh. I had a bone stock hyper 7 complete with AM radio LOL and horrible GS storm tires, they only thing I was missing was my newb frequency flag on the end of my antenna LOL

Blacktiger
11-04-2007, 07:40 AM
I agree, you are doing great so far. As said, try to smooth out the throttle a bit more. It will help make laps more consistant. As with any new track, learn the in's and out's and when and where you can stand on the gas, or need to just hold a line at a smoother pace. And as pointed out earlier, if you get the chance, try some onroad. It will greatly improve your driving and how you think about the track as you race.

I race with Giant655 alot (both on and offroad) and we are pretty good friends. We both have come a long way in a short period of time. Just keep practicing when ever you can.

Keep your chin up and stick it to those yahoo's that are giving you crap.

And yes, diff fluid will greatly improve the performance on the track.
I did some checking and it seems most guys run the following diff setup on the Mantis.

Diff :10k center, 7k front, 5k rear.

rhcsavage21
11-04-2007, 07:49 AM
thats bad driveing?? wow i really really suck!! :eek:

XXWoodmanXX
11-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Nice vid, but WOW!.........lots of throttle blipping. lol

seanmanibog
11-04-2007, 12:26 PM
they only thing I was missing was my newb frequency flag on the end of my antenna LOL
LOL!!! I did that my first race.

Nice vid, but WOW!.........lots of throttle blipping. lolYes, lol, way too much throttle blipping. I just watched it again and yeahh lol.

As far as my diff's, how hard is it to take em out and change em? I know I gotta clean em out and crap, and I've never really cared about diff's since I was always a basher. Where can I get diff fluid? I have looked at my mantis, and it seems like I could pretty much get to my diffs easily, but im unsure.

And thanks everyone for the nice comments. This is what was making me so mad. I thought to me that it looked like my driving was good!! I mean, sure its going to be a little different in the races (i.e. when your trying to pass someone) but for the most part its pretty separated anyways.

chewie
11-04-2007, 04:05 PM
you might not want ten k in the center diff espically if the track id dusty and rutted if you were to put five k in the center it would make the front tires spin more from takeoff. makeing the car more drivable. which would be your freind. it will be softer on the start but pull down the straights..
10k is just extreme.
youd only wanna use that on a high bite track.
imo

rccardude04
11-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah you're fine.
They just don't want you there because they know you'll kick their butt sometime.
They're scured! :D
-Eric

seanmanibog
11-04-2007, 06:23 PM
lol. scured!!

Well my truck is in pieces on the dinner table (:P), I have the cirrus installed just waiting to be put on the truck, I need to wait for my throttle servo to get here tomorrow. Then we will see how much a of a difference it makes. Next thing I want to do is change my diff fluid.

chewie
11-04-2007, 08:00 PM
you might as well as do it while its in peices

youll notice a big difference in throttle/brake responce.. once you go hispeed youll never go back. :wave:

seanmanibog
11-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I wish I could but im a little short for money right now. I will be back on here getting help for sure once I buy some fluid which will be soon.

I cant wait to test out my new servo's tomorrow.

chewie
11-04-2007, 10:49 PM
remember to repeak up the reciver pack.. those servos will be a bit more demanding than your stockers

ericem
11-04-2007, 10:58 PM
sean, you should see me driving at the track with bald tires!!! LOL was the most fun thing ever, for me atleast. That looked like awesome driving. I guess the old people are just jealous of your skill with a STOCK trug. XD

seanmanibog
11-05-2007, 12:25 AM
remember to repeak up the reciver pack.. those servos will be a bit more demanding than your stockers

I have a brand new receiver pack coming to me in the mail, but how do I repeak them anyways?? Does that just mean top them off more?

sean, you should see me driving at the track with bald tires!!! LOL was the most fun thing ever, for me atleast. That looked like awesome driving. I guess the old people are just jealous of your skill with a STOCK trug. XD

lol! Ive seen some people with bald tires on that track before. it was funny! I think it does irritate them that their 1,500 dollar jammins and 8ight's are being kept up with by some rookie with an RTR. lol.

chewie
11-05-2007, 01:12 AM
yeah just to recharge..
thats all.

not that your a noob. but hate to see that thing run away with your new servos in it.LOL

seanmanibog
11-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Yeah I always bring a charger to the track and hook it up to the battery on our car, and charge between races. Plus, if you cant see in the video, not towards the street but the opposite way there is a big ditch with an almost river sized stream going through it. We have already lost a few cars to it.

mugenX5
11-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Smoother throttle and maybe some heavier fluids in the diffs. I'm assuming the Mantis only has grease in the diffs, which will make it rather squirrelly on the track. As for servos, the 9451 for steering, and a torque servo for throttle. Speed isn't as important for throttle as most engines are like light switches anyways, on or off. I've used the 9451 for steering in my Savage and it works perfect.

It sounds like you don't know much about rc if you're unaware on how to change diff fluids. And calling up the hobby shop asking what to buy. Could it be that you call them with too many questions and they feel your just a pita?

I'd say from the video your driving isnt too bad, but your the only one on the track too. Throw in a couple other vehicles, and things change quickly.

Budget racer
11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Are you really placing 2 & 3, all the time with a truck without its diffs setup:rolleyes:? If so then go find another track to race on, and a hobby shop that will help you.
Respect is something you have to give to get back. Meaning if a faster guy is coming up on you, pull to the side and let him pass by clean. Don't try to race someone faster then you, it ends up bad for both. If you are really faster then him ,you will catch him on his next mistake and make him work for it.
You want to be fast?
Make sure the next time the fast guys are on the track, you are checking out thier driving style and their line.
If you run away from them then they win....:eek:
If you can't hang with the big dawgs, stay on the porch.............:D
Hang in there and come out swinging next year.;)

Demon-TC3
11-05-2007, 12:18 PM
your driving isnt half bad bud, not by a long shot - mastering jumps is not an easy feat.

As people have said, yes you are very blippy with your throttle, you need to be as smooth as possible (not as easy offroad as onroad i will admit but its still very important). being smooth helps be more consistant and hence your lap times will go down and you will make less errors (not saying you do anywhay...)

When i decided i wanted to really pick up the pace in my TC, what i did was disable the brakes (well, took em down to about 5%) this meant i had to be smooth on the throttle as i couldnt hammer on and off. it did help allot on TC but probably wont on offroad... still, try to be smoother.

Good luck to you,
Demon

(P.S if you do start winning races, dont rub it in, the fact that you stay quiet about it shows matturaty and it means u wont be at war with the other guys at the track - its a good way to make things better)

NotWalkinBlind
11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
you need to be as smooth as possible

That NotWalkinBlind dude was saying that on the first page of this thread.

:cool:

:D:p:D

seanmanibog
11-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Smoother throttle and maybe some heavier fluids in the diffs. I'm assuming the Mantis only has grease in the diffs, which will make it rather squirrelly on the track. As for servos, the 9451 for steering, and a torque servo for throttle. Speed isn't as important for throttle as most engines are like light switches anyways, on or off. I've used the 9451 for steering in my Savage and it works perfect.

It sounds like you don't know much about rc if you're unaware on how to change diff fluids. And calling up the hobby shop asking what to buy. Could it be that you call them with too many questions and they feel your just a pita?

I'd say from the video your driving isnt too bad, but your the only one on the track too. Throw in a couple other vehicles, and things change quickly.

I decided to put the S9451 on throttle duties and it makes a tremendous difference, and the Cirrus does its job quickly on the steering.

Saying that I don't know much about RC because I don't know how to change diff fluids isn't very understandable in my book. I just haven't even done it before. I have taken apart and put back together basically every part on an RC except the diff's because they scare me. lol. I don't see how calling them to ask if a servo is good then ask them if they can order it for me is being a PITA.

As far as throwing in a few other vehicles, did you miss the parts about me racing???

Are you really placing 2 & 3, all the time with a truck without its diffs setup:rolleyes:? If so then go find another track to race on, and a hobby shop that will help you.
Respect is something you have to give to get back. Meaning if a faster guy is coming up on you, pull to the side and let him pass by clean. Don't try to race someone faster then you, it ends up bad for both. If you are really faster then him ,you will catch him on his next mistake and make him work for it.
You want to be fast?
Make sure the next time the fast guys are on the track, you are checking out thier driving style and their line.
If you run away from them then they win....:eek:
If you can't hang with the big dawgs, stay on the porch.............:D
Hang in there and come out swinging next year.;)

Yes, suprisingly I am lol. The mantis's diff's are much much better set up than regular RTR's that have a little dab of grease in them.

I am a very respectful person all around. I was beat daily for 6 years of my life by my father who was a maniac and made me act on my best behavior 24/7. Half the time I never say anything. When I do, its very polite. So, not bashing you or anything, I really don't think thats the problem.:wave:

I really try to take the skills and driving lines they use and incorporate them into my driving. I am not perfect yet, that was maybe the 10th or 11th time I have really drove on a track with an RC.

LOL, and the thing about pulling to the side, they are so dang fast that they are gone by the time I starting moving over! lol.

your driving isnt half bad bud, not by a long shot - mastering jumps is not an easy feat.

As people have said, yes you are very blippy with your throttle, you need to be as smooth as possible (not as easy offroad as onroad i will admit but its still very important). being smooth helps be more consistant and hence your lap times will go down and you will make less errors (not saying you do anywhay...)

When i decided i wanted to really pick up the pace in my TC, what i did was disable the brakes (well, took em down to about 5%) this meant i had to be smooth on the throttle as i couldnt hammer on and off. it did help allot on TC but probably wont on offroad... still, try to be smoother.

Good luck to you,
Demon

(P.S if you do start winning races, dont rub it in, the fact that you stay quiet about it shows matturaty and it means u wont be at war with the other guys at the track - its a good way to make things better)

Yeah, the jumping kinda happens on its own for the most part, but for some reason I find it pretty easy to acomplish.

I am reallllllllllly trying to work on my blipping the throttle, I know it is horrrrible.

chewie
11-05-2007, 05:49 PM
do what i do and PUNCH IT.. lmao
what are brakes..
if your not makin the corner turn the wheels and punch it some more.. lmao jk..
but one thing to remember when i doubt just punch it..
aka when tumbling.. or crashing.. if your not making it. just pin it.. 9 times outta ten youll land. rollin instead of upside down skidding.

this guy i used to race with. hed be running his truggy itd flip over.. hed punch it and the tires would ballon and catch and flip it over lmao it was the funniest stuff ive ever seen

seanmanibog
11-05-2007, 05:54 PM
LOL! The guys at my track when they flip onto their top, they punch it and rock the car back and forth and when a tire catches all you see is this big friggin truggy tornado and suddenly they are off again. Although, during a trophy race with no turn marshalls, one of the guys was rocking his truck back and forth for about a minute and a half (he was in a bad spot), and his 2 week old OS Speed with the black head went POP! lol

PS: The screws didn't work!!! I think I might have to run up to home depot with my truck today.

seanmanibog
11-05-2007, 08:14 PM
NEVERMIND!! After all day long, the RC gods sprinkled some dust on it and magically it works.

Video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ldpe9jHDHhg

seanmanibog
11-06-2007, 01:59 PM
To make sure everything is all good with the new higher end servo's, I just bought a DX2 brand new off ebay.

ericem
11-06-2007, 02:54 PM
To smart! XD

seanmanibog
11-06-2007, 02:59 PM
huh? lol.

ChrisB17
11-06-2007, 03:01 PM
I had somthing simmilar happen to me. I went in my hobby store to ask them to order me a vendetta st. I said "Hey can you guys order me a vendetta st in orange" The workers reply "Why the hell do you want a vendetta st those are crappy" I said "They got awsome reviews and I hear alot of good things about them and I personaly think they looks awsome" He said "you just like the wing dont you' I said "Fine f-it I will order it off of tower hobbys" Then when I was walking out I called him a C$m guzzler. I dont get "Im a bad driver" Because 1 Im ok at driving and 2 it helps to be 6foot5 and 300 pounds and beable to life your own body weight. It also helps to have a 6foot2 brother so people dont mess with us.

seanmanibog
11-06-2007, 03:05 PM
That's exactly the same kind of crap they give me when I talk about cars I want and stuff down here. I am just now not caring and finally I do like I did before and just get what I want when I want. It's the most irritating !@#% in the world isnt it?

Demon-TC3
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Chris sounds to me like you have a VERY short fuse...and you need to calm down with that. especially in this hobby u need to be calm and patient. if someone tell you something is crap, ask them why? see what their opinion is and maybe they are right.

I dont see why some people are so unwilling to ask for advice. Now im not saying the shop guy traeted u the right way but at least you can ask why?

Peace,
Demon

seanmanibog
11-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Anyways, do you guys think 129.99 for a brand new DX2 will full warrenty and everything is a good deal????

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/seanmanibog/006.jpg

NitroTXT1
11-06-2007, 04:49 PM
a good deal but get a more adjustable radio like a 3pm futaba or something sure it'll cost more but you can do more things on it which will help dial in your radio and stuff...and as far as the people...don't pay em so much mind...people screw wit me to because like you I have a short fuse(don't take that the wrong way) but in the end when i get on the track and whip on em there's nothing left to say lol...and also I win without hacking where as they tend to hack the living bejesus outta me lol...

P.S. when you decide to change the diffs try a 7-10-3 setup it made the car more controllable for me over the stock diff setup...If there's one thing i like about the mantis is that it has a superb amount of steering entering,during,exiting...in other words it keeps it's line...

Demon-TC3
11-06-2007, 04:54 PM
i think the DX3 is only a little more and it has a few more features thant the DX2...may be worth loooking into.

ChrisB17
11-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Chris sounds to me like you have a VERY short fuse...and you need to calm down with that. especially in this hobby u need to be calm and patient. if someone tell you something is crap, ask them why? see what their opinion is and maybe they are right.

I dont see why some people are so unwilling to ask for advice. Now im not saying the shop guy traeted u the right way but at least you can ask why?

Peace,
Demon

I dont have a short fuse. I just am sick of "If we dont stock it its crap" attitude. I also must say RC is much better then paintball when it comes to "Dissing out stuff" In paintball I bought the top of the line $1200.00 gun and walked into the local pball place and the guy started dissing it and dissing me for having it. So I ignored it the first 3 times but every time it got rediculus and I sold that paintball gun and got the one they suggested and it wasnt as good as what I had. So I got another one and they dissed it out. So Finnaly I said im sick of this BS and told the owned and he got it straighned out. But most of there opinions are BS and are the "If we dont stock it it sucks" attitude that gets people pissed.

seanmanibog
11-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Hmm, well the DX2 would do me for now, I bought it just so I would have something nicer that will help with making my truck handle better, after I have my truck at a point where I am happy with it an nothing needs to be changed, I will sell the DX2 and get something else. It should be here in about 3 days.

AE_racer38
11-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Sean, you'll like the DX2. It has the same case and feel as the XS3. It is a good balanced feel. Not too heavy.

NitroTXT1
11-06-2007, 07:12 PM
hey have you started on the hingepin mod yet? i'll snap a couple of pics of the type of screw i used for ya aiight...gonna got work on the mantis right now as a matter of fact lol

ericem
11-06-2007, 07:22 PM
OMG how much more crap do you need in the radio? All it needs to do is control the damn servo's not drive the world and do surgeory and play music!!! That DX2 will be perfect. I still use my XS3 its awesome but I sometimes need to adjust my channel, atleast with spektrum you don't need to worry about interference. Make sure you setup the failsafe in the receiver ok!! Alot of people forget to bind it and it runs off on them.

NitroTXT1
11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
OMG how much more crap do you need in the radio? All it needs to do is control the damn servo's not drive the world and do surgeory and play music!!! That DX2 will be perfect. I still use my XS3 its awesome but I sometimes need to adjust my channel, atleast with spektrum you don't need to worry about interference. Make sure you setup the failsafe in the receiver ok!! Alot of people forget to bind it and it runs off on them.

well i race(or at least i try to) with that being said you need to be able to adjust speeds,throw(epa is adjustable on that radio i know),your dual rates, all of that stuff...I am taking racing serious next year so i needed a radio with more adjustability but for a local track or basher that radio is fine...there's nothing wrong with it..just pointing out another radio

seanmanibog
11-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I just got back in from running my truck with the new servo's, and it almost does stoppies now when I hit the brakes hard. Is it alright if my S9451 is making a buzzing noise all the time? not super loud, just kinda quiet buzzing. steering servo works great.

I think the DX2 will be a good high quality starter radio for me. I eventually will move on to something more sophisticated.

No, I haven't started the hingepin mod yet. I forgot what kinds of screws and stuff you used. Hit me up so I can get everything I need. Next few things on my list are new Diff oil and doing that mod.

ericem
11-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Mine buzz sometimes. If it moves fine I wouldn't be worried about it.

seanmanibog
11-06-2007, 08:17 PM
ok. Don't want to F up my 100 dollar servo.

rezenclowd3
11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
well i race(or at least i try to) with that being said you need to be able to adjust speeds,throw(epa is adjustable on that radio i know),your dual rates, all of that stuff...I am taking racing serious next year so i needed a radio with more adjustability but for a local track or basher that radio is fine...there's nothing wrong with it..just pointing out another radio

You really don't need all those features to race. I have owned a DX3, then moved to an M11, and now use a 3pks w/FASST. I have tried all the features one can use, and have found that I don't like any of them. I use EPA, trim, subtrim and brake endpoint adjustment (ATL on the 3pk). I don't like expo as it gives me less fine control at one end. Anti Lock brakes is not good for servos, and a skilled racer will not need it anyway. The DX2 actually has quite a few features, and the DX2.0 has a few more.

As for servos I prefer a transit speed of .10 seconds or less @ 60 for both steering and throttle. For truggy, a slower transit speed of .15 or less is considered acceptable. If you want a crazy servo for steering, look into the JR 9100T.

rccardude04
11-06-2007, 09:57 PM
My 9351 makes a little bit of that digital servo whine on throttle. The reason is that the brake over-travel spring is pushing against the arm. If you use a spring to hold the carb close that doesn't rely on the servo, your servo won't buzz but I've never had one blow up.

Features I use while racing...
Dual rate, Steering/Throttle expo, failsafes (pcm/spm), ATL (brake fade)

ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY: end points, sub-trim, servo reversing, multi-model memory

Steering speed, traction control, ABS, etc... all are pretty much marketing gimmicks as far as I'm concerned.
-Eric

NitroTXT1
11-07-2007, 01:00 AM
You really don't need all those features to race. I have owned a DX3, then moved to an M11, and now use a 3pks w/FASST. I have tried all the features one can use, and have found that I don't like any of them. I use EPA, trim, subtrim and brake endpoint adjustment (ATL on the 3pk). I don't like expo as it gives me less fine control at one end. Anti Lock brakes is not good for servos, and a skilled racer will not need it anyway. The DX2 actually has quite a few features, and the DX2.0 has a few more.

As for servos I prefer a transit speed of .10 seconds or less @ 60 for both steering and throttle. For truggy, a slower transit speed of .15 or less is considered acceptable. If you want a crazy servo for steering, look into the JR 9100T.

to each it's own i like the extra stuff!!!...also my servos buzz a little to....what i would check is your brake epa though...make sure it's not pulling to hard cause it'll kill your servo...I run dual 5955tg's but the only real reason for this is because my 357 went out(didn't adjust epa accordingly) every since i've fixed that though i've had zero probs...let me know if you need any more detailed info on that truck of yours...i'll give you all the info i have that made mine better...whip some tail at the next race lol

seanmanibog
11-07-2007, 02:44 AM
lol. I cant wait till my next race. I am just going to let my truck sit for a day or two until I get that new radio. I really want a 5955tg for my steering, that would be really great. eventually after I do a few more things like diff fluids / shocks / and the hingepin, I will get around to the stuff thats less nessecary.

NitroTXT1
11-07-2007, 12:23 PM
how new is your truck? you'll find that hingepin mod very necessary once your arms develop a little bit of a warp...i stuck with the stock shocks until i began snapping shafts(then i got tired of that)...diff fluids i couldn't power through corners like i wanted to with stock setup it's almost like i was driving a rwd truck the way it would drive coming out of a corner...and be loose will cost ya...

chewie
11-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Because 1 Im ok at driving and 2 it helps to be 6foot5 and 300 pounds and beable to life your own body weight. It also helps to have a 6foot2 brother so people dont mess with us.

NOBODY CARES....!!!:teacher::wave:

chewie
11-07-2007, 02:17 PM
a good deal but get a more adjustable radio like a 3pm futaba or something sure it'll cost more but you can do more things on it which will help dial in your radio and stuff..

that radio will do everything he needs it to do..
all he really needs.

sub trims.
expo..
dual rate.
end points..
servo reversal .

thats all he needs.

seanmanibog
11-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I looked and its the DX2.0

TKCastle
11-07-2007, 03:56 PM
1 Im the best there is ever going to be at driving and 2 it helps to be 9foot5 and 713 pounds and be able to lift your own Mcdonalds franchise and put it in your back pocket so I can stuff my fat face later. It also helps to have a 4foot6 1/2 brother so people dont mess with us.

chewie
11-07-2007, 04:39 PM
im sure glad that kids a d o u c h e.. at least he can keep himself clean.

im talkin about the one chris kid or whoever posted that useless info

Demon-TC3
11-07-2007, 06:20 PM
NOBODY CARES....!!!:teacher::wave:

ROFL love it!

seanmanibog
11-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Well, while im working on my mantis I have something to atleast keep me occupied now...

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/seanmanibog/PB070131.jpg

mikemaxx14
11-08-2007, 07:15 PM
awsome gst !!!!!!

mikemaxx14
11-08-2007, 07:15 PM
just noticed..it towers over the mantis!!!

ericem
11-08-2007, 07:55 PM
DUDE!! you got a genesis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKASHA
11-08-2007, 08:32 PM
just noticed..it towers over the mantis!!!

What mantis hehe. looks like a lot of fun for the winter time.

seanmanibog
11-09-2007, 03:44 AM
lol. I am supposed to be "fixing it" for someone, but we both knew what really was happening. The thing is brand spankin new basically (6 tanks through it) then it sat because it "wouldn't start". Problem, bad glow plug :P lol. I will really fire it up and tune it in tomorrow because the person i got it from was a noob so its still running rich.

Edit: and yes, this MF'er is huge!!

seanmanibog
11-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I have my DX2.0 and im trying to set it up right. I am getting really irritated right now because whenever I press the brakes and let off, my carburator is half open and I cant for the friggin life of me figure out what is causing it to open like that. When I tap the throttle it goes to idle position. I have NO idea why it is doing that.

NitroTXT1
11-09-2007, 05:35 PM
what's happening is your linkage is probably too loose around the back side of the servo horn(side opposite the carb) so what happens is under braking after you let off because the slider naturally moves a little it doesn't have enough pressure to keep it fully closed...trust me i've had this happen as well and it's very annoying

seanmanibog
11-09-2007, 05:59 PM
ok so which little adjuster do I mess with?? The one that adjusts the brakes or the carb? Which way do I move it?

ericem
11-09-2007, 06:06 PM
I suggest you 0 out the trim that centers the servo. It should be the one on the left of the steering wheel. Push it till it goes to 0. Then Realign your servo by taking off the horn and reattaching where it is sitting so it does not give throttle or brakes.

seanmanibog
11-09-2007, 06:17 PM
the only thing i have adjusted so far is my endpoints, and my dual rates. I have my steering set up great, my throttle is the one im having poblems with.

ericem
11-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Ya push the button on the left of the steering wheel up or down till it goes to 0 then remove the servo horn and set on in place where the throttle and brakes are inactive thats all. OR just push that button up or down till it is set so it doesn't give throttle or brakes.

seanmanibog
11-09-2007, 07:33 PM
ok, I will go try that. even though i think its already at 0.

mugenX5
11-10-2007, 11:13 AM
ok so which little adjuster do I mess with?? The one that adjusts the brakes or the carb? Which way do I move it?

And your going to tune this guys Genesis?

This may be harsh, but you aren't going to learn anything by posting on here and calling your lhs with questions that can be answered by simply using your head.

Way too many questions on here that can be figured out if people spent less time on the computer and more time working on their cars.

NitroTXT1
11-10-2007, 12:03 PM

This may be harsh, but you aren't going to learn anything by posting on here and calling your lhs with questions that can be answered by simply using your head.

Way too many questions on here that can be figured out if people spent less time on the computer and more time working on their cars.

And the point of this response was what? take your useless statements to your own thread...if you don't have a helpful response...then don't post....

sean i don't believe it's a end point adjustment...servo horn could be out or like what i was describing i'll take a pic later tonight

seanmanibog
11-10-2007, 02:15 PM

Ok, first off, your an idiot. If you would actually read what was going on here, it wasn't a question about tuning the damn carb. You are pretty much like them, assuming im a dumbass. I was asking him a question about the MANTIS, since he has had the car longer and knows about a SPECIFIC problem that it has. I'm not a retard, I know how to tune a car, I know how to take the damn things apart and put em back together,do toe in toe out, camber, EVERYTHING really that there is except a couple things like diff's etc. I haven't really ever messed with the adjusters on the THROTTLE LINKAGE before because ive never needed to. I am just new to all this fine tuning for racing and stuff. Get the picture?

seanmanibog
11-10-2007, 02:20 PM
And the point of this response was what? take your useless statements to your own thread...if you don't have a helpful response...then don't post....

sean i don't believe it's a end point adjustment...servo horn could be out or like what i was describing i'll take a pic later tonight

Yes, it was the servo horn was bad. I bought a new one last night. While inspecting the servo horn, I found that the turnbuckle for the brake was bent also. Then I also found the brake pads were shot, so I bought a new servo horn and brake pads last night.

NitroTXT1
11-11-2007, 01:53 AM
cool glad you weeded the problem out...i had it happen on my losi a couple times...and the mantis but with the mantis it wasn't the horn that was out for me...it was the throttle return spring being too loose...so as i said when the carb returned to neutral instead of the spring pushing the slider to keep it closed it would pull open while the servo was returning to neutral..i don't know why it takes the throttle to close it but i think it's because after throttle is applied it presses the slider inward when returning to neutral which makes it close...that'd be my guess...anywho glad you got it fixed and don't let little mugen kid get to ya..he's a nobody

seanmanibog
11-11-2007, 02:41 AM
Mugen isn't really even a part of this whole thing so he has no idea what he is talking about.

Did the mantis come with a throttle return spring?? I don't have one on mine. The problem isnt as bad now, but the carb still isnt closing right. what did you do to fix it?

NitroTXT1
11-11-2007, 04:15 AM
mine did cause the guy modded it himself...all you need to do is put a spring from any kit on there...and make sure that it's fairly tight on the slider using the spring and little grub screw collar...so that when the carb is returning from neutral after braking it puts enough pressure to keep the carb from opening

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/JayEng/Robitronic%20Mantis/LosiKillerMantisProject002.jpg

see the spring...on the opposite end of the slider and the little collar...do that and make it tight...that should keep it shut while it's returning to netural...i had that problem at first when setting that diff up and once i did that it was fixed

seanmanibog
11-11-2007, 04:21 AM
The spring to the right of the receiver box? I have one there but it is a much bigger looser one

NitroTXT1
11-11-2007, 04:49 PM
yea...try to make it a little tighter...that was the problem on mine..so it may work for you

ericem
11-11-2007, 08:56 PM
With my ST-1 truggy. I just removed that spring and used a throttle return spring to pull it back to neutral. This way when you hit the brakes there is no stress from that spring. Maybe the one on the mantis is softer? On my truck is pretty dang solid!

MeBaD
11-12-2007, 10:03 PM
The place I used to race at people where kinda like this but the hobby shop owner was rather cool. I bought my revo and had some trouble tuning and everyone wanted to mess with it. The thing was running terrible and all they could say was spend another 200 bucks for a OS engine. Well yeah os might be better but F that. The thing is brand new, so I kinda swung back with a "if you knew what you where doing - than it would run right". So since that day I didn't get along with a couple of the guys there.

To top that off, everyone was such a dam gear head where you can't race on the track with them unless you spent 2000 extra on parts for the truck. They were even more pissed when the STOCK revo was kicking ass on the track.

After a while the whole thing kinda softened up, and I moved in any case. Now the place I'm looking to race at has an older crowd, they race on a dam nice track offroad, oval outdoor (dirt), indoor oval, and indoor corse. I stopped by for the first time saturday and met a couple of the guys and they where pretty cool about throwing ideas around.

It's a hit and miss in this world man, if people wanna bitch, let em - give em a rub the next time you lap em.

seanmanibog
11-13-2007, 05:26 AM
same way that I feel mebad. Its confusing why they do what they do.

Well, while i was putting on new brakes pads on the mantis today, low and behold while the truck was turned over I saw something that made my stomach churn. A nice mixture of gas and grease coming from right behind my flywheel. after making sure it couldnt have came from anywhere else, I determined my front bearing is bad. So now I have to go threw the whole thing with axial having them replace my engine. ugh.

andystoybox
11-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Sean,

I would figure that you treat others the way you are getting treated back. You post comments that are rude and inflammatory and then expect everyone else to just be nice to you since your just a "little one". Grow up and be responsible for your words and it will be what the rest of the world calls "give or take". If you're wondering what I am commenting about, try this on for size:

seanmanibog
Certifiable RC Zone Addict Join Date: 11-17-2006

Myself, Nidaho Mudder, and several others are well aware that this "andystoybox" is most likely Z-man280. I have heard some of the things that have gone on with this man, and have ridiculed him personally, and know the way he acts when he has nowhere to go. And what does he do?? Hide. It's for sure his dumb arse.

Sounds like it's you with the dumb arse, huh? How about your mom wash your mouth out with soap for being naughty and then sent to your room without any of your Legos. You have to act grown up if you want to be treated grown up. Quit while you're not too deep in your own doo.

XXWoodmanXX
11-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Still here, unfortunately, hmmmm?

I see you've failed to justify yourself as to the questions I had for you in that very same thread.

andystoybox
11-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Roy, you don't really justify a response. You are a turd who cannot leave anything alone. That's o.k. though, because the world really needs more of your type; we wouldn't be fighting in Iraq today if it weren't for you and your mentality about life in general. Why not just leave things alone. Maybe it's because you are really the person depicted in your Avatar: BIG HEAD, small brain. Grow up and get past it.

XXWoodmanXX
11-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Smells to me like awnelson

Reply reported.

andystoybox
11-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Who's awnelson? Oh, you mean another member that you're accusing me of being? I think the whole reporting thing that you do so well is quite childish and quite frankly something right up your alley. Now, hurry along, you don't want your third grade teacher marking you as tardy now, do you? You are probably the most offensive person I have dealt with on my time here.

XXWoodmanXX
11-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Oh, that's right. Because you insist that you're not an existing member here? I forgot.

Well, that's not what your PM to me stated

Roy,

I just thought I would give you a heads up on something. I left negative feedback in the trader forum. Please don't tell anyone that it is there... I want to see how long it stays up. I don't intend for us to keep fighting about stupid stuff. You asked how I knew you; we've traded before but because of the same group of individuals I left for a while. The only reason that I am being an ass about stuff is because the same lynching mob goes about things the same stupid way every time. I don't really care what happens on here other than I like to trade every now and then and can't see the trade/sale forum without a membership.

XXWoodmanXX
11-13-2007, 10:15 AM
You seem so quick to butt your nose into other's business and then become so hostile when asked about your OWN business here.

I find it amazing how you can be offensive, and defensive at the same time. Offense, AND Defense. Perhaps you should change your username to "Ironman"?

andystoybox
11-13-2007, 10:18 AM
It was already used

seanmanibog
11-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Sean,

I would figure that you treat others the way you are getting treated back. You post comments that are rude and inflammatory and then expect everyone else to just be nice to you since your just a "little one". Grow up and be responsible for your words and it will be what the rest of the world calls "give or take". If you're wondering what I am commenting about, try this on for size:

seanmanibog
Certifiable RC Zone Addict Join Date: 11-17-2006

Myself, Nidaho Mudder, and several others are well aware that this "andystoybox" is most likely Z-man280. I have heard some of the things that have gone on with this man, and have ridiculed him personally, and know the way he acts when he has nowhere to go. And what does he do?? Hide. It's for sure his dumb arse.

Sounds like it's you with the dumb arse, huh? How about your mom wash your mouth out with soap for being naughty and then sent to your room without any of your Legos. You have to act grown up if you want to be treated grown up. Quit while you're not too deep in your own doo.

all I have to say is...

HAHAHASAHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAH!!!!! YOU JUST BLEW IT BIG TIME!

seanmanibog
11-13-2007, 02:27 PM
It was already used

ROFL!

Now take this crap out of my thread you two.

On to the important stuff. I just got off the phone with axial and apperentally the front bearing isn't supported under warrenty. Bastards! oh well.

andystoybox
11-13-2007, 02:55 PM
On that note, I have had some leakage from Traxxas front bearings as well as one from an OFNA .21. The engine seems to still run o.k. even though it makes a mess everywhere on the trucks.

seanmanibog
11-13-2007, 03:48 PM
They told me it was regular to see a good amount of oil/gas coming from behind the flywheel 0.o

XXWoodmanXX
11-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Yup. With many fuels having 15-18% oil content, there has to be a way for that oil to evacuate the motor, or it will accumulate. Leakage from the main bearings is common, if not necesssary

NitroTXT1
11-13-2007, 04:28 PM
ok how does the engine run? does it run with high idles and seem to throw out of tune easily or does it run normal and it's just a small amount of grease? if it's question a then your bearing is probably bad causing an air leak causing those symptoms if it runs normal then it isn't bad...but should check everything else...I know my engines get some oil around there but when i run the engine it's nothing wrong...no high idle or anything...speaking of which i need to clean my motor

seanmanibog
11-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, when I looked, there was a big giant drop of grease hanging onto the bottom of the engine. As soon as I get my brakes back on (by the way, its awesome how the whole little brake piece comes off!) and fix my throttle, put my engine back in, and put my exhaust back on, I will be able to see if it is running properly. If it is, then I am just not going to even worry about it. I am going to get a STS .30 or Picco .28 once this engine is shot anyways.

NitroTXT1
11-14-2007, 07:43 PM
id say skip on the sts...picco is better quality...for not much more...i've owned an a sts...it was ok...but could've bought something better

seanmanibog
11-14-2007, 07:49 PM
ok. Is there any loss of power with the P/S version of the LRP?? I really don't like bump boxes.

ericem
11-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Yes there is. The one way adds resistance, and I believe its modded differently and fits the powerband for a truggy much better. Picco .28 P3 is a kick ass motor you know. Especially the turbo one.

seanmanibog
11-14-2007, 10:33 PM
I think eventually I am going to get the CEO modified Turbo .28 of the lrp.

Budget racer
11-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Those big blocks are fine motors but they are gas hogs. I have a Jammin truggy and race every weekend. I currently have a RB c3 .21 in it right now and after about a gallon the power started to show. At first i didn't think this motor was a runner but you got to run about a gallon thru it first and you must have the right pipe too. Few weeks back racing i ran 8 mins. on one tank...:eek: So far i am very happy with this motor and pulls my truggy around very well. I payed $165 for it brand new and so far it is worth every penny, plus what i save in fuel.
Bump boxes are the only way to go. If you are racing you will break a pull stater when your main is up for sure. If you can find a used one.
:wave:

josh222
11-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Why not change it yourself? or upgrade?

seanmanibog
11-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Those big blocks are fine motors but they are gas hogs. I have a Jammin truggy and race every weekend. I currently have a RB c3 .21 in it right now and after about a gallon the power started to show. At first i didn't think this motor was a runner but you got to run about a gallon thru it first and you must have the right pipe too. Few weeks back racing i ran 8 mins. on one tank...:eek: So far i am very happy with this motor and pulls my truggy around very well. I payed $165 for it brand new and so far it is worth every penny, plus what i save in fuel.
Bump boxes are the only way to go. If you are racing you will break a pull stater when your main is up for sure. If you can find a used one.
:wave:

That's funny, I can run a heat and half a main with my axial .28. I run several fuel filters when I race which increases run time greatly. I would assume I get atleast 10 minutes on a tank, which is pretty good. Also, I get gas really cheap ;)

ericem
11-15-2007, 04:29 PM
You steal it don't you!! Maybe that's why those LHS guys don't like you xD

seanmanibog
11-15-2007, 07:01 PM
lol no no no. I wouldn't steal from anywhere, I have learned my lesson before even doing anything watching my friends be put on probation for stealing stuff =]

andystoybox
11-15-2007, 07:17 PM
It's funny; how would you know you can only run a half a main? Forget to fill up one time too many?

seanmanibog
11-15-2007, 09:04 PM
No, I time my pits to when it is about empty. Halfway through each main i come in to fuel, and it is about empty then.

Budget racer
11-16-2007, 07:05 AM
seanman,
How many cc is your tank?:eek:.........:p
Becareful of how much fuel line run caus unlesss you have a clunker in your tank you will run out of fuel if you flip over for a extended amount of time, even if you get flipped back over you still have to fill all that line back up.
I run one good size filter case with no stone in it and about 6-8" of line.;)

Did you get them diffs done yet?

Ball Racing
11-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Yeah, but if he flips, he has all that line to keep him going until he gets back on his tires..

No matter how much fuel line, the engine burns the same aount while upside down.

Budget racer
11-16-2007, 09:18 AM
The fuel line will empty out upside down cause of no clunker. When you get flipped back over your line is still long and empty, plus your upside down reving it will lean out on you fast. I use clear line so i can see fuel moving in the tube, if you have clear next time rev you motor and see how long it take for the air to move thru the line to your carb, A long fuel line will not get you another full lap, might get you into the pit in a pinch. I found long line not to work for me and when the tank was low it seemed to have a lean condition because of all air in a the long line.....;)

Ball Racing
11-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Even with no clunker, the car will run longer upside down with longer line,
thats my argument.
Pilling it on for extra run time, well some racing has a limit on fuel line length.

Budget racer
11-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Ball racing,
Yes it will run longer you are correct.
Hey i see you are from Va. do ever run at Nuclear RC, or do you get TILTED....:D

seanmanibog
11-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Nope, haven't got the diff's done. Can't decide to go either 3-20-7 or 3-10-7

Budget racer
11-16-2007, 05:28 PM
I would go light your first round, and see how it drives. I never tell what is in my diffs to fella racers but i will tell you. I run 3, 10, 1 and for my Jammin this works well. Depending on certain tracks i might bump the center to 20.
Do you still have outdoor racing or is it over? Not sure where you are but we have one race left on Sunday then we go indoors.
Good luck.

seanmanibog
11-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Nope, outdoor season is over, the only other races still going on is 1/18th carpet. I am running on a really really bumpy track, you think that setup would still work good on the diffs?

seanmanibog
11-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Uhhh... do I need new clutch shoes???

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/seanmanibog/PB160151.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/seanmanibog/PB160153.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/seanmanibog/PB160157.jpg

Also, check out my exhuast gasket!!'

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/seanmanibog/PB160139.jpg

Budget racer
11-17-2007, 09:26 AM
No not bad when the spring start to touch then it time or if you are going to race more than 10 min. but you have some time left on them shoes. How long did you have those on? I run the aluminum silver shoes but wanted to try some other types.
Yes replace that gasket you don't want any metal chaffing, this can cause a glitch in you radio....:eek:
When you replace the clutch try a different spring rate, if you have soft springs in try harder ones and see how you like it. Play around and take notes.

seanmanibog
11-17-2007, 01:40 PM
ok. I will keep them shoes on, although I really don't think they are going to last much longer. They have been on for a gallon of 20% and about 1/3 of a gallon of 30%. Anyone know where I can get a new gasket?

ericem
11-18-2007, 12:12 AM
I bought venom ones from tower hobbies. They were really cheap and I have been testing them on my MGT and ST1 after 1 1/2 gallons still look new and seal perfectly! Silicone gaskets are the ones your looking for.

Try these venom ones but MIGHT be to loose they need to be the .21 seals.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRHP0&P=7

The axial .28 seal will work as well off course :)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPEC8&P=7

Make sure the seal is seated correctly when you put on the manifold.

About your clutch shoes. Which clutch bell are you running? I would try that same amount of teeth clutch bell with one that is vented. Helps keep debree build up in the bell which creates slipping and stays cooler. If the clutch when you are running doesn't feel to hot though then it's just normal wear because the clutch shoes suck lol.

A good set of upgrade shoes and springs I think would be mugen black teflon shoes and either some mugen springs 1.0mm(however I stopped running them when I heard people were snapping them because a they are not good quality) or Losi springs which are 1.0mm as well and cheaper and alot more dependable.

Shoes

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNJ80&P=7

springs

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNJ81&P=7

If you have a problem with these springs just use your stockers.

seanmanibog
11-18-2007, 12:30 AM
ok. Will those clutch shoes and springs preform better??? Also, isnt the ST-1 a .28??? If so I dont see why it wouldnt work.

ericem
11-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Ok true lol and it worked on both the .28 TT, and .26 Mach 427 and the TT .21. hehe. LOL.

Well if the clutch isn't slipping might be better or worse really might make you slip more at the wheels, but throttle control helps on that end. Also make sure you clean the clutch bell with brake cleaner or atleast wipe it.

seanmanibog
11-18-2007, 03:46 AM
alright. BTW, HOLY %@#! thats retarded 10 dollars for clutch shoes. lol. I will get them gasket's then too. I think that it might have been caused by my header, because when I looked, it was a line all the way around the gasket, and just that part had torn off, but the rest will easily tore off. I don't know why it did that too it, but w/e.

chewie
11-18-2007, 10:47 PM
umm just imagine if you had to replace losi clutch shoes.. its not very fun... nor good for the wallet.. i think it was round 30 bux for new shoes..
thats why i went electric.. he he he

seanmanibog
11-19-2007, 01:38 AM
lol. its ok chewie, just say nitro is too loud for you :D. Don't you even think about using the "B" word either. LOL.

AKASHA
11-19-2007, 02:02 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/crzystng/imagephp.jpg

seanmanibog
11-19-2007, 04:37 AM
Rotflmfao!

chewie
11-19-2007, 02:09 PM
ps those old shoes are NOT FINE how can anyone say . oh they arent bad... they are gone my freind...

ericem
11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
They look worn yes. But not to bad as the clutch spring doesn't look to be damaged.

seanmanibog
11-19-2007, 04:35 PM
its hard to see in the pics, but the clutch springs have obviously been touching the CB. I am gonna get some new ones. Opions on aluminum?

chewie
11-19-2007, 04:37 PM
yes but you dont EVER run clutch shoes down until they start to hit the spring.. if the springs are still good.. then you can reuse them until they loose their retaining abilities.. whoever runs them until they hit is just retarted..

seanmanibog
11-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Yeah, good thing I didn't do that! ;). Its ok, they haven't been worn down yet, I checked at the right time.