PDA

View Full Version : want to buy nitro monster

Georgerm
11-03-2007, 09:43 AM
i want buy a nitro monster truck so that i can bash around in my yard. i have never had a nitro before so this would be my first. was looking at traxxas stampede, t-maxx, mini mgt 3.0, losi aftershock. would never really want to race so does not have to be race worthy. any help appreciated.

ericem
11-03-2007, 09:54 AM
I would wait for the mini MGT 3.0. Aftershock is a little high maintenance, t-maxx is weak, stampede is 2WD....

rampbrian
11-03-2007, 10:15 AM
I hardly have to do any maintnence on my mgt between bashing rounds.
just spray it with wd40 and blow it off with compressed air.
its a good tough truck. the 1/10 scale version should be good too.

Adanmtxt1
11-03-2007, 10:23 AM
As usualy I must put the Revo out there, as it's a fantastic truck.

T-maxx is more fun than most people let on, and as long as you don't abuse it, it will prove fun.

LST is a sweet truck. Savage is a slightly old design but if you put some money into it it can be fantastic. 3-speed ftw!

andystoybox
11-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Abuse it? That's half the fun of having a T-Maxx. You've got to remember that before there was a Maxx, the other stuff couldn't handle anything other than a gentle brush with dusty pavement. Use a T-Maxx hard, fix what actually broke and then use it hard again. I think the first year I had mine, I spent less than $20 fixing it. They are still great trucks. DON'T buy someone else's problems; start fresh and you will know when stuff is broken rather than never having had the chance to see how it works when it works good. I have an OFNA Dominator, 2 T-Maxxes, and a REVO. The Maxx is the least trouble to run and parts are available everywhere.

Georgerm
11-03-2007, 07:18 PM
thanks for all the help but i am only 14 and do not have that much money and i really like the new nitro stampede. i would love to t-maxx or the aftershock but they are just to expensive and to big. mini mgt is awsome but expensive and really new so do not know good it is. the stampede is a proven platform which i really liked i used to have a E-maxx, electric stampede, rustler. sold all of those years ago to buy many minis then sold those to buy helicopters know back into cars. i currently have a losi bk2 to race just want somthing to purely to bash. also dad is ify on nitros so have to start with somthing small.

Georgerm
11-03-2007, 07:39 PM
one morer thing dad concerned on how load these are. my dad has heard a nitro 4tec 3.3 run and he thought that that was loud but i told him that that moter was a 3.3 and the stampede is only a .15.

hajile97
11-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Savage x all the way. If it is dated than what would the Tmaxx be? VERY outdated...as is most of the Maxx line with the exception of the new and improved Emaxx which is a beast.....

Read around the internet and you will see the Savage X is the business and it has proven it time and time again...I am now waiting on the new MGT 1/8 scale....

Had a Tmaxx and it was fast but weak and finicky to tune........

XXWoodmanXX
11-03-2007, 08:29 PM
George,

I'll address the "loud" issue directly......

Let's face it. ALL nitros are "loud". Many adults or those not familiar to the hobby don't even know that nitro-based R/C's even exist. But, once you start yours up, they will. LOL To me, personally, none of the nitros are "loud", but that's all a matter of opinion.

If your father is concerned about it being a noise pollutant, I would suggest electric? Sorry, but once a neighbor hears it, I guarantee they'll consider it too loud, and that's what matters most.

broncobill
11-04-2007, 09:01 AM
If it being loud is a concern, and you like the Pede, look at the VLX(?) Stampede. I just recently put a brushless system in my daughter's Pede, and she loves it. Plenty of power, speed, and longer run times. I am even thinking of converting my MGT to brushless.

Georgerm
11-04-2007, 07:26 PM
okay thanks for all the help i think i am finally convicing my dad that they are not that load and i will only run it at the park which is like a two minute walk from my house. but know he is wondering if it legal to run a nitro at the park is it violation with any codes stuff like that and brushlles is out of the question way to expensive for a basher truck.

stanmondz
11-05-2007, 10:32 PM
alot of parks won't allow people to run R/C cars,

Georgerm
11-06-2007, 03:06 PM
is there any way for me to find out if my park lets people run rc cars there.

Antraxx
11-06-2007, 03:51 PM
How about you ask them, because they are more likely to know than we are.

Georgerm
11-08-2007, 04:08 PM
have finally convinced my dad to let me get a nitro for christamas.