PDA

View Full Version : Modifying 40 series wheels

843rcguy
11-05-2007, 09:43 PM
I am looking to purchase some Pro-Line Wabash wheels but they only come in 40 series. I have a brand new set of Crimefighter MTR maxx size tires that I just purchased and do not want to buy any more. I have seen where people have modified their 40 series to fit maxx size tires. I know you have to cut the wheels and also modify the mounting bead on the tires but can anyone direct me as to exactly how to do this, including pictures? Thanks.

tommckay
11-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I've never done it to Maxx size stuff, but just applying a little logic and common sense, I would say you could narrow the 40 series wheel, but no size adjustment!

The Maxx size tire can be made to fit by cutting the center out at the right spot. The trick would be to find the right spot and keeping it even so it fits the 40 series rim right.

It's a try it kind of thing. A little nerve wracking when you first start because you don't want to ruin perfectly good merchandise, but if you go at it conservatively you can do it easily. Do the tire first, get it to fit the rim by removing a little at a time (baby Steps!) & once fitting the rim see how much it needs to be narrowed.