PDA

View Full Version : OH MY GOD look at this Bruiser!!!!!!!!

Figit090
11-07-2007, 01:35 PM
IMO this is really cool... mint NIB... i would LOVE to have this;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-BRUISER-NEW-IN-BOX-Toyota-Mountianeer-HILUX_W0QQitemZ250184476827QQihZ015QQcategoryZ4402 2QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Adanmtxt1
11-07-2007, 02:34 PM
This thread should have been posted in Monster Truck.....

JK OMFG LOOK AT EET! It is pristine!!! Some people are either very lucky or had the foresight to realize these might be worth something in 20 years.

rccardude04
11-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Wow ... if I had the $$ to blow, I'd probably BIN lol.
-Eric

Figit090
11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
This thread should have been posted in Monster Truck.....

no i disagree...the whole RC world should see it IMO. it's not quite a "monster" truck and i'm sure there are touring car drivers people who read this section and their respective section that would hate to miss it...

it's not the best in the world but its not everyday you see a NIB bruiser that hasn't been so much as had parts test fitted...

it's like a mint condition full size car that's from the 80's or earlier.... i drive a toyota supra and there was one just found from 1990 with 92 kilometers on the clock...mint condition never been sold or even had it's interior unwrapped..... and supra guys LOVE that. any RC person could appreciate this.

NitroTXT1
11-07-2007, 06:13 PM
i can't see myself paying that for a bruiser as much as i love em...i'd rather have an mcd 1/5 scale for that amount of money..the thing is you can find a beautiful mint bruiser for like 600 i'd rather go that route..but that's nice i love the bruiser...but will most likely never own it

Adanmtxt1
11-07-2007, 08:09 PM
no i disagree...the whole RC world should see it IMO. it's not quite a "monster" truck and i'm sure there are touring car drivers people who read this section and their respective section that would hate to miss it...

it's not the best in the world but its not everyday you see a NIB bruiser that hasn't been so much as had parts test fitted...

it's like a mint condition full size car that's from the 80's or earlier.... i drive a toyota supra and there was one just found from 1990 with 92 kilometers on the clock...mint condition never been sold or even had it's interior unwrapped..... and supra guys LOVE that. any RC person could appreciate this.

Yes, I know. That is why I put JK in capital letters at right below that. This is a very slick piece of RC history and is cool to see in mint condition, the way it was packaged over 20 years ago. I wonder if Tamiya and other RC manufacturers keep a NIB example of each of their models? =-O

etc1006
11-07-2007, 08:40 PM
I know a guy on one of my Mustang forums who found a used but in decent shape one at a Goodwill store. My step dad either threw out or donated my stsp brother's original RC10 and Fox when he cleaned the basement a few years ago... He said "I told him to come and look through this stuff... And he didn't..." He told me that when I asked about the Fox when I was getting back into R/C a couple of years ago... I had the Fox lying around and we fixed it up for his 10th birthday or something and gave it to him. Now he's like 25 or so and knows wht they're worth these days, kinda bummed him out.

Figit090
11-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Yes, I know. That is why I put JK in capital letters at right below that.

MY BAD. with all your capital letters i totally missed that, sorry mate!

rccardude04
11-08-2007, 01:39 AM
NitroTXT1... With enough expendable income, you can have both.
-Eric

NitroTXT1
11-08-2007, 04:03 PM
thus is true...but i am broke lol...believe me though when money permits my three speed collection will grow from zero to two or three...and i've had a 1/5th that i got for an awesome deal but ran into some trouble and had to sell it... so eventually i'll get it back

Figit090
11-09-2007, 02:29 AM
...........$2,075.52+S&H!!! :eek:

i wonder what the new owner is going to do with it...

one
11-13-2007, 09:50 PM
There's a point where collectable crosses the line to stupidity. This one crossed the line a looooooong time before the bidding ended.

Figit090
11-13-2007, 10:07 PM
There's a point where collectable crosses the line to stupidity. This one crossed the line a looooooong time before the bidding ended.

haha yup. :rolleyes:

unless you have a buyer who will pay even more next month ;):p

GT Freak
11-24-2007, 10:11 AM
you think thats bad..... lol check this out.

http://www.bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1765 the admin has 268 bikes,goto page4 to see all them.

Figit090
11-24-2007, 05:59 PM
OMG why!? do those people even RIDE bikes? only an adult could afford that many but what adult rides bmx?

BAH!! its not even a showroom...what IS the point? do they buy and sell for profit or like to build? thats so...weird.

GTX
11-25-2007, 03:05 AM
I'd love a Bruiser or Hi-Lift one of these days, especially the Bruiser or Mountaineer. They're a piece of R/C history and carry such realism and scale to R/C driving.