PDA

View Full Version : NY (putnam), CT (Danbury) RC racing

MeBaD
11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey all, there are some nice places to go racing and bashing in the NY/CT area. I'm wondering if anyone is in the area on the forum? I just moved up to Carmel, NY and already the local hobby shop knows me :) I'm a fan of local support, the hobbyshop down the street also has another one in new milford, CT (gmxracing.com) They have a real nice offroad track, a nice oval dirt track, and (now that the indoor season really started) everyone is racing indoors. I have been on and off with RC cars/trucks for years and enjoy the track and the back yard :) I'm really mostly looking to see who might be in the local area and what/where you might race/bash at!

If there is enough people around I thought about a club. But I guess let me first find out who is around ;)

alexrckid
11-13-2007, 08:11 PM
i, too, live in putnum(mahopac). a GREAT lhs for r/c is GALLIMODS on rt 6 in mahopac. the owners also have a race track in new milford, ct(short drive on rt84 from carmel). in addition to their track, there's wolcott(ct) as well as barnstormers in chester, ny.........both within driving distance. all tracks run different forms (indoor/outdoor) all year long.

alexrckid
11-13-2007, 08:33 PM
btw....i used to work for john/jess at gallimods......nice/knowledgable folks. i'm still a regular there......

schenck77
11-13-2007, 10:00 PM
wolcott just started there indoor season. 10th scale buggy,truck and 4wd on indoor dirt. track is 80x30.

MeBaD
11-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah, galli's was who I was talking about :)

They are trying to get more of the monster truck crowd back for the big track (which is in dam nice shape) next season as brucneers in Nanuet has closed. Barnstormers is cool but they always have one jump that you hit wrong and you're in the corn field. They are also thinking of racing thursday nights @ 7.

www.gallimods.com - the mahopac store (8 miles from me)
www.gmxracing.com - the new millford store (about 20 miles from me)

Funny enough it takes the same amount of time to get to both stores cause of !@$!@ rt 6 :(

I wanna race my revo 3.3 (mostly stock other than pipe and a couple little things) and my micro-t (lipo upgrade and a custom body). Though I'm a little outta practice, I've been having fun when I can with the micro-t in the basement on a track I made with old tamiya tires :)

Is there any clubs or "get togethers" in the area? I know a few places other than the track to rip up some dirt! Was poking around to see if there was any dirbike trails :P

NotWalkinBlind
11-14-2007, 01:29 PM
http://www.rccaraction.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E29CAE68A6D4457BA0FB171BEC7D56D2&type=gen&mod=Core+Pages&gid=A17C70EC41B54ADC9E62CC91D491725B

alexrckid
11-14-2007, 05:02 PM
check out www.nicks-simworld.com for some local track info