PDA

View Full Version : New firestorm W/g3 engine...Starting probs

stoneyboarder68
11-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Okay here is my situation. I am new to nitro and I got this car. Well I broke engine in just the way they said to. On the third and fourth tank I was trying to tune the engine, and now it won't start. Here's what I've done to trouble shoot.
Okay I know I flooded it a few times.Took out glow plug,removed excess fuel. Next, checked air filter it's fine. Glow plug back in, prime , then start.Engine revs really high then dies. I've set both set screws back to flush. Then backed high speed out half turn, idle speed one turn. Not sure what to do at this point.I
think the screws are to blame but as I'm new to this I don't know can someone please help????
Oh yeah had a few electric cars over the years, and I've always wanted nitro. Well now I have it!!! I know you guys can help and I'm sure my car will be back to running in no time. Thanks in advance for the help.:D

rccardude04
11-18-2007, 05:15 PM
You backed out the high speed 1/2 turn? It should be more like 4 FULL turns. (8 half turns).
Unless of course you're talking about from flush... I have no idea what flush is on that engine, but try 4 turns and see where it gets you.
-Eric

stoneyboarder68
11-18-2007, 06:13 PM
car dude thanks... the book it came with says no more than 3/4 turn from flush. It's a g3 hpi engine.

rccardude04
11-19-2007, 12:09 AM
It sounds like it's not getting fuel for one reason or another.
4 turns on top end, flush on bottom end (or one turn out or wherever they say).
Are you sure you're priming it enough?
-Eric

stoneyboarder68
11-19-2007, 07:37 AM
tried four turns out.It still revs fast then dies. When I prime the regular way (ie pull the starter with finger over muffler) It doesn't get enough fuel. So someone on this forum said to blow through the tube from the muffler. Maybe I'm priming too much??? Also it goes fast when it starts but just not long enough to adjust anything....Aggravating. Hey I really appreciate your help buy the way. Thanks

ironoutlaw
11-19-2007, 10:26 AM
turn the high speed needle in too it stops and then turn it back out 3 turns and then see what happens then turn 1/4 turn from there, this should give you a starting point also see if the pipe is full of oil this will cause the same problem also

rccardude04
11-20-2007, 12:50 AM
Richen it on the bottom end 1/2 turn each attempt and see what happens. It sounds like it's just starving for fuel.
Also, empty your tank and make sure you can blow through it without a whole lot of resistance. Just be careful not to drink nitro, lol.
This works best if you can blow into the fuel line, and leave the exhaust pressure line attached so that you can check for resistance in the exhaust nipple also.
-Eric

stoneyboarder68
11-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah, eric you were right it was starving for fuel...but it was flooding during priming, weird. I got the screws set right now ,she runs like a champ but now I gotta clean the drive train. It doesn't roll as smooth as it did before. Damn the thing is fast....It seems to get faster every tank. How many tanks do you think it will take for the speed to top out????? I'm on tank 8 or 9 I think. Anyway thanks for the help.