PDA

View Full Version : Southern California Events?

jasnusc
06-19-2008, 04:06 PM
I just bought my first boat today. Nitro Vee Traxxas.

Are there any events in Orange County / Southern California for Boating?

And.... Anybody know what local ponds or lakes accept nitro boats?

Thanks....

Ron Olson
06-20-2008, 12:50 PM
You can go to www.namba9.net or the NAMBA site to find races in your area. Don't plan on racing the Nitro-Vee though as there really isn't a class for them unless you're lucky enough to find one with a RTR class.

jasnusc
06-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Cool... Thanks for the info. I would love to find one just to go watch. I didnt realize they even had RC Boat Racing.

Im hoping someone will respond from Southern California with some lakes or ponds i can drive it at.

Ive been told allot of people wont allow Nitro. Didnt learn this till after i bought it.

Thanks again for the info....

Ron Olson
06-21-2008, 12:45 AM
That's Kaluh4nya for ya! I know that it's hard there to find a place to run where you won't ger hassled.
Me, I'm lucky as I have 3 ponds to choose from within 2 miles of my house. The downside is that they're frozen almost half the year.

jasnusc
06-24-2008, 02:22 PM
You can go to www.namba9.net or the NAMBA site to find races in your area. Don't plan on racing the Nitro-Vee though as there really isn't a class for them unless you're lucky enough to find one with a RTR class.

I tried that Link but its only for Northern California. I will have to keep looking to see if there are any Events in So Cal.

steelewise
06-28-2008, 01:09 AM
yo bro its namba19.net This is for San Diego, Orange county and LA. Maybe Ill see u there when i get my boat together!

radioboatman
03-05-2009, 05:48 PM
I just bought my first boat today. Nitro Vee Traxxas.

Are there any events in Orange County / Southern California for Boating?

And.... Anybody know what local ponds or lakes accept nitro boats?

Thanks....

I've been going to Big Bear Lake in the San Bernardino Mts for years and although I haven't seen much in the way of rc boats, they have a ton of REALLY loud water vehicles of all types. Noise definitely would not be an issue. They also have a ton of protected coves where the water can be a bit smoother.

Good luck!