PDA

View Full Version : Hey hey!

ericem
04-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey guys, damn has been a long time since I have even seen this forum. Good to know the layout is still the same =D Anyway since I have been gone went through like 3 ST-1 bought sold bought sold bought sold, now I still have my MGT .21, but haven't fired it up in a while + need to fix the failsafe wire and I sold my SW chaos that thing was a bomb ticking (something always melted lol).

Anyways.......................

So my friends were all talking about the good ol RC days and figured this time we would look into something electric. In debate between mini and 1/10th. Thinking something decently quick, 4x4 preferably, but as long as it is fast its good(durable), and cheap (like under $200). Will also be considering something used.

During the summer will probably pick up my 4th st-1 lol, or get the RC8T noticed they have those now.

Opinions would be great, thanks!

Ihaveaxrayt2r
04-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Welcome back!

Well, in these past months C.O.R.R truck racing has come a long way. With traxas releasing the Slash, and team asscioated with there SC8-E and SC10.

Really nice truck's! But all them expect SC8-E are 2wd. But the slash and SC10 are around the 200$ range.

SC10 RTR 239.99
Traxxas Slash RTR 199.98
SC10 kit 189.99
SC8-E 409.99

Other then that I don't think you can find a 4x4 truck under $200.

ericem
05-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Thanks! Ya now I am considering either the sc10 or the slash hmmm. Not really a fan of traxxas product's.... Then again I hear the slash is a very well built truck.

Ihaveaxrayt2r
05-02-2009, 02:50 AM
Ya, it a great truck for bashing!!!!

really the SC10 is more: racing friendly.

slash is more of: jump off a ruf and not break thing! ;)

so if you are planing to race i would sugest looking at the SC10...for bashing the slash.
unless you want a challenge and rtace the slash...really fun!

Neon_Dave
05-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Looking at both of them, sitting at work at the hobby shop right now.. I can tell you two things that will help in your decision making:

If you're interested in concourse and spick and span realism, the SC10 is definitely the truck for you. It is also a better performer on the track and handling-wise overall.

The Slash, having been built on the Rustler platform, is all about durability. Its suspension arms are solid composite, and it is a little heavier - however is without a doubt tougher and will hold up better for whatever craziness you may throw at it :D

It is the same comparison as the Rustler vs T4, as these are the platforms the Slash and SC10 are built on, respectively. Both can be set up to be great on the track and great for bashing, in any case.

Hope this helps!
-Dave

rccardude04
05-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Long time no smell... I mean see. :D

If you're going to race the thing and the class is not slash-specific, the SC10 will be better. Hands down. But for overall and playing around, and/or spec-class slash racing, the Slash is the overall winner.

It's not an exceptionally well-handling machine but it's still a blast to drive. You can beat the crap out of it and it just doesn't care. Especially fun if you get a 3-4 of them running oval laps around a baseball diamond or a couple columns underneath a bridge. :D

-Eric

Quinton
05-06-2009, 05:05 PM
What's up old fella's! I haven't been running r/c's much either. Ran MAYBE a couple half tanks since last season to keep'em lubed and such. Sold most of them though.
Charged them up 2 weeks ago and ran them at the track and had fun. Now I'm kind of feeling the bug again.
I had a Slash. Tough truck! Horribly boring and slow in stock form but if there was a stock class by me I'd buy another one for sure.

ericem
05-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Thanks guys! Nice seeing some familiar people :D

I am thinking Slash for sure! I will most likey use the truggy for racing. All I want the slash for is screwing around when I am bored, and the slash sounds like it will fit the need for this hehe.

ericem
05-13-2009, 07:11 PM
You know what screw the slash ahah. The mini mgt 3.0 is only $200 + shipping with a coupon code at tower!! Saw the RCU review I am totally hooked, and it sounds like it does not guzzle crazy amounts of fuel like my st-1 did!

rccardude04
05-13-2009, 10:38 PM
The little monster gt isn't quite the same as the big one though... They're lacking in durability, and the throttle linkage will make you scratch your head for a week.

-Eric

ericem
05-14-2009, 08:23 PM
What durability problems are there? Throttle linkage seems fine, I will just use a return spring on the carb.

ericem
05-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Dammit! It's discontinued!! I was going to buy it tomorrow lol I can not believe this. Now I need to tell my friends who were going to buy one it was discontinued. Why would it be discontinued!!

ericem
05-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Lucky me

http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=ASC20515

Would have worked out to more actually if I bought it from tower with duties and all.

rccardude04
05-15-2009, 01:31 AM
I'm tellin' ya. It's discontinued/cheap for a reason.

You might get lucky if you're not hard on stuff, but they're generally kinda meh.

They do run quite well though. Good power, handle alright, LOADS of top speed.

-Eric

marca
05-27-2009, 11:41 PM
HEY HEY what a coincidence i just came back too lol! long time no speak eric.
I would say go with the slash, cant go wrong. not that expensive, pick up and go fun, and if you find it to slow go brushless!!

ericem
05-28-2009, 12:15 PM
haha hey man ya I have to make a road trip to montreal soon too xD

To many choices grrr. I need more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.